Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Oh you mean like setting the defaults, adjusting your inbound and outbound volume settings, and possibly redirecting various games or software to the new device. Yeah god forbid anyone do 5-10min of work when they can bitch about the game being unplayable and how Blizzard has ruined it. So sad that my generation spent ages configuring ini files and downloading tweaked drivers often to get games like MoM and MoO working on newer installations when today people can't be bothered spending a fraction of the time to fix a minor issue.
    Adding line to one "ini" file for one application or changing access to memory for one application (EMS for many old games) is very different from changing drivers which have effect on multiple applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Adding line to one "ini" file for one application or changing access to memory for one application (EMS for many old games) is very different from changing drivers which have effect on multiple applications.
    Unless you're running Windows 3.1 I seriously doubt you would have any issues. It boils down to just being lazy or looking to grasp onto that final hope that Blizzard is ruining the game so that the problem can be blamed on anyone but oneself.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Oh you mean like setting the defaults, adjusting your inbound and outbound volume settings, and possibly redirecting various games or software to the new device. Yeah god forbid anyone do 5-10min of work when they can bitch about the game being unplayable and how Blizzard has ruined it. So sad that my generation spent ages configuring ini files and downloading tweaked drivers often to get games like MoM and MoO working on newer installations when today people can't be bothered spending a fraction of the time to fix a minor issue.
    Much more than that. It's resets the devices and have to unplug/replug all the cables, on top of adjusting the defaults to work in multiple applications. That takes much longer than 5-10mins. Some of us have sound/video software that's a tad complicated to setup, and it's a major groan to redo it all over again -- JUST FOR ONE GAME.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Much more than that. It's resets the devices and have to unplug/replug all the cables, on top of adjusting the defaults to work in multiple applications. That takes much longer than 5-10mins. Some of us have sound/video software that's a tad complicated to setup, and it's a major groan to redo it all over again -- JUST FOR ONE GAME.
    But you'll bitch and moan about not being able to play because of that issue for JUST THAT ONE GAME. If the game is that important to you then it's probably important enough to resolve the issue if it can be resolved on your end. If it isn't worth the effort to fix the issue then maybe it's time to stop bitching about the issue and play something else that works with your drivers.

Unless you're running Windows 3.1 I seriously doubt you would have any issues. It boils down to just being lazy or looking to grasp onto that final hope that Blizzard is ruining the game so that the problem can be blamed on anyone but oneself.
    If you ever read Blizz tech support, its never their fault. Anyways, I get the error 132 from time to time and my sound drivers are up to date. I have even gone back and manually installed them. But yet the issue is on my end, even though a handful of sound specific programs never have an issue, games which incorporate sound never have an issue.

But you'll bitch and moan about not being able to play because of that issue for JUST THAT ONE GAME. If the game is that important to you then it's probably important enough to resolve the issue if it can be resolved on your end. If it isn't worth the effort to fix the issue then maybe it's time to stop bitching about the issue and play something else that works with your drivers.
    Noone is bitching or moaning here. People like me found solution to play WoW without sound waiting when Blizzard will address the issue. But bothering with changing sound drivers for one game - lol no.

Btw, when you go to restaurant and order some food and you get cold food, you are not told - hey you can always go to your home and put it in microwave. You are basically telling us to use microwave in this case, while in fact it is stupid, and it is problem of restaurant (software developers) that it makes us to do highly inconvenient things, it is them who should solve such issues, not end-users. Might not be the best example, but I hope you get what I mean.
    Last edited by Ferocity; 2012-12-04 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    If you ever read Blizz tech support, its never their fault. Anyways, I get the error 132 from time to time and my sound drivers are up to date. I have even gone back and manually installed them. But yet the issue is on my end, even though a handful of sound specific programs never have an issue, games which incorporate sound never have an issue.
    Yes, the original post that sparked this whole conversation even stated that many had this issue due to drivers not everyone.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:04 AM ----------

Noone is bitching or moaning here. People like me found solution to play WoW without sound waiting when Blizzard will address the issue. But bothering with changing sound drivers for one game - lol no.

Btw, when you go to restaurant and order some food and you get cold food, you are not told - hey you can always go to your home and put it in microwave. You are basically telling us to use microwave in this case, while in fact it is stupid, and it is problem of restaurant (software developers) that it makes us to do highly inconvenient things, it is them who should solve such issues, not end-users. Might not be the best example, but I hope you get what I mean.
    Except it is the responsibility of the restaurant to make sure your food is heated properly. It is not Blizzards responsibility to be certain that their game works on every possible combination of hardware there is. Then when it doesn't work properly blaming them when you hold the keys to the solution but just don't want to be bothered with it.

Yes, the original post that sparked this whole conversation even stated that many had this issue due to drivers not everyone.
    True, and I'm the other half, and Blizzard has been saying its a sound issue since Wrath maybe even sooner. An when you come back with I manually updated the driver myself, they either shut up, or they never respond if its a forum post. An like I said earlier, its the only program having an issue with the supposed sound driver,

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    But you'll bitch and moan about not being able to play because of that issue for JUST THAT ONE GAME.
    And you don't stay here and bitch and complain about complaints as blind defense for Blizzard? Look at your posting history for proof.

The point is changing a computer setup that is time consuming for one game is wrong. And if players balk due to it, they have every reason to do so, as that's time outside the game to support something that Q&A needs to address BEFORE MAKING IT AVAILABLE.

Disabling addons isn't a big problem. Changing game settings isn't a big problem. Changing a core feature on a computer can be a huge problem.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Except it is the responsibility of the restaurant to make sure your food is heated properly. It is not Blizzards responsibility to be certain that their game works on every possible combination of hardware there is. Then when it doesn't work properly blaming them when you hold the keys to the solution but just don't want to be bothered with it.
    There was similar company who acted like this (everything is end-user problem) and who made "awesome" game named Battlespire. Sure you could make it work after a lot of obscure manipulations, but those manipulations were like "hey let's randomly change thing x to y, repeat process million times and it will work in the end).

Drivers describe they way by which application access sound devices. It provides predetermined APIs so you wouldn't have to reinvent bicycle and write assembler code for it. It is task of software developer to make it so APIs wouldn't cause sudden lockouts and to not use various exotic APIs which are not supported by all drivers. If they fail too much to use APIs properly - we get various abominations like classic Dungeon Lords. It is not task of end-user to ping-pong their drivers at a demand of lazy software developer. Especially what concerns sound and video drivers.

Another example, English writers don't write half of their books in Deutsch, but why not? It's the reader who holds the keys to solution of language barrier, and some moments can be best described only in German language.

But as I wrote before, it is sound drivers which cause crashes for me and many other people in 5.1, but not for everyone without exception. However, it is not necessary looting or addons or anything else which can be reason for crashes. And didn't get PM from Celticmoon yet.

And didn't get PM from Celticmoon yet.
    I haven't logged into WoW yet tonight. I will when the little ones go to bed. If I get the error message, I WILL pm it to you. Thanks

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Just for the record, after seeing this thread, I passed on the advice to update sound drivers to the friend of mine who was crashing after every single boss...

... and it worked! Hooray.

So thanks to whoever posted that.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxSimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarma

Ferocity was kind enough to look through my crash error report and informed me that a program (GuardedID) looked to be the issue of the crashing. I have uninstalled the program. I will update if it works. *crosses fingers*

Thanks again, Ferocity.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:56 AM ----------

Happened again while I was in a dungeon...FML

*Oddly enough, the problem seems to have stopped, since 12/6/12's update.
    Last edited by Winter Blossom; 2012-12-07 at 02:18 PM.