First time my account has been suspended. what's going on?

Was playing like usual and I got logged off randomly. Tried logging back in and it said my account was suspended.

I have only gotten one email so far and it appears to be some spam email, which is the typical spam email that redirects you to a virus.

I get tons of these emails but I've never clicked the link or anything. I don't bot or anything and I have an auth.

it says "Dear Customer, etwraykbjrfbyqm59502503778116422336
    8419544794502553282901988erg1lybj4kipsle
    eezmgldxqsidtzs909767338195548yupthjkcar
    Your account will be suspended because one or more characters were identified using an unauthorized cheat program, also known as a "hack." These programs provide character benefits normally not achievable in the World of Warcraft. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, increased speed, teleportation, or running through walls/boundaries.
    tcwmskabk5594733964429997c5evgsfcsw
    drukwgzjmbbzdmfbpdwh529459526055534
    So we have reviewed our logs of your account, and we were able to determine the following:
    473510041962404nqwvexzndsfay36vp3zra4ddrviyyjdcoaipmask
    *Battle.Net Account Name: xxxxx ebfea
    5sramjijpi35311299715793469395760583vc4cmdvffqzong4ox61
    *Battle.Net Account Action:43 Hour Suspension
    ajjghhz8za539035203084090o7w8io4guip2d2q
    809610132594023z7q4behbsvcrlnbzyfqb
    We recommend you Login submit your account information :https://www.battle.net/login/option8...lhgzpmxmqqiozl
    wgzemblxnalkzdnbcym9li7jz6045728116
    281495193774407akfxdidoqi4051795021
    If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently. Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account, it may lead to further action against the account.
    hb7rafib7ythmiwlqpxd168407753321000
    9794943142305926313467301op86kjpukp
    Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment

First time this has ever happened to me... is there anything I can do or should I just wait?

Deleted
    Call them

You should probably contact Blizzard or post on their own forums.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    call Blizzard on the phone .. that's what the customer service dept they have there is for-- to deal with stuff / answer those type of questions if / when you think that you cannot trust digital communications etc that may / may not be from them.
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

By chance do you have any special latin characters in your name / Battle.net tag? Such as Å, Æ, Ħ, Ɣ, and so on? Blizzards HTML sites and send outs screw up like that so often. I have a character by the name of Åura, and Battle.net well over half the time will say my character name does not exist, and the times it does, will make the address up top say crazy things like CSKiZZKl-92%ura Instead of Åura

Same exact thing on my remote app, will give me strange character names when I want to log in on the character, and will sometimes not log me in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mails from Blizzard ALWAYS start with "Dear <name>", NEVER "Dear Customer"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    I get tons of these emails but I've never clicked the link or anything.
    Never use an email account for WoW for any other business. It should be an account just for Blizzard. That way you know to never get such email, as no one but Blizzard has it on file.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Sounds like a scam. I wouldn't click it. Hackers often try to hack your account and email at the same time. Call Blizzard asap.
    Your comments are duly noted and ignored.
    I punch a hobo every time someone says 'it's not a rotation it's a priority list lol'.

They dont do 43 hour bans. Its either 3 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, 48 hours, 72 hours, or 1 week.

Sounds like a phishing scam email. Have you tried logging into your account (not through the link they give you in the email but the game client itself?) If your able to log in this was a phishing email. If you logged in through the email link they gave you then change your info and run virus scans/keylogger scans asap (Before you log into the wow client!)

If it really is a ban then that sucks call costumer service in the morning. (I could be wrong about the hour ban thingy but ive never seen a 43 hour ban)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

I really hope you didn't click that email link and then enter your password.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slickx View Post
    Was playing like usual and I got logged off randomly. Tried logging...

First time this has ever happened to me... is there anything I can do or should I just wait?

Have you even contacted Blizzard or posted on the official forums before coming here.

Im banned from blizz forums. No I didn't click the link, i'm just saying that's the only one I got.

Woke up today and I got another email from an official blizz email and it appears I only got banned for 3 hours for violating rules in a bg? Oh well at least that's not too bad. Still don't know how I got some random spam email the very second after my account got suspended though...

Did you happen to get kicked off at about 3AM PST?

Call them, best thing you can do is explain your situation and they will find someone to help you. In my experiance be prepared to be on hold for a while.

Make sure to have your CD Keys on hand to prove that it indeed, is you that is calling..

You weren't botting in that BG, I hope.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"