1. #1

    AMD HD 8000 serie revealed?

    Found this today



    Source -> http://www.bitdreams.es/roadmapati.html#radeon8000

    I found it a bit disappointing because the gtx 780 would have 2560 cuda cores while the 8970 has the same. Pretty much the same specs such as 3GB & 384bit memory controller. But a cuda core's frequency is always higher. A single cuda core is always faster for gaming than a stream processor from AMD but AMD is winning in GPGPU computing like 5x such as bitcoin mining.

    If I'm correct the stream cpu's frequency in an amd is actually the same as the core clock. So for a 6970 they all would run at 880MHz but for example with a gtx 680 the cuda cores are running at 2600MHz.

  2. #2
    "Seems legit"
    Those numbers look broadly in-line with that I would expect the next generation to be like...

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    "Seems legit"
    Those numbers look broadly in-line with that I would expect the next generation to be like...
    Hehe :P Well I heard like 2 months ago that they're going to bring wireless display output stuff out with the 8xxx serie which is just a great feature.

    For now it's already clear that the nvidia will be harder to cool due to an increasement of 1000 cuda cores..

  4. #4
    I would take it with a pinch of salt at all times until I see it on the shelves, basically.

  5. #5
    Now, it might be a typo or a misunderstanding on my part, but under name, they all have Q1-4 and 2012-2013, so I'm guessing those are quarters and dates... the 8970 is being released this month?

    Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

  6. #6
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    Now, it might be a typo or a misunderstanding on my part, but under name, they all have Q1-4 and 2012-2013, so I'm guessing those are quarters and dates... the 8970 is being released this month?
    Don't think 8k series will launch anytime soon. Q2 2013 is my guess. Those release dates are most likely fake / bad guesses and should not be taken seriously.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MaskEd View Post
    Don't think 8k series will launch anytime soon. Q2 2013 is my guess. Those release dates are most likely fake / bad guesses and should not be taken seriously.
    Release dates are not official yet and it depends a lot of nvidia. I guess this time nvidia will release their new line first because they're heavily in need of better gpu's for higher resolutions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •