Great DPS until Phase two of Princess Shek'zeer

HI, wondering what everyone else is doing on the last boss of HoF.
    As an ele shaman, I can usually lead the DPS until the 2nd phase..
    Whent he adds come out, I'll rather quickly head down to bottom
    of the pack. I'm still single targeting though.. Is that the issue or
    should I be CL'ing them for our Aoe ? I've been hesitating
    with the AoE as I'm just not too sure of my role on that
    right on phase 2.
    thanks

q

Honestly, it just sounds like you're continuing to single target while the rest of your group spams AE. Glyphed CLing is amazing on the adds (in fact, my DPS usually goes up in the add phase), as long as your guild is okay with you burning em down quickly. Your Ascendance CD will also likely come up on the adds and you can zerg them down even faster with Lava Beam as well.

The aim of phase 2 is to kill the Windblades and Reavers. In short, spam Chain Lightning on the Reavers (about 8 of them I think) and get them down asap. Make sure that someone in your raid is rotating the Poison Drenched Blade buff on your raid, as this will increase your overall damage significantly.

If a Windblade fixates on you, kite it until it changes fixate targets. Periodically there will be some amber residue that spawns on the ground, which the raid will stack up to create amber prisons, to trap the Reavers in, this will usually be handled by classes with good mobility / healers. I don't think you should use Ascendance during the add phase, you have an extremely long amount of time to kill the adds before Empress comes out again, so using DPS cooldowns is largely unnecessary. It's better to save Ascendance for when Empress comes out, to push her into the next phase faster.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

the aim of phase 2 is to build up the traps to get the 2 big guys trapped and let the traps kill them.

as an ele shaman.. i dont even dps at all during phase 2, because the smaller adds have little health and we need them to stay alive for 2 traps to be built.

its just 1 fight, you shouldnt have to worry about your dps in a phase, where your dps doesnt matter.

Cl spam the shit out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by orderschvank View Post
    2 big guys trapped and let the traps kill them.
    On normal mode we find it easier only to trap one, leaving the second up and keeping the damage increase buff on the melee and tanks (and some ranged good enough to duck in and out of it)

It mildly increases healing requirements in exchange for ensuring you only ever have one add phase.

I personally hit Flame Shock on both Reavers and spam Chain Lightning. It's the perfect situation for AE. 4 to 5 targets is what you want out of Chain Lightning. If one fixates and walks out of the pack, hit it in the biggest pack.

tbh if your guild has a problem with chain lightning spamming unless its cus ur overagroing the adds or sumthing, i always find it is a dps increase for single targets too, since chain lightning doesnt hit much less than lightning bolt, has a shorter cdown and gives you a heck amount more rolling thunder procs which fulimation is a huge amount of damage and also more overload procs since your hitting so many targets. So even if you continue your single target rotation but use chain lightning instead of lightning bolt, you can get your target down just as or quicker as well as killing off all the other mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Amex View Post
    On normal mode we find it easier only to trap one, leaving the second up and keeping the damage increase buff on the melee and tanks (and some ranged good enough to duck in and out of it)

It mildly increases healing requirements in exchange for ensuring you only ever have one add phase.
    regardless of the strat, dps in phase 2 is irreverent, whether your in 490 or 500 IL, the small adds are going to die before the big one does

Hi, I was told by a guildie the reason that we need to SiNGLE TARGET (this is why my dmg / dps goes way down) the adds
    is because we need to kill them slowly so that we can made sure that we have the goo on the floor for the Amber traps
    for the bigger adds.

true ? so single targeting them is better than AoE the adds ?

q

Quote Originally Posted by quallanz View Post
    Hi, I was told by a guildie the reason that we need to SiNGLE TARGET (this is why my dmg / dps goes way down) the adds
    is because we need to kill them slowly so that we can made sure that we have the goo on the floor for the Amber traps
    for the bigger adds.

true ? so single targeting them is better than AoE the adds ?

q
    AoE them down until they are low, finish off 2-3 to reduce tank dmg and there will be enough time that the remaining ones will build the trap.