Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,934
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    but we sure as hell are going to have some say in who joins the club at this point in time. Especially if that nation is run by Islamic fundamentalists who hate us.
    The problem is that the US isn't the power it once was.
    They can't do anything they want and get away with it, they can't just declare war on every country that doesn't do precisely as they want.

    PS. Do you think it's weird that people hate the US when they are being threatened?

  2. #142
    So some people really think that it would be good idea that unstable regime gets a nuclear weapon capability?
    I can understand why US and well many others are so against Irans nuclear program. It doesnt really help the situtation that Iran is not co-operating with international inspections.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    So some people really think that it would be good idea that unstable regime gets a nuclear weapon capability?
    USA is the one bloodshedding for last 50 years, not Iran. Also If you consider the fact that USA is the only one who used nukes and capable of using it again if they have no other solution. USA scares me more than Iran. I would rather nuke-free world tho.

  4. #144
    Bloodsail Admiral dannypoos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    UK/Wales
    Posts
    1,076
    Didnt I read a few days ago the pentagon got some one to hack one too see if they could be hacked and they could

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    USA is the one bloodshedding for last 50 years, not Iran. Also If you consider the fact that USA is the only one who used nukes and capable of using it again if they have no other solution. USA scares me more than Iran. I would rather nuke-free world tho.
    Why didn't they use a nuke in vietnam since there was no other way to win?

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    USA is the one bloodshedding for last 50 years, not Iran. Also If you consider the fact that USA is the only one who used nukes and capable of using it again if they have no other solution. USA scares me more than Iran. I would rather nuke-free world tho.
    Well still it is unstable regime and one of the speculated problems would be that Iran would sell/lose a nuclear weapon to radical groups. Im not saying that US have acted right on its past policies everytime or anything but I just cant see how it would be good thing if Iran would get a nuclear weapon.

  7. #147
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Well still it is unstable regime and one of the speculated problems would be that Iran would sell/lose a nuclear weapon to radical groups. Im not saying that US have acted right on its past policies everytime or anything but I just cant see how it would be good thing if Iran would get a nuclear weapon.
    Israel, Pakistan, and India are all "unstable" regimes too, that didn't prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons. I don't want my country to be involved in another Iraq war because of some shit-head politician. In addition to that, the Irani government isn't that stupid and even if they got nuclear weapons they wouldn't really use them.

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Israel, Pakistan, and India are all "unstable" regimes too, that didn't prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons. I don't want my country to be involved in another Iraq war because of some shit-head politician. In addition to that, the Irani government isn't that stupid and even if they got nuclear weapons they wouldn't really use them.
    So that would make it acceptable? I would rather consider not adding to the problem. Also when Iran is too near to completing such technology you are much more likely to get involved anyway.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Israel, Pakistan, and India are all "unstable" regimes too, that didn't prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons. I don't want my country to be involved in another Iraq war because of some shit-head politician. In addition to that, the Irani government isn't that stupid and even if they got nuclear weapons they wouldn't really use them.
    "Since some people have it, it doesn't hurt that everyone has it."

  10. #150
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Well still it is unstable regime and one of the speculated problems would be that Iran would sell/lose a nuclear weapon to radical groups. Im not saying that US have acted right on its past policies everytime or anything but I just cant see how it would be good thing if Iran would get a nuclear weapon.
    says who? the israelis? the americans? any other more trustworthy sources? countries stomping round the region attacking random countries but preaching about the iranians? how about israel is subject to the same scrutiny?

  11. #151
    It probably doesn't belong to the US. The last time Iran captured a drone the US confirmed it and asked for Iran to return it. This time it's a ScanEagle, a type of drone used by many countries, and the US says that it's accounted for all ScanEagles in the Middle East.

    So either the US is lying (track record indicates the US would just ask Iran to return it), or it's somebody else's.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    says who? the israelis? the americans? any other more trustworthy sources? countries stomping round the region attacking random countries but preaching about the iranians? how about israel is subject to the same scrutiny?
    Probably both and some other countries too. As I said speculated, but fairly believable risk assessment atleast on some level. In any case my point is that there would not be any positive side if Iran would acquire the means to make nuclear weapons and I see why said countries wont want to allow it.
    Couldnt actually make Israel be subject about same scrutiny as its completely different thing.

  13. #153
    Fluffy Kitten Wikiy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    So some people really think that it would be good idea that unstable regime gets a nuclear weapon capability?
    Not exactly a good idea, but not a bad one either. No matter how bad a regime can get, they could never be crazy enough to use a nuke. So i see no problem with more countries just doing what the 5 special ones did a while ago.

  14. #154
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    So that would make it acceptable? I would rather consider not adding to the problem. Also when Iran is too near to completing such technology you are much more likely to get involved anyway.
    According to whom? Israel or the US? Hardly credible sources especially regarding Iran and the Middle East.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    "Since some people have it, it doesn't hurt that everyone has it."
    They wouldn't use it anyway. I say let them have it so that the power can balance between them and Israel same situation between India and Pakistan.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:35 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It probably doesn't belong to the US. The last time Iran captured a drone the US confirmed it and asked for Iran to return it. This time it's a ScanEagle, a type of drone used by many countries, and the US says that it's accounted for all ScanEagles in the Middle East.

    So either the US is lying (track record indicates the US would just ask Iran to return it), or it's somebody else's.
    The first time, the US denied the claims initially and then confirmed it.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    According to whom? Israel or the US? Hardly credible sources especially regarding Iran and the Middle East.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:34 PM ----------


    They wouldn't use it anyway. I say let them have it so that the power can balance between them and Israel same situation between India and Pakistan.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:35 PM ----------


    The first time, the US denied the claims initially and then confirmed it.
    Based on the fact that Iran is not co-operating with the international inspections, if their only reason would be energy I wouldnt see why they wont be open about the program then. You are also right that US and Israel cant be credible sources.

    So making another India and Pakistan situtation would be good? Its not long ago that nuclear war was possible scenario between those two countries, though now its more stable.

  16. #156
    The Lightbringer N-7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,573
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Based on the fact that Iran is not co-operating with the international inspections, if their only reason would be energy I wouldnt see why they wont be open about the program then. You are also right that US and Israel cant be credible sources.

    So making another India and Pakistan situtation would be good? Its not long ago that nuclear war was possible scenario between those two countries, though now its more stable.
    They've cooperated countless times and everytime they've returned empty handed, that was until the US told them that finding no evidence was unacceptable and literally told them to "find" them. In such cases, Iran is within its right to prevent those "inspectors" from entering when they suspect that they're no more than glorified spies for the US and Israel and when Iran is singled out in this process while another nearby country that has nuclear weapons isn't allowing any inspectors in. Finally, do you remember Iraq? I've been told that WMD were there and guess what? countless men died for a false cause.
    -----------
    But that situation has stabilized due the possibility of war being ruled out because of MAD between the two.

  17. #157
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,131
    we cant demand anything of iran whilst ignoring the elephant in the room, israel.

  18. #158
    Pandaren Monk skatblast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It's not that, it's the fact that it was where it was, doing what it was. If it's true then it's messed up.
    I honestly have no idea whats "messed up" about any of this

  19. #159
    It's safe to assume that any drone over Iran is loaded with sophisticated malware.

  20. #160
    Bloodsail Admiral soulcrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Posts
    1,131
    can you imagine the reaction of the holier than thou Americans if Iran started flying drones in their airspace.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •