Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inay View Post
    Well still it is unstable regime and one of the speculated problems would be that Iran would sell/lose a nuclear weapon to radical groups. Im not saying that US have acted right on its past policies everytime or anything but I just cant see how it would be good thing if Iran would get a nuclear weapon.
    Israel, Pakistan, and India are all "unstable" regimes too, that didn't prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons. I don't want my country to be involved in another Iraq war because of some shit-head politician. In addition to that, the Irani government isn't that stupid and even if they got nuclear weapons they wouldn't really use them.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Israel, Pakistan, and India are all "unstable" regimes too, that didn't prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons. I don't want my country to be involved in another Iraq war because of some shit-head politician. In addition to that, the Irani government isn't that stupid and even if they got nuclear weapons they wouldn't really use them.
    So that would make it acceptable? I would rather consider not adding to the problem. Also when Iran is too near to completing such technology you are much more likely to get involved anyway.

"Since some people have it, it doesn't hurt that everyone has it."

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    Well still it is unstable regime and one of the speculated problems would be that Iran would sell/lose a nuclear weapon to radical groups. Im not saying that US have acted right on its past policies everytime or anything but I just cant see how it would be good thing if Iran would get a nuclear weapon.
    says who? the israelis? the americans? any other more trustworthy sources? countries stomping round the region attacking random countries but preaching about the iranians? how about israel is subject to the same scrutiny?

It probably doesn't belong to the US. The last time Iran captured a drone the US confirmed it and asked for Iran to return it. This time it's a ScanEagle, a type of drone used by many countries, and the US says that it's accounted for all ScanEagles in the Middle East.

So either the US is lying (track record indicates the US would just ask Iran to return it), or it's somebody else's.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    says who? the israelis? the americans? any other more trustworthy sources? countries stomping round the region attacking random countries but preaching about the iranians? how about israel is subject to the same scrutiny?
    Probably both and some other countries too. As I said speculated, but fairly believable risk assessment atleast on some level. In any case my point is that there would not be any positive side if Iran would acquire the means to make nuclear weapons and I see why said countries wont want to allow it.
    Couldnt actually make Israel be subject about same scrutiny as its completely different thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    So some people really think that it would be good idea that unstable regime gets a nuclear weapon capability?
    Not exactly a good idea, but not a bad one either. No matter how bad a regime can get, they could never be crazy enough to use a nuke. So i see no problem with more countries just doing what the 5 special ones did a while ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that would make it acceptable? I would rather consider not adding to the problem. Also when Iran is too near to completing such technology you are much more likely to get involved anyway.
    According to whom? Israel or the US? Hardly credible sources especially regarding Iran and the Middle East.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    "Since some people have it, it doesn't hurt that everyone has it."
    They wouldn't use it anyway. I say let them have it so that the power can balance between them and Israel same situation between India and Pakistan.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    It probably doesn't belong to the US. The last time Iran captured a drone the US confirmed it and asked for Iran to return it. This time it's a ScanEagle, a type of drone used by many countries, and the US says that it's accounted for all ScanEagles in the Middle East.

So either the US is lying (track record indicates the US would just ask Iran to return it), or it's somebody else's.
    The first time, the US denied the claims initially and then confirmed it.

According to whom? Israel or the US? Hardly credible sources especially regarding Iran and the Middle East.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:34 PM ----------

They wouldn't use it anyway. I say let them have it so that the power can balance between them and Israel same situation between India and Pakistan.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:35 PM ----------

The first time, the US denied the claims initially and then confirmed it.
    Based on the fact that Iran is not co-operating with the international inspections, if their only reason would be energy I wouldnt see why they wont be open about the program then. You are also right that US and Israel cant be credible sources.

So making another India and Pakistan situtation would be good? Its not long ago that nuclear war was possible scenario between those two countries, though now its more stable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the fact that Iran is not co-operating with the international inspections, if their only reason would be energy I wouldnt see why they wont be open about the program then. You are also right that US and Israel cant be credible sources.

So making another India and Pakistan situtation would be good? Its not long ago that nuclear war was possible scenario between those two countries, though now its more stable.
    They've cooperated countless times and everytime they've returned empty handed, that was until the US told them that finding no evidence was unacceptable and literally told them to "find" them. In such cases, Iran is within its right to prevent those "inspectors" from entering when they suspect that they're no more than glorified spies for the US and Israel and when Iran is singled out in this process while another nearby country that has nuclear weapons isn't allowing any inspectors in. Finally, do you remember Iraq? I've been told that WMD were there and guess what? countless men died for a false cause.
    -----------
    But that situation has stabilized due the possibility of war being ruled out because of MAD between the two.

10+ Year Old Account
    we cant demand anything of iran whilst ignoring the elephant in the room, israel.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    It's not that, it's the fact that it was where it was, doing what it was. If it's true then it's messed up.
    I honestly have no idea whats "messed up" about any of this

10+ Year Old Account
    It's safe to assume that any drone over Iran is loaded with sophisticated malware.

10+ Year Old Account
    can you imagine the reaction of the holier than thou Americans if Iran started flying drones in their airspace.

10+ Year Old Account
    can you imagine the reaction of the holier than thou Americans if Iran started flying drones in their airspace.
    We'd find it hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure we have Russian, Chinese, and even NATO members spying on us all the time. Intelligence operations are handled a lot differently than conventional acts of war.

Apparently the US aren't the only people to use that type of drone and the American's say they have no unaccounted for drones and that it isn't their's. It's a he said she said situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont really care if iran gets up the balls to ever attack us we should just set the record for worlds largest mirrior, not that wed have to use nukes i imagine incendiary bombs would do the trick
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    The thing is, as a world power and one that could stomp Iran back into the stone age, it's pretty simple for the U.S. to say "actually, no you don't." Especially when Iran is as dodgy as they are. Like it or not, the U.S. is going to do what is in its own best interests. You'll notice that plenty of countries that aren't shady as fuck already have nuclear power? Granted, it's not like even if we wanted to we could stop everyone (see: cold war U.S.S.R) but we sure as hell are going to have some say in who joins the club at this point in time. Especially if that nation is run by Islamic fundamentalists who hate us.
    Aka Pakistan?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:28 AM ----------

Thing is, whatever you say, there is no way you can convince me that Iran is as shady and dangerous as Pakistan or Israel, two countries clearly guided by fundamentalism and armed to the teeth.
    There are 4 countries that arent signed up in the non proliferation pact.
    Pakistan Israel India and North Korea. First three NEVER signed up. Fourth withdrawn.
    You can use all your false propaganda, that wont make any of these countries look better than Iran.
    There is one nation in the area and one only that has shown to be ruthless, armed, rich and supported and lemme tell you it sure aint Iran.

If you really want to leave them in peace and sort em out by themselves as someone else said, just pull out your fucking intelligence that's shaping society as they did in a goooood few modern nations over the world and let them sort out.

The USA won't be able to withstand a proper invasion war with a proper nation like Iran.
    Iran isnt Iraq and isn't Afghanistan.
    I don't understand why you people want to get involved in this.
    Just cause Israel tells you to?
    Last edited by mmocea043e1e13; 2012-12-05 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Above 20% is still medical and even more important: Research.
    Research reactors don't generally go above 12%.