I wanted to start a topic on Cross Realm Zone research and for this I need to gather data.
After gathering the data I want to have the following primarily answered:
- Which realms are linked with each other?
As well as the following:
- Is the linking permanent or dynamically adjusted?
- Does the linking differ per zone?
- Are PvE realms linked to PvP realms?
- Are RP realms linked to non-RP realms?
- Are realms of different languages linked to each other?
I expect the outcome to be the linking is static per continent or zone, but on a grand scale dynamic.
How can you help?
Which realms are linked to each other can be found out by you noticing players from other realms which you know are not due to realID/battletag ie. recurring.
If you can provide me with information on this topic it is much appreciated. Each entry we call a spot. For a spot to be deemed valid it must contain a timestamp and location with the realm names as well as a home realm name denoted with (*) behind the realm name. The home realm is the realm the spotter believes he or she is currently residing on (either permanently or due to realID/battletag). An easy way to determine this is by flying from Stormwind to Elwynn or Orgrimmar to Durotar and seeing people from the same realm in both areas. Please sort the realm list alphabetically. Although results would be more accurate if we would include names of players this would be an invasion to their privacy so please do NOT include those.
Here are some example spots:
- Auchindoun-EU (*) Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU (2012-12-04 2:00 UTC @ Dalaran)
- Agamaggan-EU (*), Al Akir-EU, Bloodscalp-EU, Burning Blade-EU, Burning Legion-EU, Dragonmaw-EU, Dunemaul-EU, Zenedar-EU (2012-12-04 2:35-2:55 UTC @ Dalaran)
- Agamaggan-EU (*), Al Akir-EU, Bladefist-EU, Burning Legion-EU, Daggerspine-EU, Dunemaul-EU, Outland-EU (see footnote 1), Sunstrider-EU, Twilight's Hammer-EU (2012-12-04 3:05-3:20 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
- Agamaggan-EU (*), Bladefist-EU, Burning Blade-EU, Dunemaul-EU (2012-12-04 3:45-3:50 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
- Auchindoun-EU (*), Frostmane-EU, Grim Batol-EU, Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU, Tarren Mill-EU (2012-12-04 4:00-4:10 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
- Auchindoun-EU (*), Frostmane-EU, Frostwhisper-EU, Grim Batol-EU, Jaedenar-EU, Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU, Tarren Mill-EU (2012-12-04 18.45-19:00 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
- Auchindoun-EU (*), Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU (2012-12-04 19:25-19:30 UTC @ Dalaran)
- Auchindoun-EU (*), Boulderfist-EU, Frostmane-EU, Grim Batol-EU, Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU, Shattered Halls-EU (2012-12-04 23:30-23:35 UTC @ The Dark Portal)
- Auchindoun-EU (*), Outland-EU, Kazzak-EU (2012-12-04 23.40 @ Dalaran)
- Darkmoon Faire-EU, Moonglade-EU (*), Steamwheedle Cartel (2012-12-04 23.40-23.45 @ Dalaran)
 Found 1 player only. After speaking to this player, player told me player was grouped with friend to play on this CRZ.
(This data is about EU, but non-EU data is very much welcome of course!)
I will update this topic periodically and hope to meet others who are also interested in this subject.
If someone already mentioned a spot do not hesitate to provide your own data even if it is (partially) duplicate. For example, the timestamps and zones can be vital variables for this research, and realID/BattleTag can skew the data.
Please keep the topic factual. CRZ discussion topics (it rawx, it sawx) are elsewhere.
See also: http://www.wowwiki.com/Battlegroup