Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #21
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,333
    No, why would the Horde get a new unique race when the alliance would get a copy of a Horde race?

    Leper gnomes.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    If Horde were to get Ogres, then the Alliance would need a new a race as well.
    Why? If the Alliance had access to Blood Elves, they would have access to 8 races while the Horde only had access to 7. This means that either Alliance would need to lose one of its unique races or Horde would need to gain another unique one. If the latter happened it would be completely even, and Alliance would have no need for a new race.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    The blood elves are not, leaving, the horde.

    You need to understand op, this current event with what lor'themar says is something used to stir up gossip like this thread you made, a red herring, but there isn't anything genuine about it.

    They cannot make a race already affiliated with a faction leave in world of warcraft, because it would break up guild members, force friends to go over to another side, and screw up so many peoples accounts.

    They will never risk the numbers of people quitting wow over such a stupid mistake.
    Very true.

    Having a race switch sides would be far too disruptive. Who gets to own silvermoon? What about the blood elf quest hubs out in the world that are part of the Horde levelling path? What about guilds and friendships?

    They could make the race go pandaren style neutral with all settlements and cities going neutral with a choice of factions for players. That throws in a curve ball of alliance having more levelling quests open up to them with the new neutral hubs than Horde do, so a revamp of the world is needed to add quest hubs to ensure both factions have a balanced levelling path.

    They could also go the whole hog and make the entire factions switch sides offering a free race/faction change to everyone that had a Belf toon, but once again the world would need editing to fix the gap in the Horde levelling path to compensate for the removal of belf quests to horde. Also Horde would need a new race complete with city to compensate for the loss of a race and city.
    Last edited by Briga; 2012-12-04 at 10:58 AM.

  4. #24
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceazyface View Post
    Why? If the Alliance had access to Blood Elves, they would have access to 8 races while the Horde only had access to 7. This means that either Alliance would need to lose one of its unique races or Horde would need to gain another unique one. If the latter happened it would be completely even, and Alliance would have no need for a new race.
    Why would they need to gain a completly new race when the Alliance wins a refurbished one? No. Horde get a refurbished one as well. Leper gnomes. There's already some on Horde side, like the Tirisfal ones and the ones in Silvermoon.

  5. #25
    well i could sort of see worgen being made neutral and available to horde also ala pandaren. greymane could get pissed at varian not helping them sooner.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Why would they need to gain a completly new race when the Alliance wins a refurbished one? No. Horde get a refurbished one as well. Leper gnomes. There's already some on Horde side, like the Tirisfal ones and the ones in Silvermoon.
    I'm not arguing that Horde should get a new race, I'm saying that IF Blood Elves were made a neutral race and Blizzard decided to give the Horde a new race, the Alliance wouldn't need or get a new one.

    Personally, I don't think Blizzard is going to make any of the existing races become neutral (especially not two of them), and to be honest I'd be surprised if they released another neutral race anytime soon.

  7. #27
    Scarab Lord Arkenaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Posts
    4,410
    Blood Elves will join the Alliance when Garrosh and Varian start dating.

  8. #28
    Third faction yaay

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Third faction yaay
    yeah I wish, something link belves, forsaken and worgen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Blood Elves will join the Alliance when Garrosh and Varian start dating.
    Happened to stumble upon some VERY disturbing comics wich URL got erased from my memory along with my browser history. Instantly, may i say.

    However, aside from that uncomfortable memory, neutral blood elves would be welcomed - an achieveable deed i think - maybe with follow up races. Hell, even orcs. Yes, alliance orcs i would like very much.
    If i remember correctly, the original alpha conception did not restricted faction choosing, not until the forsaken.
    and i tought that Karel Gott is all the czech got:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_1fUkxfZ0&feature=related

  11. #31
    Herald of the Titans Arganis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Ruhenheim
    Posts
    2,800
    Neutral blood elves would make my day. Too bad it's only a pipe dream.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    yeah I wish, something link belves, forsaken and worgen...
    I thought Gilneas's invasion by the Forsaken was the reason the Worgen joined the alliance in the first place? I'm not sure I can see that happening. But a third faction wouldn't have to have contiguous territory. Why not go full-bore and have massive faction splits due to Garrosh going nuts, and Jaina seeking revenge for Theramore?

    Old Horde

    Orcs
    Trolls
    Tauren
    Ogres

    The Lost

    Blood Elves
    Forsaken
    Naga

    The Alliance

    Humans
    Dwarves
    Gnomes
    High Elves

    The Exiles

    Draenei
    Night Elves
    Worgen

    Trade Federation

    Goblins
    Ethereals

    All Faction

    Pandaren

    Or something equally nuts. Anything that makes life interesting again.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by gcmandrake View Post
    I thought Gilneas's invasion by the Forsaken was the reason the Worgen joined the alliance in the first place? I'm not sure I can see that happening. But a third faction wouldn't have to have contiguous territory. Why not go full-bore and have massive faction splits due to Garrosh going nuts, and Jaina seeking revenge for Theramore?

    Old Horde

    Orcs
    Trolls
    Tauren
    Ogres

    The Lost

    Blood Elves
    Forsaken
    Naga

    The Alliance

    Humans
    Dwarves
    Gnomes
    High Elves

    The Exiles

    Draenei
    Night Elves
    Worgen

    Trade Federation

    Goblins
    Ethereals

    All Faction

    Pandaren

    Or something equally nuts. Anything that makes life interesting again.
    Me likes, I just have some doubt about nagas, we don't really know their exact involvement with old gods and shit.

    In my previous post I included the worgen just because it was suggested before as allying with the forsaken may be better than being invaded seeing as the alliance is doing very little for them.
    As for the horde I believe it is undeniable that forsaken and blood elves have stronger ties between them than with the other horde races (and actually the latter joined the horde because of the former).
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  14. #34
    Herald of the Titans Strafer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,592
    Humans.

    Human Female, best casting animation.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by capitano666 View Post
    Me likes, I just have some doubt about nagas, we don't really know their exact involvement with old gods and shit.
    I was trying to go for the old Illidan/Kael'thas/Vashj trio, but Belves and Nelves just don't mix. And so what if the Naga have involvement with the old gods? Again, keeps life interesting...

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Third faction yaay
    That won't ever happen.

    The third faction would need to be fleshed out in a 1-90+ levelling path complete with capital cities.

    All the battlegrounds are designed around Alliance and Horde you would literally have to remake all of them into 3 way fights.

    Finally, who is going to populate this magical third faction when the entire playerbase is split between Red and Blue? With the entry into wow being so high due to multiple expansions you will not have new players to populate it so the new faction would be dead at birth.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    That won't ever happen.

    The third faction would need to be fleshed out in a 1-90+ levelling path complete with capital cities.

    All the battlegrounds are designed around Alliance and Horde you would literally have to remake all of them into 3 way fights.

    Finally, who is going to populate this magical third faction when the entire playerbase is split between Red and Blue? With the entry into wow being so high due to multiple expansions you will not have new players to populate it so the new faction would be dead at birth.
    I don't think anyone was seeing it as an actual possibility, of course it won't happen.
    ...too bad

    Quote Originally Posted by gcmandrake View Post
    And so what if the Naga have involvement with the old gods? Again, keeps life interesting...
    true
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

  18. #38
    Dark Iron dwarves join the Horde.

  19. #39
    The Lightbringer Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    In your dome.
    Posts
    3,565
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    The OP's point is they go neutral and have the option to choose which side they want to join, ala Pandarean.
    Wont happen, for ALL the reasons Trassk listed. IF and thats a big if, they were to give us another neutral playable race, ala Pandarean it would NOT be one of the current playable races.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

  20. #40
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,919
    If BE go neutral i would prefer that their starting zone is Silvermoon before Arthas invasion, and you can select BE or HE, and depending what you select your story will be different, HE stay with the alliance and the BE go with Illidan and then the Horde

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •