Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wargon View Post
    I honestly feel like frost is a little annoying with how much procs and whatnot, I know it sounds backwards but its true.
    Agreed. It's not that it's that hard to play. It's just annoying to have to manage that many procs/spells. I don't find it fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggimannd View Post
    Agreed. It's not that it's that hard to play. It's just annoying to have to manage that many procs/spells. I don't find it fun at all.
    I don't mind the procs and have no problem playing it. I do think that freeze is the single stupidest spell that anyone has in their rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    I don't mind the procs and have no problem playing it. I do think that freeze is the single stupidest spell that anyone has in their rotation.
    Why? its cool!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why? its cool!
    Having to use a targeting reticule on such a short cooldown all night just bothers me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to use a targeting reticule on such a short cooldown all night just bothers me.
    I like it. For me it's awesome tool that adds to your dps, and control (if needed for adds).
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I like it. For me it's awesome tool that adds to your dps, and control (if needed for adds).
    Don't get me wrong, I like the additional dps, and I like that I can use it for add control. I just hate that it is a required part of the rotation. I don't like having to use the target reticule all the time. I think I'd be enjoying frost a lot more if they didn't bail on putting water jet in.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-12-05 at 10:44 PM.

Don't get me wrong, I like the additional dps, and I like that I can use it for add control. I just hate that it is a required part of the rotation. I don't like having to use the target reticule all the time. I think I'd be enjoying frost a lot more if they didn't bail on putting water jet in.
    its still in the works
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    It feels like a chore more then part of rotation (freeze)

But in the end, frost is SO BORING =[

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    I don't know what I have against Frost Bomb, but with that ONE extra thing taken out, it was just a lot easier.
    Basically, we all have a cognitive threshold above which there's just TOO MUCH going on. For you, you were at the edge of it, and this pushed it from over the top, back into the comfortable range. That's neither a personal strength nor failing, it's just a thing. Recognizing it is pretty damned important, and it's always better to be playing in the spot that you're comfortable than it is to be playing what others have told you is optimal.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:17 PM ----------

This might sound a bit pretentious, but I like things that bad players can't use well. I think Freeze fits that nicely.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I think frost is easy to keep track of with no addons.
    Agreed, but it's all about what you're used to. I've always played without much for tracking addons (I used to use Power Auras for procs, but default UI handles that nicely now), and did some fairly high end progression raiding that way. Once people are used to a certain appearance, it's VERY hard to go back though.

Using macros is a also good way to simplify (automate) the CD management. Like

/cast Presence of Mind
    /cast [mod] Frostire bost,Frostbolt
    /cast !Gel

/Use 14
    /Use [what ever potion you want]
    /cast Icy Veins
    /cast Alter Time

Winter is coming...

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Maybe mage isn't the class for you... cuz frost is easier then any other spec because you're not fishing procs...

fof/bf procs, use it. frost orb not on cd, use it. frostbolt filler.. how is that hard?

You know your pet freeze isn't on your mage gcd right?
    This is obviously subjective and you're entitled to your opinion, but if you think frost is easier than fire you either are naturally good at frost or you're just playing it wrong. For the average person maximising frost's dps is going to be much harder than doing the same for fire. Personally I find frost just as easy but Thats mostly because I have a good UI set up and a decent amount of practice at it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 04:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    This might sound a bit pretentious, but I like things that bad players can't use well. I think Freeze fits that nicely.
    Couldn't agree more, and it fit's in with blizzard's mantra "easy to learn hard to master". Frost requires some brainpower and predictive analysis, fire mostly consists of downloading combustionhelper and pressing one button when it tells you to.
    Last edited by dennisdkramer; 2012-12-07 at 09:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Akraen after we had that talk i tried Frost using TMW addon and its pretty comparable to the DPS i was doing as Fire (not the OP cleave w/combustion but good enough)

Its easy enough if you can see your CD's and use them appropriately and I wouldn't say Fire is a faceroll spec you just can't hit a few buttons and do godly DPS you have to pay attention and know when to pop your CD's.

I plan on staying Frost until they either change Fire or when the gear scales to a point where Fire is better and benefits my raid.