Razer Naga mouse keeps double clicking.

Hi, i'v had the mouse nearly 3 years now and it keeps double clicking wen i left click. I'v tried blowing the hell out of it but still does it. It gets annoying if i want to go back a web page, it goes back two.. really frustrating.

Any thoughts on how i can fix this?

Razer says to uninstall then reinstall drivers it worked for me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blowing wont work 99% of the time. If what the person above me doesn't work, then take all the screws off and wipe the buttons under the left and right mouse buttons with a very very lightly damp paper towel and get the dust off of it. This worked for me. The screws are under the rubber under the mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKblood View Post
    Hi, i'v had the mouse nearly 3 years now and it keeps double clicking wen i left click. I'v tried blowing the hell out of it but still does it. It gets annoying if i want to go back a web page, it goes back two.. really frustrating.

Any thoughts on how i can fix this?
    Sounds like the contacts under the buttons are getting dirty. It's happened on every single Razer mouse I've had, hence why I don't buy Razer anymore. You can probably take the outer casing off of the mouse and find a way to reach the contacts. Not quite sure what size they are, but I'd bet a couple of q-tips and a little rubbing alcohol would clean em up nice.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

try re installing or update the firmware... (firmware isnt the same as drivers)
    you can find frimware at same place where drivers are
    mine one time was doing some strange shit....
    i did that and it got back to normally
    sry for my bad english

Happened to both of my old Nagas, and I've heard from many others that had the same issue. You can try to take it apart and clean the insides, but I haven't tried this myself.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    I was actually just talking about this in another thread randomly. This is a VERY common and VERY annoying problem with these mice. The problem is actually the little plastic tabs that push the clicker buttons down. They wear down and get to a point where they aren't pressing the button down enough so it clicks multiple times. Some people say to clean the clickers with contact cleaner but I don't think this is the problem. I can even see visible wear on the plastic. You'll find some fixes online. One guy put wax in the part that wore down and says it worked great. I used some scotch tape and glue since I read it worked, lol. It worked for about a week and then it came back. Just recently tried to fix it again and it's all screwy now so I'm gonna have to open it up again. Each time you do the teflon gets less sticky and more wrinkled. Biggest pain in the ass. Opening it also voids your warranty so keep that in mind. Thinking of trying some of this liquid plastic stuff I found online.

Edit: Jan. 24th 2013 - I think I was actually wrong. After using my MX 518 for a while and benching my Naga after so many attempts to fix it with a "gap filler" of some sort like I was talking about before, I decided to try and fix it with contact cleaner. I used CRC QD Electronic Cleaner. I got it from the local Wal Mart but you can find it on Amazon, it's the highest rated cleaner. Anyways, so far it works!! I took the tape that I put on before off the tabs and just sprayed some cleaner on the little white button and into the switch, pressed it down a few times to work it in there and so far it's working great. I don't want to jinx myself though. But it definitely did do something so I'm glad I have a whole bottle, lol.

Thank GOD, I thought I was going to have to re-bind everything to my keyboard and get used to it all over again or buy a g600 which I didn't wanna do. Also the new Naga's supposedly have the same issue only now they come with free spyware and require an internet connection to use according to a ton of reviews. They also changed the index finger button positions to below the mouse wheel now, lol.

Anyways, GG contact cleaner!
    Last edited by Tucci; 2013-01-24 at 11:42 PM.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    I was actually just talking about this in another thread randomly. This is a VERY common and VERY annoying problem with these mice. The problem is actually the little plastic tabs that push the clicker buttons down. They wear down and get to a point where they aren't pressing the button down enough so it clicks multiple times. Some people say to clean the clickers with contact cleaner but I don't think this is the problem. I can even see visible wear on the plastic. You'll find some fixes online. One guy put wax in the part that wore down and says it worked great. I used some scotch tape and glue since I read it worked, lol. It worked for about a week and then it came back. Just recently tried to fix it again and it's all screwy now so I'm gonna have to open it up again. Each time you do the teflon gets less sticky and more wrinkled. Biggest pain in the ass. Opening it also voids your warranty so keep that in mind. Thinking of trying some of this liquid plastic stuff I found online.
    That's the main reason I switched back to Logitech after going through two Copperheads that ended up having that problem - "sticky" buttons. Granted, those were both first generation Copperheads, so it was quite some time ago. But I haven't had any issues with any of the Logitech mice I've owned - my old MX500 lasted six years before I replaced it with the first Copperhead (and it was still working fine when I replaced it), and I've been using an MX518 (basically like a second-generation MX500... or maybe it's third-generation, I forget) for three or four years now with zero issues.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    That's the main reason I switched back to Logitech after going through two Copperheads that ended up having that problem - "sticky" buttons. Granted, those were both first generation Copperheads, so it was quite some time ago. But I haven't had any issues with any of the Logitech mice I've owned - my old MX500 lasted six years before I replaced it with the first Copperhead (and it was still working fine when I replaced it), and I've been using an MX518 (basically like a second-generation MX500... or maybe it's third-generation, I forget) for three or four years now with zero issues.
    I actually have the MX518. I got it before my naga a long time ago, sometime in early WOTLK. But I can't go back to it because I have so many binds on the naga, lol. Only downside to it besides this double click issue...you really can't use any other mouse once you've gotten used to it. I think it's a genius way to get us to buy more and more nagas, lol.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Had my first naga for over 3 years, was so happy with it that i bought the new 2013 edition. Had no issues with mine

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically just look at the one star reviews on Amazon. A lot of them are because of this issue. The very first one explains this issue perfectly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by summons inc View Post
    Blowing wont work 99% of the time.
    The early gaming consoles beg to differ :3

OT: you need to install the driver, just google it.

razr is ... very often poor quality ... get a different mouse next time (there's plenty really good alternatives out there)