Faction transfering and then back again (is quest progress kept?)

If I transfer to alliance, I know I will lose some quest chains and have to redo them, argent tournament stuff, etc. However, if I then transfer back to horde, is all my progress "remembered" from when I was horde? Will I get all my argent tournament mounts back, all the quests will be done again, etc?

Thanks.

Having done this the general answer is no. Some quests like with the sigils of power you will keep the sigils but you need to go pick the quest up again. Along with AT reset you will need to unlock the cata portals again for twilight highlands and vash'ir.

Quote Originally Posted by Khargol View Post
    Having done this the general answer is no. Some quests like with the sigils of power you will keep the sigils but you need to go pick the quest up again. Along with AT reset you will need to unlock the cata portals again for twilight highlands and vash'ir.
    Well since I did all the chain quests on horde originally, if I transfer back will those chains still be done? Mainly looking at rep chains that unlock dailies in BC, Wrath, Cata, Panda, etc.

It isn't something where the server remembers what a character's progress was at indefinitely. The information is stored with the character, so when the character ceases to exist the information is gone.