Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,186

    If the Blood Elves go Neutral, what race should the horde get?

    In the events of the Domination offensive storyline, Lor'themar Theron tells the player that he was considering old alliances, and Varian tells Jaina after the Purge of Dalaran that he was in talks with the blood elves to join the alliance. It is likely that after the events transpired, the conversations have stopped altogether, but maybe it has been merely a setback.

    So, If Lor'themar goes through with his plans, it's assumable that not all blood elves would follow with his politics, so there would be a schism within the race. For gameplay purposes, this could mean that the blood elves become a neutral race, such as the pandaren. This would leave the horde with one less unique race, unbalanced.

    So, in this scenario, which race should be added to the alliance, and why? My choice would be Ogres: established lore, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle explaining their involvement with the horde. Problem getting through doors? add a crouching animation when colliding with door frames!

    Edit: Remember folks, in this speculative scenario, the blood elves go neutral, so they would be available to BOTH factions just like pandaren are (would you expect ALL blood elves to defect to the alliance?) As such, the horde would need another unique race for balance. On another note, this speculation assumes that current blood elf players would not be affected by this, only new ones would. If a horde belf wants to defect, he just would have to race change like anyone would.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-12-04 at 10:46 PM.

  2. #2
    The only logical race left for horde who should have been added before Blood Elves are Ogres with the racial leader the Half-orc Half-ogre guy, whom I cannot remember the name of. With Theramore being destroyed all Blizzard needs to do is convert the whole zone to horde and have it the Ogre starting area.

  3. #3
    There are still a few remaining high elves, so if elves become a playable option I'd prefer they'd go that route(blue eyes and all). As far as what the Horde should get, the answer is Ogres, hands down.

  4. #4
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    Ogres definitely. Gotta get Rexxar some more attention.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    In the events of the Domination offensive storyline, Lor'themar Theron tells the player that he was considering old alliances, and Varian tells Jaina after the Purge of Dalaran that he was in talks with the blood elves to join the alliance. It is likely that after the events transpired, the conversations have stopped altogether, but maybe it has been merely a setback.

    So, If Lor'themar goes through with his plans, it's assumable that not all blood elves would follow with his politics, so there would be a schism within the race. For gameplay purposes, this could mean that the blood elves become a neutral race, such as the pandaren. This would leave the horde with one less unique race, unbalances.

    So, in this scenario, which race should be added to the alliance, and why? My choice would be Ogres: established lore, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle explaining their involvement with the horde. Problem getting through doors? add a crouching animation when colliding with door frames!
    My bet would be that the Draenei will become a neutral race. Although they may have a long standing distrust of the Orc's, it only stands to reason that if they want to form an army of the light to retake Argus and defeat the Legion they will need the Horde’s help. Just as the Orc's (and the Horde in general, I’m looking at you Undead and Blood Elves) seem to be in need of guidance in their quest to rid themselves of demonic influences which is the very principle the new Horde was founded upon. The Draenei as a race underwent a similar division as the Orcs when the majority of their people made their deal with Sergeras. Thus the Eredar and Draenei were torn apart just as the Orcs of Garadar remain uncorrupt but were left to fend alone, only making up a fraction of the remaining Orcish peoples.

    Personally I see both Burning Crusade races as the perfect new candidates for neutral races. The Blood Elves/High Elves are a divided people as can be seen in the very streets of Silvermoon and Dalaran (pre-MoP events). Some Blood Elves and the High Elves still hold strong ties to the Alliance, while others like Rommath still loathe and distrust the Humans. These two groups need to work together to protect the Sunwell and Quel’Thalas from further catastrophe, not to mention their growing ties and debt to the Draenei, as well as Velen’s vision for them as champions of the light in the final days of the Legion.

    The Draenei wish to form an army of the light, and they do not fully trust the Orcs. Then it only makes sense that some of them should join the Horde to help reform it from within. If they could help the misguided Blood Elves find their faith in the light again, perhaps too they can aid the Orcs in their journey to be free of the Legion’s corruption forever.

    It’s because these two races never had a strong reason to belong to either faction that they both make sense as neutral races. Like the Panderan, they serve as a bridge between the more extreme branches of the Horde and Alliance who as Velen prophesized will need to work together to defeat the coming darkness. Who better to lead the charge against the Legion than those who had tread so close to joining it?

  6. #6
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    In the events of the Domination offensive storyline, Lor'themar Theron tells the player that he was considering old alliances, and Varian tells Jaina after the Purge of Dalaran that he was in talks with the blood elves to join the alliance. It is likely that after the events transpired, the conversations have stopped altogether, but maybe it has been merely a setback.

    So, If Lor'themar goes through with his plans, it's assumable that not all blood elves would follow with his politics, so there would be a schism within the race. For gameplay purposes, this could mean that the blood elves become a neutral race, such as the pandaren. This would leave the horde with one less unique race, unbalances.

    So, in this scenario, which race should be added to the alliance, and why? My choice would be Ogres: established lore, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle explaining their involvement with the horde. Problem getting through doors? add a crouching animation when colliding with door frames!
    But the Blood Elves areNOT going neutral, thus, there wont BE another race joining the Horde.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    In the events of the Domination offensive storyline, Lor'themar Theron tells the player that he was considering old alliances, and Varian tells Jaina after the Purge of Dalaran that he was in talks with the blood elves to join the alliance. It is likely that after the events transpired, the conversations have stopped altogether, but maybe it has been merely a setback.

    So, If Lor'themar goes through with his plans, it's assumable that not all blood elves would follow with his politics, so there would be a schism within the race. For gameplay purposes, this could mean that the blood elves become a neutral race, such as the pandaren. This would leave the horde with one less unique race, unbalances.

    So, in this scenario, which race should be added to the alliance, and why? My choice would be Ogres: established lore, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle explaining their involvement with the horde. Problem getting through doors? add a crouching animation when colliding with door frames!
    My bet would be that the Draenei will become a neutral race. Although they may have a long standing distrust of the Orc's, it only stands to reason that if they want to form an army of the light to retake Argus and defeat the Legion they will need the Horde’s help. Just as the Orc's (and the Horde in general, I’m looking at you Undead and Blood Elves) seem to be in need of guidance in their quest to rid themselves of demonic influences which is the very principle the new Horde was founded upon. The Draenei as a race underwent a similar division as the Orcs when the majority of their people made their deal with Sergeras. Thus the Eredar and Draenei were torn apart just as the Orcs of Garadar remain uncorrupt but were left to fend alone, only making up a fraction of the remaining Orcish peoples.

    Personally I see both Burning Crusade races as the perfect new candidates for neutral races. The Blood Elves/High Elves are a divided people as can be seen in the very streets of Silvermoon and Dalaran (pre-MoP events). Some Blood Elves and the High Elves still hold strong ties to the Alliance, while others like Rommath still loathe and distrust the Humans. These two groups need to work together to protect the Sunwell and Quel’Thalas from further catastrophe, not to mention their growing ties and debt to the Draenei, as well as Velen’s vision for them as champions of the light in the final days of the Legion.

    The Draenei wish to form an army of the light, and they do not fully trust the Orcs. Then it only makes sense that some of them should join the Horde to help reform it from within. If they could help the misguided Blood Elves find their faith in the light again, perhaps too they can aid the Orcs in their journey to be free of the Legion’s corruption forever.

    It’s because these two races never had a strong reason to belong to either faction that they both make sense as neutral races. Like the Panderan, they serve as a bridge between the more extreme branches of the Horde and Alliance who as Velen prophesized will need to work together to defeat the coming darkness. Who better to lead the charge against the Legion than those who had tread so close to joining it?

  8. #8
    Ever since I heard of the pandas being a neutral race choice I have been hoping for Blood Elves to have the option to choose their faction as well. With the state the horde is in, it doesn't seem unlikely lore wise.

    As for a new race to balance things out I'd doubt it. If anything one of the alliance races could chose their faction as well but this is harder to justify in lore. Clearly Humans and Night elfs could never have such a choice based on all the past and current aggression. The only race I could possibly see going neutral is the Gnomes (perhaps for a scientific pursuit?) Again though, seems unlikely

  9. #9
    Brewmaster orangelemonrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,268
    I really really doubt this would be the case, if anything the Blood Elves will be the driving force for letting the Alliance into Orgrimmar to defeat Garrosh.

    If though, it somehow did happen there isn't really a race on the alliance that could go neutral, my first instinct would be night elves but that wouldn't make even the slightest bit of sense.

    Oops didnt read OP's post properly. Ethereal for Alliance
    Last edited by orangelemonrain; 2012-12-04 at 07:02 AM.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Syroa View Post
    As for a new race to balance things out I'd doubt it. If anything one of the alliance races could chose their faction as well but this is harder to justify in lore.
    The problem with the way things going is the Alliance races have 0 drive to ever side with the likes of Orcs and Forsaken which have been responsible for more death, destruction and misery towards *all* Alliance races than any thing else short of the Cataclysm itself. It just doesn't make sense. Blood Elves tired of Horde crap, tired of the Orcs tired of the Forsaken and tired of being at odds with their family, friends and relatives in the Alliance have a reason to tell the Horde to get stuffed and leave. What exactly would a Night Elf do? Go over to Orgrimmar and say "you're right Orcs, rape and pillage my ancestral home and take me as your willing slave to treat me like dirt and kill me if you so desire", which has pretty much been the Orcs desired treatment of them since Cataclysm.

    The Horde is fracturing under the pressure of a megalomaniac racist at the helm, the Alliance isn't.

  11. #11
    This is a very complex subject, with the short answer being that IF elves did join the alliance it would be due to a BE civil war brought on by Theron's incompetence.
    Outside of lore actually this would be VERY tempting for blizzard seeing as how all the changes needed for new models would be some blue paint for their eyes/background, coupled with some phasing in silvermoon and the park district becoming the new high elf sanctuary.

  12. #12
    Warchief TheDangerZone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burt Reynolds' stache
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The problem with the way things going is the Alliance races have 0 drive to ever side with the likes of Orcs and Forsaken which have been responsible for more death, destruction and misery towards *all* Alliance races than any thing else short of the Cataclysm itself. It just doesn't make sense. Blood Elves tired of Horde crap, tired of the Orcs tired of the Forsaken and tired of being at odds with their family, friends and relatives in the Alliance have a reason to tell the Horde to get stuffed and leave. What exactly would a Night Elf do? Go over to Orgrimmar and say "you're right Orcs, rape and pillage my ancestral home and take me as your willing slave to treat me like dirt and kill me if you so desire", which has pretty much been the Orcs desired treatment of them since Cataclysm.

    The Horde is fracturing under the pressure of a megalomaniac racist at the helm, the Alliance isn't.
    If any Alliance race would go rogue to me, it's worgen. If some faction gets desperate enough, they could do a "deal with the devil" with the forsaken. The alliance has yet too succeed in Gilneas, so it is plausible for a worgen faction to become so disgruntled to ally themselves with the forsaken to remain home. Pretty much all of the risen forsaken after Arthas have chosen that, true death being the alternative.

  13. #13
    Herald of the Titans Naxere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    45.0061° N, 93.1567° W
    Posts
    2,899
    I'm going with Saurok.

  14. #14
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,534
    The blood elves are not, leaving, the horde.

    You need to understand op, this current event with what lor'themar says is something used to stir up gossip like this thread you made, a red herring, but there isn't anything genuine about it.

    They cannot make a race already affiliated with a faction leave in world of warcraft, because it would break up guild members, force friends to go over to another side, and screw up so many peoples accounts.

    They will never risk the numbers of people quitting wow over such a stupid mistake.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  15. #15
    If the blood elves were to leave the horde I wonder what would the forsaken do, I believe they are more likely to move with the elves than to stay with the orcs.
    (this is totally a "what if?" argument btw, we all know that the factions will stay what they are for gameplay reasons until the end of WoW)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    There are still a few remaining high elves, so if elves become a playable option I'd prefer they'd go that route(blue eyes and all).
    Agree, high elves make a lot more sense for alliance as they are in already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Chonar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The blood elves are not, leaving, the horde.
    You need to understand op, this current event with what lor'themar says is something used to stir up gossip like this thread you made, a red herring, but there isn't anything genuine about it.
    They cannot make a race already affiliated with a faction leave in world of warcraft, because it would break up guild members, force friends to go over to another side, and screw up so many peoples accounts.
    They will never risk the numbers of people quitting wow over such a stupid mistake.
    It's unfortunate that our sense of story immersion is held in check by the boundaries of what we know, instead of the mysteries of what we don't.

    "Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my comrade." - Albert Camus

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Syroa View Post
    Ever since I heard of the pandas being a neutral race choice I have been hoping for Blood Elves to have the option to choose their faction as well. With the state the horde is in, it doesn't seem unlikely lore wise.

    As for a new race to balance things out I'd doubt it. If anything one of the alliance races could chose their faction as well but this is harder to justify in lore. Clearly Humans and Night elfs could never have such a choice based on all the past and current aggression. The only race I could possibly see going neutral is the Gnomes (perhaps for a scientific pursuit?) Again though, seems unlikely
    lololol sad try to give the horde that shitty gnomes. belfs will stay horde but it's obvious that they are looking for others solution atm, once garrosh will be dethroned the problem will solve by itself.
    the honor to play with the shittiest ugliest useless race is alliance only <3

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    They cannot make a race already affiliated with a faction leave in world of warcraft, because it would break up guild members, force friends to go over to another side, and screw up so many peoples accounts.

    They will never risk the numbers of people quitting wow over such a stupid mistake.
    The OP's point is they go neutral and have the option to choose which side they want to join, ala Pandarean.
    lol casual - Ret/Holy since 05

    Crusader Rülka

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    The only logical race left for horde who should have been added before Blood Elves are Ogres with the racial leader the Half-orc Half-ogre guy, whom I cannot remember the name of. With Theramore being destroyed all Blizzard needs to do is convert the whole zone to horde and have it the Ogre starting area.
    Ogres would make sense for a new race.

    They would not be a suitable repalcement for the BElfs going neutral and the BElfs going Alliance would not happen - although, I suppose it would be possible for existing players to keep their current allegiance.

    ***IF*** the BElfs went neutral, to the point they were made available as a race option for both sides, then we would need an Alliance race to be made available to the Horde. The only plausible candidates would be the Night Elfs as the Highborne may seek out the Horde based BElfs for their own reasons. None of the other races have any major reason to turn Horde in any great numbers.

    If Horde were to get Ogres, then the Alliance would need a new a race as well.

    EJL

  20. #20
    Blizzard would never make BE's neutral, though I wish they would. Something interesting happening to Warcraft is sorely needed. Have the Belves and Forsaken split off from the Horde in the chaos after Garrosh's death/dewarchiefing in patch 5.3, and create their own Lordaeron faction. Have them start invading south again, and spark a huge war. Anything to make life interesting. The idea that the Horde and Alliance must be equal in all things and be bestest friends needs to die.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •