Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    LFR loot visible ide

    hi
    i whonder in LFR how you can see what item dropped.i know the LFR loot is hidden so people shouldn't flame others but i also know that LFR loot is probably based on ilvl or something on others who gets it first, but whoever gets loot doesnt matter to me, but sometimes i feel i want to know what item dropped, who gets it doesnt matter to me, but would be nice to see what really dropped on LFR. like a cloth dropped, then i would think it doesnt belong to me. it doesnt have to give out a name in chat who got it, but atleast it would notify what item dropped atleast would be nice to see in LFR and raids.

    examples:
    1: text says: this item dropped "item" for a lucky one
    2: icon window when u loot like in LFG but it doesnt have any need,dischentanting, X buttons only showing item what dropped

    if people ask who got it then the one who got it doesn't have to answer at all or if he will is up to him, but atleast all can see what dropped but no one knows who got it that would be fair for all people.

    i think the LFR loot system is ok it is fair for all but not seeing what dropped can sometimes feel to whonder did it drop anything at all??.

    i want people opinion about this ide if it would be good to see loot item but not see who gets it.
    Last edited by sunnis; 2012-12-04 at 01:38 PM.

  2. #2
    It's random. I'm sick of these threads now. It's random, Get over it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinnylove View Post
    It's random. I'm sick of these threads now. It's random, Get over it.
    seems u got to be sick of everything im talking about what item dropped dont care who gets it or what it is based on the only thing i wanna see what item dropped.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Xothic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Posts
    1,422
    Pointless really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin - Expired at the end of 5.1, returned start of 5.4, left again. Returned again, left again, returned again. You know how it is.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinnylove View Post
    It's random. I'm sick of these threads now. It's random, Get over it.
    That part wasn't the point of the thread though.
    I like to see what is dropped too, so I like the suggestion. Personally I'dd prefer to be able to see who got it, but apparently that's a problem for all the kids that didn't get loot.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  6. #6
    Pit Lord Sinndra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    2,332
    same topic.. different poster, NO. it doesnt matter what drops. NO, you dont need to see it. find something else to be nosey about and deal with it. it doesnt matter since it doesnt work like we are used to anymore. multiple items for the same class type could have dropped. stop wondering what others might have gotten and just worry about what you got.. either gold or some item.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-12-04 at 01:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

  7. #7
    If people saw what dropped and they didn't get it they would feel more bad that they didn't get it.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Pointless really.
    About as pointless as getting the gear. amirite? Some people see a little fun in seeing what other's got. I ask why you bothered to post.

  9. #9
    The design is loot drops are individual to the person. If your automatic roll is above a certain threshold, you win, and get loot appropriate to your class/spec. If your automatic roll is lower then the threshold, you lose and get a bag with gold in it.
    So it doesn't matter what other people rolled because you are not rolling against them, only yourself.
    Hope this helps.

  10. #10
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    The design is loot drops are individual to the person. If your automatic roll is above a certain threshold, you win, and get loot appropriate to your class/spec. If your automatic roll is lower then the threshold, you lose and get a bag with gold in it.
    So it doesn't matter what other people rolled because you are not rolling against them, only yourself.
    Hope this helps.
    This. Even if you could see what other people got, it would not mean that you had a shot at getting that exact piece. It's just going to make you even more bitter and pissed off to see RNjesus being kind to someone other than yourself.

    Edit- For further clarification, it is NOT like raids where a set number of pieces drop since it is entirely dependent on *your* 'roll' and nothing else.
    Last edited by parkerlynne; 2012-12-04 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  11. #11
    NOTHING DROPS per se. Either the system gives you a loot or it doesn't. Boss doesn't drop anything.

  12. #12
    You dont even get how the system works.

    There is no Loot that drops from the boss and that then gets rolled between the raid members.
    Every person on his own got a roll if he gets loot from the boss. When that roll was sucessful there is another roll, to determine what item from the lootlist according to your class, armor class and spec you get.

    It might happen that ALL 25 members of the LFR get loot of a certain boss, But it might as well happen that NONE of them get lott of a certain boss.

    So to your idea, it is unssolvable as there is nothing the boss drops you can see, only thing that could be made visible is to see what others got, and it seems a majority inclusive blizzard doesnt want that to happen.

    /thread

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaalyn View Post
    The design is loot drops are individual to the person. If your automatic roll is above a certain threshold, you win, and get loot appropriate to your class/spec. If your automatic roll is lower then the threshold, you lose and get a bag with gold in it.
    So it doesn't matter what other people rolled because you are not rolling against them, only yourself.
    Hope this helps.
    He's saying he want to see the loot the drops, because he likes to see it. Call it flavor, being curious, enjoying others luck, or what you want.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    You dont even get how the system works.

    There is no Loot that drops from the boss and that then gets rolled between the raid members.
    Every person on his own got a roll if he gets loot from the boss. When that roll was sucessful there is another roll, to determine what item from the lootlist according to your class, armor class and spec you get.

    It might happen that ALL 25 members of the LFR get loot of a certain boss, But it might as well happen that NONE of them get lott of a certain boss.

    So to your idea, it is unssolvable as there is nothing the boss drops you can see, only thing that could be made visible is to see what others got, and it seems a majority inclusive blizzard doesnt want that to happen.

    /thread
    Call it drop or not. Some people might get something, and he want to see it.

    Is it really that hard to read the OP? :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  14. #14
    @OP, Loot table is seperate for each individual player. as in it is possible for all 25 players to get an item though highly unlikely. You have your own loot table that the games rolls for. If you get a good roll you get a item off that boss that your class can use. If you get a crappy roll you get gold.

  15. #15
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    He's saying he want to see the loot the drops, because he likes to see it. Call it flavor, being curious, enjoying others luck, or what you want.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:12 PM ----------


    Call it drop or not. Some people might get something, and he want to see it.

    Is it really that hard to read the OP? :P
    Except it's not. He wants to see what drops so that he can get pissed off and come back on the forums and say "i can't believe person A got item B when they underperformed in role C". No one gives two shits about what other people get in raid finder unless they feel like they should've gotten it instead which is why I love the current system.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  16. #16
    hope this thread name is better then but atleast i wanna see the loot in LFr but i dont give a shit who gets loot tho but atleast i wanna see what kind of item dropped atleast in LFR right now u can whonder did boss ever drop at all and the damn bag only give money. what make me sick on forum is to see people be so damn negative to others then just tell people to change the topic if it is wrong made topic for the thread then just complain on others that trying to come up with ides.....


    points to
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinnylove View Post
    It's random. I'm sick of these threads now. It's random, Get over it.
    Last edited by sunnis; 2012-12-04 at 01:45 PM.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinnylove View Post
    It's random. I'm sick of these threads now. It's random, Get over it.
    Then i have quite simple counterpoint. Stop clicking on links to threads like this.
    Problem solved

    I also think it would be nice to see if some people got loot, kinda makes it feel worth my time when i do all 5 lfr's and get absolutely nothing.
    Maybe its just cuz im a person who likes to help others. idk

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    He's saying he want to see the loot the drops, because he likes to see it. Call it flavor, being curious, enjoying others luck, or what you want.
    If he is that curious he can ask in the raid if anyone got anything. It's really no ones business what someone got but the person who got the item.

  19. #19
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Carolina Country
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnis View Post
    hope this thread name is better then but atleast i wanna see the loot in LFr but i dont give a shit who gets loot tho but atleast i wanna see what kind of item dropped atleast in LFR right now u can whonder did boss ever drop at all and the damn bag only give money. what make me sick on forum is to see people be so damn negative to just tell people to change the topic if it is wrong made topic for the thread then complain on others that trying to come up with ides.....
    You still aren't getting it. We've all heard this exact argument, usually with better spelling and punctuation, at least 50 times before on the BNet forums and here. It's also pretty obvious that almost no one agrees with you. We all realize that loot is random, in fact the boss doesn't even have loot on him anymore. It's basically like opening the Cache of Treasures from GL dailies or the reward from doing a Random Scenario. The loot is just for you and it's random, no one else has any effect on it. If I get item A and you wanted item A, then you're gonna think "Well if she wasn't here, I'dve won that item!" but in reality, you would not have, even if you were the only other person that could've used it. The game gave me item A, it didn't drop.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If he is that curious he can ask in the raid if anyone got anything. It's really no ones business what someone got but the person who got the item.
    the issue if if someone get a item no one would ever say anything in LFR that is most issue if they got something because most people are quiet or complaining in LFR
    and if someone told they got an item they would get spammed in pm "give me that item / or i buy that item from you" in pm from others in LFR, so my point is if it showed what item dropped but not who gets it, would be fair for all. if the kids asking who got the item the person that got it can be quiet or tell he got it if he want but that is up to himself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •