Deleted

Cross Realm Zone (CRZ) research

Hello,

I wanted to start a topic on Cross Realm Zone research and for this I need to gather data.

After gathering the data I want to have the following primarily answered:

• Which realms are linked with each other?

As well as the following:

• Is the linking permanent or dynamically adjusted?
    • Does the linking differ per zone?
    • Are PvE realms linked to PvP realms?
    • Are RP realms linked to non-RP realms?
    • Are realms of different languages linked to each other?

I expect the outcome to be the linking is static per continent or zone, but on a grand scale dynamic.

How can you help?

Which realms are linked to each other can be found out by you noticing players from other realms which you know are not due to realID/battletag ie. recurring.

If you can provide me with information on this topic it is much appreciated. Each entry we call a spot. For a spot to be deemed valid it must contain a timestamp and location with the realm names as well as a home realm name denoted with (*) behind the realm name. The home realm is the realm the spotter believes he or she is currently residing on (either permanently or due to realID/battletag). An easy way to determine this is by flying from Stormwind to Elwynn or Orgrimmar to Durotar and seeing people from the same realm in both areas. Please sort the realm list alphabetically. Although results would be more accurate if we would include names of players this would be an invasion to their privacy so please do NOT include those.

Here are some example spots:

• Auchindoun-EU (*) Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU (2012-12-04 2:00 UTC @ Dalaran)
    • Agamaggan-EU (*), Al Akir-EU, Bloodscalp-EU, Burning Blade-EU, Burning Legion-EU, Dragonmaw-EU, Dunemaul-EU, Zenedar-EU (2012-12-04 2:35-2:55 UTC @ Dalaran)
    • Agamaggan-EU (*), Al Akir-EU, Bladefist-EU, Burning Legion-EU, Daggerspine-EU, Dunemaul-EU, Outland-EU (see footnote 1), Sunstrider-EU, Twilight's Hammer-EU (2012-12-04 3:05-3:20 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
    • Agamaggan-EU (*), Bladefist-EU, Burning Blade-EU, Dunemaul-EU (2012-12-04 3:45-3:50 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
    • Auchindoun-EU (*), Frostmane-EU, Grim Batol-EU, Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU, Tarren Mill-EU (2012-12-04 4:00-4:10 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
    • Auchindoun-EU (*), Frostmane-EU, Frostwhisper-EU, Grim Batol-EU, Jaedenar-EU, Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU, Tarren Mill-EU (2012-12-04 18.45-19:00 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
    • Auchindoun-EU (*), Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU (2012-12-04 19:25-19:30 UTC @ Dalaran)
    • Auchindoun-EU (*), Boulderfist-EU, Frostmane-EU, Grim Batol-EU, Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU, Shattered Halls-EU (2012-12-04 23:30-23:35 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
    • Auchindoun-EU (*), Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU (2012-12-04 23.40 @ Dalaran)
    • Darkmoon Faire-EU, Moonglade-EU (*), Steamwheedle Cartel (2012-12-04 23.40-23.45 @ Dalaran)

[1] Found 1 player only. After speaking to this player, player told me player was grouped with friend to play on this CRZ.

(This data is about EU, but non-EU data is very much welcome of course!)

I will update this topic periodically and hope to meet others who are also interested in this subject.

If someone already mentioned a spot do not hesitate to provide your own data even if it is (partially) duplicate. For example, the timestamps and zones can be vital variables for this research, and realID/BattleTag can skew the data.

Please keep the topic factual. CRZ discussion topics (it rawx, it sawx) are elsewhere.

See also: http://www.wowwiki.com/Battlegroup
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2012-12-04 at 10:58 PM.

I think this is a very high tech system that is dynamic and changes on the fly to fit the needs of the community.

With peer blocker assisting me, I've found that the majority of zones I checked, the "home" realm was the same in almost every zone in Eastern Kingdoms. With a friend helping me, who also had a higher level character on the "home" realm, he didn't experience any "zoning" issues when going from zone to zone. The instancy feel of CRZ, if you will. As far as players on this home realm are concerned, a lot of the technical issues with CRZ (like players getting kicked off a 2 person mount) don't exist.

The definition of a home realm would be, if you were in Stormwind, and walked into Elwynn forest, you're not ported into a different realm. If this occurs, you are the home realm, and all the other realms are being transferred to yours.

Then about a week later when I tried to continue my research the realm that I previously thought was the "home" one was no longer home. So, I think it's very dynamic and changes on a whim, which makes it almost impossible to track down who is paired with who. Because tomorrow, or even in 2 hours, it could change.

Some things that I've found to be a constant recently, in the past week or so, is that realm types are matched (PvE with PvE), and realms of the same time zone are matched.
    Last edited by ablib; 2012-12-04 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    • Which realms are linked with each other?

As well as the following:

• Is the linking permanent or dynamically adjusted?
    • Does the linking differ per zone?
    • Are PvE realms linked to PvP realms?
    • Are RP realms linked to non-RP realms?
    • Are realms of different languages linked to each other?
    They will not release that data.
    Dynamic.
    Yes. That is why you can see someone go over a zone border and disappear.
    No. There was a bug that occurred for a few days at the start but has since been corrected.
    No. There was a bug that occurred for a few days at the start but has since been corrected.
    Not supposed to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    They will not release that data.
    Doesn't answer the question. The entire point of this topic is to map this out, and possibly find irregularities.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    [...]

The definition of a home realm would be, if you were in Stormwind, and walked into Elwynn forest, you're not ported into a different realm. If this occurs, you are the home realm, and all the other realms are being transferred to yours.

[...]
    Hey, first of thank you for sharing your findings.

As for the part I quoted I have edited my post to indeed clarify the definition of home realm further (because since CRZ it is not the same as the realm one is logged in to anymore).

Still looking forward to more data/findings from others.