Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    On Iran: Why are we always so focused on Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, instead of Ali Khamenei? The Ayatollah (as the real leader of Iran) seems decidedly anti-nuclear weapon, and anti-first strike against Israel. It seems silly to focus so much on the President when the Ayatollah holds most of the power in the country, including when and how to use military force.

There is also now a contention about Ahmadinejad's remarks of "wiping Israel off the map", that what was actually said was that basically the regime would collapse, but the previous statement was easier to sell to demonize the President of Iran and so the media ran with that.

It could be assumed that the Ayatollah is simply lying, but honestly how can you deal with a nation when you automatically assume that anything they say to contradict your narrative is a lie?
    Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, is a moderate politically speaking and one day because of him Iran may become a western nation again. However the Majority of the power in Iran is in the official government this is because Ali Khamenei made some small changes giving the parliament greater authority, this means if they have nukes they can do a first strike with out the support of the full government. I personally hope and pray that Iran is freed from the tyranny of it's current government. But I want the Iranians to do it for themselves. Given enough time it will happen. Unfortunately gaining nuclear weapons can only hurt Iran at this point.

I dont think you can ever go off of a persons word. We took Sadam at face value and the whole time he was lying about having weapons of mass desruction. This time the US is trying to get some intel on whats there and if there is better justified cause of a national threat. Because they refuse inspections it makes you look real guilty no matter what your intentions are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    While I'm not certain, I have seen him post before, and I am pretty sure he is not from Israel.
    the OP is a Muslim from the UK. I guess the flag is an Ironic statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    In the Name of the Imperium of Man, I agree.
    The world must be purged of heretics.

The emperor protects.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    I dont think you can ever go off of a persons word. We took Sadam at face value and the whole time he was lying about having weapons of mass desruction. This time the US is trying to get some intel on whats there and if there is better justified cause of a national threat. Because they refuse inspections it makes you look real guilty no matter what your intentions are.
    Wait, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Wait, what?
    I think what he was trying to say is that Sadam would publicly claim to have the power to beat America in a war, as some kind of proof that Sadam had WMD. The reality is that an Iraqis born CIA agent falsified documents and reports making it seem that Sadam had WMDs, the White House at the time never bothered to verify these documents or consider that the Agents family was murdered by Sadam. Leading to proof that Bush was an idiot, because anyone else would have checked the data before sending troops, and if there were no WMDs to have some ready with Iraqis military markings ready to be placed for review of the world. The current Administration is looking at Iran using robots aka Drone spy planes, these devices are verifying whether or not the Nuclear threat from Iran is real or not. BTW spotting a live Nuclear weapon can be done using radiation probes and other devices because no matter how well you shield there is always detectible radiation from a Nuclear weapon.

Deleted
    Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, is a moderate politically speaking and one day because of him Iran may become a western nation again. However the Majority of the power in Iran is in the official government this is because Ali Khamenei made some small changes giving the parliament greater authority, this means if they have nukes they can do a first strike with out the support of the full government. I personally hope and pray that Iran is freed from the tyranny of it's current government. But I want the Iranians to do it for themselves. Given enough time it will happen. Unfortunately gaining nuclear weapons can only hurt Iran at this point.
    Lets pray Iran is freed from this tiranny I know nothing about and that they elected twice

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:02 PM ----------

"I want the Iranians to do it by themselves" = send in intelligence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Lets pray Iran is freed from this tiranny I know nothing about and that they elected twice

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:02 PM ----------

"I want the Iranians to do it by themselves" = send in intelligence
    First in 2009, there was a popular uprising in Iran because the students and a large portion of the population was tired of how they are treated by their government, and the lack of choice in how things work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Ir...ction_protests (not a fan of Wikipedia but this has all the needed links to news sources)

When I say I want the Iranians to free them selves I mean just that I do not want any Western nation to get involved. Trying to put words in other peoples mouths is bad forum manners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Whats the point in having laws, policies, and procedures if some countries are just going to ignore them?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...445_story.html

If Iran ONLY wanted nuclear power plants (which the Russians offered to help them build for much less then a research then build cost), then why do they refuse the UN inspectors access to places?
    Because regardless of what those IAEA inspectors found , which was absolutly nothing btw , they still got sanctioned.
    Why cooperate if it doesn't make any difference ?
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-12-04 at 06:12 PM.

Consider the source. It's Iran; they have a history of blowing smoke to get attention. See see this kind of crap from Iran all the time. They pretend to have things they don't really have or greatly exaggerate events that did happen. The U.S. Navy has already responded that all their drones are accounted for, countering Iran's claim of a recent interception (reference: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-...red-u.s-drone/).
    Last edited by Jediguy; 2012-12-04 at 06:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubalus View Post
    Because regardless of what those IAEA inspectors found , which was absolutly nothing btw , they still got sanctioned.
    Why cooperate if it doesn't make any difference ?
    Actually it makes a lot of difference. Obviously they got sanctioned because the inspectors found something, if they just wanted a cheap modern energy source there would be no issues from anyone. But the thing is they built a nuclear reactor with the capability to refine weapons grade material. That is a hostile act in an of it's self.When you also take in consideration they devolved low orbit rockets, it is clear the intent is to build missile systems with global range. So sitting in what ever nation you live in do you feel safe knowing Iran could launch an ICBM?

Iran needed to conjure up some "good news" to distract their citizens that their economy is imploding due to the current sanctions.

Deleted
    As for unbeatable. Numbers prove it, in every war the US has fought in since 1900, Americans had won every battle, killed more enemies that lost troops, usually in huge ratios.

1898 Spanish-American War: US won US Combat deaths 345, Spanish combat deaths 3560

1914-1918 World War I: Not going to give number of Dead only because the US was involved for a short amount of time compared to the rest of the warring parties..
    I am curious, how is it that Philippine Insurrection/Philippine–American War (1899–1902) is forgotten in US history? It was quit a bloody, or is it best forgotten because US behaved like a normal European colonial power?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Iran needed to conjure up some "good news" to distract their citizens that their economy is imploding due to the current sanctions.
    I thought they were blaming our weather weapon on that.

I thought they were blaming our weather weapon on that.
    God that still makes me laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    or a Trojan horse.
    Trojan Horse >.< Hacker xtreme.

Anyway, 2nd comment about fishing haha !! :P I wonder what will they do with it, I really do. Maybe they are making something, ultra stealth plane :3
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Love everyone getting antsy about Iran and demanding they bow to western will. What about the real war manger in the region that also has nukes? What's Iran actually done to anyone? Invaded lebanon? Bombed jordan? Slaughtered civilians with banned weapons in gaza? We built saddam up to destroy Iran. He failed so we destroyed him. How about we leave the gulf to sort its own affairs and instead of wasting money posturing we spend it on our own schools and hospitals so we can compete with our real rivals china and India.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    Love everyone getting antsy about Iran and demanding they bow to western will. What about the real war manger in the region that also has nukes? What's Iran actually done to anyone? Invaded lebanon? Bombed jordan? Slaughtered civilians with banned weapons in gaza? We built saddam up to destroy Iran. He failed so we destroyed him. How about we leave the gulf to sort its own affairs and instead of wasting money posturing we spend it on our own schools and hospitals so we can compete with our real rivals china and India.
    I think people who are against Iran should see this.

-K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    I am curious, how is it that Philippine Insurrection/Philippine–American War (1899–1902) is forgotten in US history? It was quit a bloody, or is it best forgotten because US behaved like a normal European colonial power?

It is included as a part of the Spanish American War. Since it is tied closely to the events of the Spanish American war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Whats the point in having laws, policies, and procedures if some countries are just going to ignore them?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...445_story.html

If Iran ONLY wanted nuclear power plants (which the Russians offered to help them build for much less then a research then build cost), then why do they refuse the UN inspectors access to places?
    Because they've allowed those inspectors COUNTLESS TIMES and they keep demanding access again. At some point they got tired of bending over and said NO.