Ninja buff to LR??

i was doing some test and some sims and AMOC is now under 300 DPS more then LR for me now

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i was doing some test and some sims and AMOC is now under 300 DPS more then LR for me now
    Would you be able to link these sims? AMoC is still simming higher than LR for me.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sims wouldn't have the info any faster than somebody reporting that the damage has been changed, and I havn't seen anybody reporting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Would you be able to link these sims? AMoC is still simming higher than LR for me.
    when i load my stuff into FD i get under 300 DPS gain unbuffed and barely more then 300 raid buffed. It sims higher but a 300 DPS difference seems hardly worth it for the focus cost, RNG will change you DPS more then 300.

when i load my stuff into FD i get under 300 DPS gain unbuffed and barely more then 300 raid buffed. It sims higher but a 300 DPS difference seems hardly worth it for the focus cost, RNG will change you DPS more then 300.
    We have to see your settings to understand why you're getting the result you are.

I am betting you didn't change the fight length, which heavily favors LR.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    We have to see your settings to understand why you're getting the result you are.

I am betting you didn't change the fight length, which heavily favors LR.
    so you suggest setting it to favor AMoC???

i changed it to 7 minutes and it changed to only 258.66 DPS gain over lynx rush.. so setting it longer only made AMoC look worse.

the longer i make the fight the closer lynx rush gets to AMoC.

what do you set it at?
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-12-04 at 07:02 AM.

so you suggest setting it to favor AMoC???
    I am saying set it to simulate an actual fight length. The fact that longer fights favor MoC is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktem View Post
    I am saying set it to simulate an actual fight length. The fact that longer fights favor MoC is irrelevant.
    i have done it from 5 minutes to 12 minutes... AMoC loses its DPS advantage the longer the fight goes according to FD... even if it didn't a sub 300 DPS upgrade seems hardly worth it for the focus cost.

in my gear in a 10 minute FD says is do about 95k DPS, changing from LR to AMoC varies the dps by less then 500, that less then a 1% difference in DPS... hardly seems worth it when LR has no cost.

i just remember after the patch the difference being greater then that.... maybe my gear changed and i got enough mastery as BM to make LR ~= to AMoC... Changing to orc prolly had something to do with it as well... 2% more pet damage is like adding 1200 mastery to BM
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-12-04 at 07:12 AM.

Not sure about sims, but in the H Spirit Kings fight this week (close to 10 min fight), I did 3.4 million with Amoc and the other BM hunter did 2.1 million with LR...and he knows how to play (but apparently not how to talent...jk jk)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor of Muradin View Post
    Not sure about sims, but in the H Spirit Kings fight this week (close to 10 min fight), I did 3.4 million with Amoc and the other BM hunter did 2.1 million with LR...and he knows how to play (but apparently not how to talent...jk jk)
    HC Spirit Kings is a horrible fight for LR, as two bosses will be having 4-5 stacks each or so, dealing pathetic damage.
    Havn't simmed yet, but AMoC/Blink should be much better on that specific fight.

You know theres no difference in 2 mobs with 4/5 stacks ans 1 mob with 9 stacks?
    (Apart from 4% physical dmg debuff and sunder that might be missing)

In fact, having more than one target (not to many though) is exactly the situation where Lynx is good in,
    Because od readyness. You can use Lynx, readyness, and as the dots are short of fallying of, cast second Lynx, which keeps the stacks on the mobs and resetting the duration.
    (If timed ideall, you can do damage worth nearly 3 lynx rushes instead od 2 whith readyness)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    You know theres no difference in 2 mobs with 4/5 stacks ans 1 mob with 9 stacks?

In fact, having more than one target (not to many though) is exactly the situation where Lynx is good in,
    Because od readyness. You can use Lynx, readyness, and as the dots are short of fallying of, cast second Lynx, which keeps the stacks on the mobs and resetting the duration.
    (If timed ideall, you can do damage worth nearly 3 lynx rushes instead od 2 whith readyness)
    LR is a bleed and thus ignores armor. So the damage should be the same with the "increased bleed damage" debuff removal in the MoP pre patch.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-05 at 10:00 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    LR is a bleed and thus ignores armor. So the damage should be the same with the "increased bleed damage" debuff removal in the MoP pre patch.
    what he is saying is you have 2 mobs, you do the first LR that puts 5 stacks on one 4 on the other... 9 total.. you wait until both have about 3 seconds left pop readiness and do LR again bringing both up to 9 each... you get the damage of 3 lynx rushes while casting it twice.

so in reality instead of getting 2 durations of 9 stacks, you get 3 of them. it makes LR if used right on 2 targets superior to both AmOC and blink strike

what he is saying is you have 2 mobs, you do the first LR that puts 5 stacks on one 4 on the other... 9 total.. you wait until both have about 3 seconds left pop readiness and do LR again bringing both up to 9 each... you get the damage of 3 lynx rushes while casting it twice.

so in reality instead of getting 2 durations of 9 stacks, you get 3 of them. it makes LR if used right on 2 targets superior to both AmOC and blink strike
    I know what he is saying, you need to be told what I was saying.

I was replying to that and clarifying that the damage would be the same without buffs/debuff present.

@tehstool well thats just nit-picking. I just mentioned the debuffs because off completeness, its not that that changed its usage or anything.
    But of course you a right, its a bleed these days, thus doesnt gain from armorreduce or physical increase, and theres ne bleed debuff anymore (miss very much as MM!)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can look at my guilds logs from last night and clearly tell LR is FAR FAR FAR behind aMoC.

I was using amoc, other hunter was using LR. Hes 499, I'm 498.

Deleted
    AMOC > Blink Strike > LR - Blink strike is pretty good on elegon heroic though, big crits lol

Deleted
    I have no idea about what dps i got but every time when i look in scada mine crows have done 50% more damage than 393 hunter LR for overall fight. I am 387 atm we both playing survival
    For BM i also preff Blink on some encounters like Kolaron where i can instant send pet to pew pew some leg on the other side of the room
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2012-12-07 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    @tehstool well thats just nit-picking. I just mentioned the debuffs because off completeness, its not that that changed its usage or anything.
    But of course you a right, its a bleed these days, thus doesnt gain from armorreduce or physical increase, and theres ne bleed debuff anymore (miss very much as MM!)
    How would that be nitpicking? I was reinforcing your comment by saying the damage would be the same regardless of buffs/debuffs.