Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    can you imagine the reaction of the holier than thou Americans if Iran started flying drones in their airspace.
    We'd find it hilarious.

can you imagine the reaction of the holier than thou Americans if Iran started flying drones in their airspace.
    I'm sure we have Russian, Chinese, and even NATO members spying on us all the time. Intelligence operations are handled a lot differently than conventional acts of war.

Apparently the US aren't the only people to use that type of drone and the American's say they have no unaccounted for drones and that it isn't their's. It's a he said she said situation.

i dont really care if iran gets up the balls to ever attack us we should just set the record for worlds largest mirrior, not that wed have to use nukes i imagine incendiary bombs would do the trick
    You're a fine example of how gamer communities have become infested with endlessly whining and bitching, arrogant, opinionated, unreasonable, all the way immature, completely delusional, tendentially psychotic, insulting individuals one really doesn't want to be linked with. And playing with you guys is certainly no fun at all. I don't know where this kind of folks spawns from. Must be a nest somewhere ...
    A fine summarization of the community

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    The thing is, as a world power and one that could stomp Iran back into the stone age, it's pretty simple for the U.S. to say "actually, no you don't." Especially when Iran is as dodgy as they are. Like it or not, the U.S. is going to do what is in its own best interests. You'll notice that plenty of countries that aren't shady as fuck already have nuclear power? Granted, it's not like even if we wanted to we could stop everyone (see: cold war U.S.S.R) but we sure as hell are going to have some say in who joins the club at this point in time. Especially if that nation is run by Islamic fundamentalists who hate us.
    Aka Pakistan?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:28 AM ----------

Thing is, whatever you say, there is no way you can convince me that Iran is as shady and dangerous as Pakistan or Israel, two countries clearly guided by fundamentalism and armed to the teeth.
    There are 4 countries that arent signed up in the non proliferation pact.
    Pakistan Israel India and North Korea. First three NEVER signed up. Fourth withdrawn.
    You can use all your false propaganda, that wont make any of these countries look better than Iran.
    There is one nation in the area and one only that has shown to be ruthless, armed, rich and supported and lemme tell you it sure aint Iran.

If you really want to leave them in peace and sort em out by themselves as someone else said, just pull out your fucking intelligence that's shaping society as they did in a goooood few modern nations over the world and let them sort out.

The USA won't be able to withstand a proper invasion war with a proper nation like Iran.
    Iran isnt Iraq and isn't Afghanistan.
    I don't understand why you people want to get involved in this.
    Just cause Israel tells you to?
    Last edited by Djalil; 2012-12-05 at 12:31 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Above 20% is still medical and even more important: Research.
    Research reactors don't generally go above 12%.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm pretty sure violation of airspace like that can be seen as an act of war, it was ignored the first time and the US didn't even get a slap on the wrist.
    Yeah but... what are they going to do about it?

And who is going to slap America on the wrist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    We'd find it hilarious.
    You'd invade Iran.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Aka Pakistan?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 12:28 AM ----------

Thing is, whatever you say, there is no way you can convince me that Iran is as shady and dangerous as Pakistan or Israel, two countries clearly guided by fundamentalism and armed to the teeth.
    There are 4 countries that arent signed up in the non proliferation pact.
    Pakistan Israel India and North Korea. First three NEVER signed up. Fourth withdrawn.
    You can use all your false propaganda, that wont make any of these countries look better than Iran.
    There is one nation in the area and one only that has shown to be ruthless, armed, rich and supported and lemme tell you it sure aint Iran.

If you really want to leave them in peace and sort em out by themselves as someone else said, just pull out your fucking intelligence that's shaping society as they did in a goooood few modern nations over the world and let them sort out.

The USA won't be able to withstand a proper invasion war with a proper nation like Iran.
    Iran isnt Iraq and isn't Afghanistan.
    I don't understand why you people want to get involved in this.
    Just cause Israel tells you to?
    Pakistan has nukes and you better bet the US regrets it because now we have to be nice to them. How do you think bin Laden hiding in their country would have went down if they didn't have nukes. We would have removed their incompetent government. This is why we don't want Iran to get nukes. Iran isnt the most honest country and not one we would want to be forced to cooperate with.

And if you honestly think Iran could hold a flame to the US then your are delusional.

Iraq had a modern military and that lasted 24 hours. We were there for so long because of insurgency and monitor the restructuring of the Iraqi military and government. Afghanistan is still a thing because we are being nice and don't to minimize civilian casualties.

If we were to go to war with Iran we would bomb them back to the stone age in 48 hours. The only thing left to do would be to mop up ground resistance, which would be crippled by that point.

You don't become a world superpower by not knowing how to conduct a war. The US pulls its punches.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but... what are they going to do about it?

And who is going to slap America on the wrist?
    That's very short sighted of you. When talking about nations you shouldnt be considering your lifespan.
    Your kids and their kids will probably live in the very same nation.
    So yes, now there's nothing no one can do. But that doesn't mean it's staying like this forever. There isn't the need to an actual invasion of the USA territories, cause as I'm sure you know, geopolitical battles on a high scale are fought on paper. Threats basically.

I hope the kind of mentality you have isn't represented politically.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You'd invade Iran.
    just stop it. our airspace has been breached many times, it was a regular occurrence during the cold war, and surprise surprise, no invasion. but stay classy on the hyperbole

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Pakistan has nukes and you better bet the US regrets it because now we have to be nice to them. How do you think bin Laden hiding in their country would have went down if they didn't have nukes. We would have removed their incompetent government. This is why we don't want Iran to get nukes. Iran isnt the most honest country and not one we would want to be forced to cooperate with.

And if you honestly think Iran could hold a flame to the US then your are delusional.

Iraq had a modern military and that lasted 24 hours. We were there for so long because of insurgency and monitor the restructuring of the Iraqi military and government. Afghanistan is still a thing because we are being nice and don't to minimize civilian casualties.

If we were to go to war with Iran we would bomb them back to the stone age in 48 hours. The only thing left to do would be to mop up ground resistance, which would be crippled by that point.

You don't become a world superpower by not knowing how to conduct a war. The US pulls its punches.
    I don't think you have a clear idea of what Iran is. It isn't by any mean a poor nation. Do you think they'll stand there and watch you use their airspace? Do you think they arent learning from what happened in the area?
    You do know that anti aircraft missile system that replaces the s300 russia didnt sell them is due to be completed in 2013?

There is one thing that the USA army have to face all the time. And that's morale and public opinion in the USA.
    Without that there is no war.
    Think people will still support a war you don't want in a place you don't want to go to protect someone else's business, when airplanes start to drop? Think your government will be happy losing precious planes and pilots?
    Morale is always to be considered.
    And sorry mate by yours is running kinda low after the past few debacles.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    just stop it. our airspace has been breached many times, it was a regular occurrence during the cold war, and surprise surprise, no invasion. but stay classy on the hyperbole
    I wish i could find that article in which it states how many times both Russian and American personnel almost triggered the fail-deadly system. I remember one being an American civilian plane being hailed by a Russian military station but since they were using a military frequency they got no answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    I wish i could find that article in which it states how many times both Russian and American personnel almost triggered the fail-deadly system. I remember one being an American civilian plane being hailed by a Russian military station but since they were using a military frequency they got no answer.
    but they didnt end up in war or invade. and ussr would have posed an actual threat, where even supposing iran could get a drone into our airspace they still wouldnt pose a threat.

and while US claims that they werent in iranian airspace might be dubious, they are no more suspect than iran's claims that they were. the number of people willing to take a claim from IRAN of all places at face value is a crystal clear indicator of bias

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I don't think you have a clear idea of what Iran is. It isn't by any mean a poor nation. Do you think they'll stand there and watch you use their airspace? Do you think they arent learning from what happened in the area?
    You do know that anti aircraft missile system that replaces the s300 russia didnt sell them is due to be completed in 2013?

There is one thing that the USA army have to face all the time. And that's morale and public opinion in the USA.
    Without that there is no war.
    Think people will still support a war you don't want in a place you don't want to go to protect someone else's business, when airplanes start to drop? Think your government will be happy losing precious planes and pilots?
    Morale is always to be considered.
    And sorry mate by yours is running kinda low after the past few debacles.
    And I don't you understand how B2s work.

Not going to happen in our lifetime. Actually, it would more than likely be never.

but they didnt end up in war or invade. and ussr would have posed an actual threat, where even supposing iran could get a drone into our airspace they still wouldnt pose a threat.

and while US claims that they werent in iranian airspace might be dubious, they are no more suspect than iran's claims that they were. the number of people willing to take a claim from IRAN of all places at face value is a crystal clear indicator of bias
    Why? The US didnt recognize using drone strikes in Somalia or Yemen until recently. When it comes to the use of drones the US has very little credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    You'd invade Iran.
    Would we now? What makes you think we'd invade Iran just because they decided to let us use one of their shitty little planes for target practice?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Why? The US didnt recognize using drone strikes in Somalia or Yemen until recently. When it comes to the use of drones the US has very little credibility.
    i admitted the US claim was dubious. but you find iran's claims credible? seriously?

The Unstoppable Force Rukentuts's Avatar
    i admitted the US claim was dubious. but you find iran's claims credible? seriously?
    Iran thinks the West is using a weather weapon ffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Hey, as a transabled, transethnic, non-binary, genderqueer, neo-communist, indoor-capable republican otherkin I am offended by your callous display of ignorance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I wouldn't expect someone who thinks science provides proof to know that.