Trying to save you our 34 wipes on Grand Empress

sad face is sad
    Last edited by jfragment; 2012-12-04 at 05:36 AM.
    Being generally horrible but helpful since Molten Core;
    When leading was more about managing bathroom breaks than boss mechanics.
    http://www.ihazlead.com - Raid leading guides, tutorials, and videos.

Needs more Monk.

Deleted
    Why dont do like us?

seems so much simplyer

as im horrible to to explain and spell i just leave the vid where you clearly can see it

Deleted
    Is it that bad to tank them together with an AoE stun here and there while chaining defensives? I mean, they seem to go down rather quick, and if not, they should start fixating before you run out of defensive cd's, no?

what is all this about? O.o

Why dont you play the encounter normaly?
    did i miss something lol?23

"I'd have to use GAK and then roll another cooldown..."

YEAH, THAT'S INTENDED!

By the time they fixate, your group should have one on each side dead. There's no need to kill them simultaneously >_>

The only thing I really learned from this video is Protadins should use Cons in the Dissonance.

Also "going for it; just heal" won't work with 99% of groups due to all 6 of them hitting you so hard, so fast, and possibly one-shotting you all simultaneously. Definitely not a good "trick" to tell people if you intend for one tank to have all 6 small adds.

PS: Total pulls for my guild: 22
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2012-12-04 at 04:58 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

TIL decimate is op's favorite word

actualy i tought this was a joke ,but it seems its not ... but what is this bad method to do the boss? and then do a video for it?

just tank
    1 big add + 3 small adds ....
    killed like that the first ID after a few pulls.

or maybe i just missed the point of your video but it looks realy bad like this hope you dont have tactics like that for all the other bosses lol

Deleted
    We found it alot simpler in P2 to simple have the paladin tank ( me ) pick up all 6 adds, instantly pop pain sup + GoAK + AW, burn down 3 adds single target 1 at the time. The same second the GoAK and pain sup ends, pop DP and AD and reapply SS ( insane ticks with that vengeance. ). Asap the DP and AD ended I popped stoneform, dwarf power yo.

After 3 adds where dead, we had all dps ignore the adds and let me finnish the last 3 adds of my self so I could keep my damage reduction and self healing up, therefor not straining the healers more than needed. I could basically heal myself with 3 adds up, no need to heals at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jfragment View Post
    sad face is sad

dont be sad :P

its a fun way to do the boss

our guilds likes to zerg bosses to once we are bored clearing hc

We managed to do DS full hc with 1 tank just for the fun of it ^^

Dont be sad to try out crazzy stuff

Its just that for beginers and firstkills this method is insanly bad , cause you make the boss way harder then it is , BUT at least you can say you tried it your way and it worked ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    dont be sad :P

its a fun way to do the boss

our guilds likes to zerg bosses to once we are bored clearing hc

We managed to do DS full hc with 1 tank just for the fun of it ^^

Dont be sad to try out crazzy stuff

Its just that for beginers and firstkills this method is insanly bad , cause you make the boss way harder then it is , BUT at least you can say you tried it your way and it worked ^^

I would not say it is a bad way to do the boss, if your players actually know what they are doing, it is a far superior way. It is very easy to just stack defensive cds on one tank and blow the adds up. Makes the entire p2 smoother.

@op no need to remove your post lol. Keep it Happy face!

It's not a bad strat at all and I have seen the video, I've seen other videos from them as well.

There's a thread on these forums called: Grand Empress Shek'zeer - Phase Two Destroying Tanks - Help Please!

Many people in that thread say to do it as they do in the original OP video... one tank picks up the Reavers and one tank picks up the Windblades. Whether you then kite or try tanking all that insane damage... that's up to you as another branch of a strat.

The Reavers damage being buffed by 3 other Windblades is said to be more damage overall then doing it the 2 and 6 way. Of course... the 6 Windblades kick the hell out of that tank even with CDs up so, yes, the burst damage of that strat is crazier, but that is why you use a kiting path, slows, knockbacks and well timed stuns. Organization in a raid? Sounds crazy!

Don't take your video down because people disagree with your strat and maybe they're not so nice about it. This should be nothing surprising or new to you on a WoW forum. This is what happens when you put yourself out there, just shrug it off and do your thing.

Wait till Heroic.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

1 tank (prot pally) takes reavers 1 tank(blood dk) takes all small adds and kites. 1 tank (fury war) takes 1 small add, which is kill target rinse repeat. We only have 1 add phase. 2 tank 2 heal fight except for p2 where I go def stance and tank a add at a time.