Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Okay, I watched the movie. I really enjoyed it while I was in theater, even though there were parts where I saw plot holes (how come Scotty got into that super secret shipyard without being detected?)
    Hah, so I wasn't the only one thinking "how does no one notice that another shuttle just appears out of nowhere and literally cuts the line?

Maybe if he had waited for them to passed and sneaked in as the last shuttle . . . but no, he ostentatiously cuts the traffic and still doesn't get spotted O.o
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my first Star Trek viewing ever of any movie or TV show. It wasn't bad, and I enjoyed it despite not being interested in the universe. It just felt REALLY short for some reason. Like the entire movie could be summed up in two sentences, there wasn't ton that happened.

No spoilers

Being a Vet Trekkie the new movie was meh at best to me. I know it takes place in a new universe but all they are doing is retelling the movie changing the main parts to be reversed and removed the role of women in it to be the sex appeal.

I really enjoyed this movie, but I get the feeling that's because I'm not a mega Star Trek nerd. Don't get me wrong, I've seen a lot of Star Trek, (most of TNG, Voyager and DS9, as well as a few movies here and there) but a lot of it was a long time ago and it's nothing that I've ever taken too seriously. I also think the fact that I'm a comic book fan helped me to enjoy this movie, because enjoying alternate universe content is pretty much a prerequisite for enjoying DC comics.

The only plot hole that made me twitch a bit was the whole needing Khan alive thing. I don't try to analyze most movie plots too hard, especially while I'm watching them, but even I was like, "just use the damn blood from one of the other 72 people!" Still a really fun movie imo. At least an 8/10.

Deleted
    Whilst i did really enjoy the movie and i get that it was Khan, but it was so similar to the Wrath of Khan is some aspects, just reversed that it made me feel like either they were attempting to pander to older fans of TOS Movies, or they just didn't really try.

I mean, Spock even did the fucking "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" scream.