Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[Boomkin] Brawler's guild - unfair disadvantage?

<Update> - See latest post.
    Last edited by Scouse; 2013-01-08 at 10:11 AM.

Given that there are no rewards beyond bragging rights (and even that's really pushing it, because who's going to be bragging about it?), I'd imagine having an UP class for it could be counted as a blessing. It makes it all the more impressive if you succeed.

See: how everyone goes "oh, it's a DK" when a DK solos something, and "omg not a DK!" when someone else solos something.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse View Post
    I'm currently rank 8, and I feel as though the mechanics from these bosses are far too unforgiving for balance druids - something that both skill and gear cannot help. Yes, I know it's supposed to be extremely challenging, but my point is that there is literally no way for us to pull a consistent 90-100k dps while maneuvering through beams, lasers, and what have you. And then there's things like not having a second interrupt for Blue crush (every 30 seconds), or starfall killing Millhouse's power crystals. And you might say that we'll just have to wait for the next tier to come along (or beyond), but then why isn't this the case for other classes?

Am I wrong for thinking this should be addressed within the current patch?
    I'm not too far progressed in Brawler's guild yet, but the way I see it, you should have to think about bosses, your gear, your spec in order to defeat them. As in, if there's a burst phase maybe have an on-use trinket instead of a proc, or going cat / bear for some bosses (even heal, if a boss does shit tons of damage but has no enrage).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

its doable by moonkins, dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    well Mr 1st Druid of the WoW , you re not an average boomkin...

Millhouse is the only rank 8 boss I can really consider do-able at the moment with my 492 ilvl gear. It REALLY sucks that we can't use Starfall liberally, but you can weave it in for a couple seconds sometimes when he is about to summon new crystals. My best attempt got him to 2 million HP. I got really good crystal spawns in the beginning. I've submitted a ticket to Blizzard and they are aware of this problem at least. I don't see it being fixed anytime soon, though. Best of luck w/ good crystal spawns.

Here's what I learned about Epicus Maximus. You can glyph Faerie Fire so it silences when you use it in Bear Form... You can actually out range Blue Crush, also! Even with this knowledge, that fight is still hard as hell with all the shit to dodge and the high dps requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    well Mr 1st Druid of the WoW , you re not an average boomkin...
    and its supposed to be a challenge, aka average moonkin should not be able to do it as of yet

Have you done them yourself? Honestly I'm curious. Because I haven't met a single moonkin that has yet.

Deleted
    Never thought you would be so non constructive with feedback as you are lappee, bit disapointing.

OT. I have yet to get in, is it fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Despite View Post
    Never thought you would be so non constructive with feedback as you are lappee, bit disapointing.

OT. I have yet to get in, is it fun?
    If constructiveness is telling long empty stories instead of facts, then I'm sorry to hear that. The op is saying that skill and gear won't help with these challenges and I just confirmed that its not the case And that blizzard introduced these as a challenge.

If you dislike my short fact-based way of saying things, then please feel free to hate it but that doesn't make it any less constructive

10+ Year Old Account
    He's right though, not being an average boomkin is what you need if you want to excel. It's not a bug or unintended, that's how they want it. Other classes being better is just how it's going to be, no different from top tier arena or even raiding except those actually give you something in return.

They're never going to balance the game around people's ability to solo any level of content. To complain about this is as silly as complaining that boomkins are less able to solo old raids than other classes.

Not saying that you're complaining necessarily, maybe you're just making na observation. But it's not likely to change and certain classes absolutely will have an advantage in this guild.

Deleted
    Have you done them yourself? Honestly I'm curious. Because I haven't met a single moonkin that has yet.
    I don't know a lot about the Brawler's Guild myself, but I gathered people talking about Epicus Maximus and Millhouse Manastorm, so I assume those are the ones you are asking about. He does have the achievement for killing them and the other two 'rare' bosses.

I presume there's a specific position in the arena that you can stand without being hit by Epicus Maximus' abilities, for instance?

**On a side note, can we please keep this at an 'intelligent discussion' level. Thanks a bunch. Props to Babytaco for the insight.
    Last edited by Scouse; 2012-12-04 at 10:51 AM.

and its supposed to be a challenge, aka average moonkin should not be able to do it as of yet
    well, would you say it s doable by boomkins of item level 495? or you d think higher level is necessary?
    because I believe gear helps a bit.

yes, i've done them. too bad EU armory isnt updating the new achievements as of yet
    edit: seems they fixed armory

Quote Originally Posted by mikoslav View Post
    well, would you say it s doable by boomkins of item level 495? or you d think higher level is necessary?
    because I believe gear helps a bit.
    doable with luck, and all the buffs. its hard to do, even with my gear but thats mostly because you have to find the right tactic and thats gonna take couple tries and since the queue time is what it is/was :/
    Last edited by lappee; 2012-12-04 at 11:48 AM.

yes, i've done them. too bad EU armory isnt updating the new achievements as of yet
    I checked your armory after I read your first post in this thread, and it was showing your achieves, 4 days ago you got rank 8
    and yesterday you got 4 rare bosses. So it is updated.

The rank 8 bosses are quite remorseless, but perfectly doable. I've had a day to practice them and have gotten one down (Milhouse). Only big issue I have is when I get something else than the eye boss when I have HotW specced, I'd rather take NV for them but HotW is required in my opinion for the eye boss.

mikoslav, my item level is 495 so it's definitely doable. Gear helps and this item level is pretty much the bare minimum to kill all of them but I'd say that it's possible.

getting the achievement is easy, doesnt mean he killed them legit. there's tons of ways to bug progress in brawlers guild. and exploit certain buffs *cough*levitate for disruptron*cough*

edit: seems they fixed armory
    doable with luck, and all the buffs. its hard to do, even with my gear but thats mostly because you have to find the right tactic and thats gonna take couple tries and since the queue time is what it is/was :/
    I got 4/4 Rank 8 3 days ago on my warlock, and I agree wholeheartedly here with Lappe. These fights have tremendous gearchecks and enrage timers, and in 493 gear I was needing everything I could get to push them down. You're going to need to be flasked, to have 300 food (it makes a huge difference on manastorm), to have all the buffs, a healthstone, prepotting and potting again, etc.

The only thing I'd agree on as far as being unfortunate for boomkins is that Starfall destroys the totems on Manastorm. But that's still navigable, as Lappe here shows us.

On Epicus you can actually outrange the Blue Crush, so if you force him to path with you to melee in the corner, then run to the opposite corner during Destructoclaser you will be out of range of Blue Crush. Zen'shar is all about AoEing eyes down quickly, and we all know moonkins are very capable at AoE. I have no tips for Disruptron. You're going to need to just be completely on top of your game.
    Quote Originally Posted by kassy View Post
    getting the achievement is easy, doesnt mean he killed them legit. there's tons of ways to bug progress in brawlers guild. and exploit certain buffs *cough*levitate for disruptron*cough
    Iirc this has been hotfixed, thank goodness. Anyone that killed Disruptron like this makes me sick after the effort I put into him.
    Last edited by Aschark; 2012-12-04 at 02:27 PM.