1. #1

    how trustworthy are those rbg rating sellers?

    Lately I've been thinking of taking the bait of those rbg rating sellers.
    you know those spams " selling rbg rating, you play your character, all legit".

    what does it cost, how trustworthy are they?

    as it is now I can't get into any rbg. spamming trade all day without any response. I've joined late this season and since I didn't do any rbg I have 0 rating.
    no rating = no team = no rating = no team ... you see where this goes.

    I'm not looking for ultra ratings, just a rating that gets me into an rbg team.

    share your experience / knowledge on this subject plz! (can always pm if you're being scared to share how much you know about this subject )

  2. #2
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,291
    Well, there is this risk of getting banned I guess? If it is buying with real life money..

    And yes, it is tempting :P Got the same problem as you, started with PvE this exansion, regret it to the depts of hell.. I cant get in ANY RBG with my 192 rating (Yey one win in a conq cap team:P)

    But no, I wouldnt take the risk with that "buy rating" stuff, would suck to get banned : /

    Try gather some guild friends, make a group, and farm your way slowly up That's what I'm planning on doing now, got 5 IRL friends ready, with the same problem as me - then a couple of guildies/randoms and we can start working our way up to the 1.8-2k rating

  3. #3
    Farm some gold and buy a boost from a high end PvP guild, pretty much each server has atleast one. As long as there's no account sharing involved and the payment is ingame gold Blizzard can't do anything about it.

  4. #4
    Blizzard bans if there is evidence, if there is no chat logs indicating violation of ToS there is little they can do.

  5. #5
    Depends if they sell rating via win-trading or by just selling a spot in the team. If it's the latter, no problem.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mixerii View Post
    Blizzard bans if there is evidence, if there is no chat logs indicating violation of ToS there is little they can do.
    It's fine if it's in-game gold though. No different than heroic carries for gold, or guaranteed mount drops. Also, OpenRaid.us helps, as does teamfinder, battlemasters, etc. Went 6-1 with an openraid group last night full of very nice and funny players who knew what they were doing. Even got a multiglad in the group.

  7. #7
    dunno it's usually not worth it for the seller if you play yourself since it takes too long (and for rbgs you can only take like 2-3 per game)

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Well, there is this risk of getting banned I guess? If it is buying with real life money..
    I personally do not know of any team that would ever boost someone in RBGs for gold. It would be pretty much masochism to carry people through for a bunch of virtual money, even though I guess you can theoretically sell it and make real currency, but still, that's way too much effort when you can just get it directly.

    That said, if someone is advertising that you play your own character you'll likely either have to pay actual money or there's another "catch" somewhere.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I personally do not know of any team that would ever boost someone in RBGs for gold. It would be pretty much masochism to carry people through for a bunch of virtual money, even though I guess you can theoretically sell it and make real currency, but still, that's way too much effort when you can just get it directly.

    That said, if someone is advertising that you play your own character you'll likely either have to pay actual money or there's another "catch" somewhere.
    there are alot of guilds that do that. and the reason is simple. guild A helps person B get 2200+ rating in 1 night. person B gives guild A lets say 50k gold.

    now guild A has 50k gold in the guild bank for mats/pots/flasks. this way there guild bank is full of mats and stuff the whole guild can use for 1 night of work.

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral nerdjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,104
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    there are alot of guilds that do that. and the reason is simple. guild A helps person B get 2200+ rating in 1 night. person B gives guild A lets say 50k gold.

    now guild A has 50k gold in the guild bank for mats/pots/flasks. this way there guild bank is full of mats and stuff the whole guild can use for 1 night of work.
    You're speaking in terms of PvE. Most of those guilds will just boost people through PvE content since it's easier to do and it's what they specialize in anyway. Guilds on my server were selling heroic DS clears for ~500k gold and there's actually a market for it. They need to buy expensive BoE gear at the start of progression cycles though, so they have something of a need for that gold.

    PvPers don't need much gold in general now that they don't have to get high-end PvE gear for arenas. People in this game tend to get worked up over gold just because it's the primary currency, but you really can't do much with it. It just wouldn't be worth the effort it would take to boost a stranger in PvP for a mostly useless currency, especially when you consider you'd have to either split it 9 ways (severely reduced payout) or put it in the guild bank (i.e. hand over to gleader). PvPers boost people because it helps with food/rent/pc upgrades/beer/whatever, not crap in a video game.

  11. #11
    Stormscale is full of boost sellers and wintraders. I had a friend that payed 60 bucks for 4 wins ( 400cr each ) and got boosted to 2.7k
    The downside of this is that every retard with 0 cr demands 2.2k exp at least
    Blizz won't ban boost sellers because it's hard to prove such a thing. Besides, it's legit. Imagine it like having a friend to help so he can get a some gear / achs, except in this case, that friend is actually grateful and gives you some cash

  12. #12
    While im sure some of the RBGs boosts are safe idk if its worth the potential account ban. Not to mention im sure you'd have to get boosted to 1800 or 2200 or whatever and then what are you going to do when your sitting at a 2200 rating for example?

    I would tell you that if you really just want to RBG, pvp and get some rating yourself to visit www .openraid .us or .eu and sign up(sorry cant post links yet.) They have LOTS of daily low mmr rbg groups that group together via realid. I play on alliance US side of things and its fairly populated but that the horde side has some more groups going. For most of the low mmr groups they just want you to have some pvp gear and not be a complete ahole, and you'll get invited back to future groups. Also note that there are a lot of higher mmr groups as well

  13. #13
    Regarding the same topic, I just don't want to open a thread for this. What happens if I ( 1850 cr ) join a low rated bg ( for cap ) ? Will my entire team get matched with other 1.8k+ rated groups?
    I'm currently 2.2k / 2950 and cannot cap but via rbgs, and sadly, no one on stormscale is really doing rbgs atm except on low rated ( or 2.2k)

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Regarding the same topic, I just don't want to open a thread for this. What happens if I ( 1850 cr ) join a low rated bg ( for cap ) ? Will my entire team get matched with other 1.8k+ rated groups?
    I'm currently 2.2k / 2950 and cannot cap but via rbgs, and sadly, no one on stormscale is really doing rbgs atm except on low rated ( or 2.2k)
    The rating is determined from by taking all the people in the group and finding an average...so if your at 1800 and everyone else is 0 let say your team rating for matchmaking purposes would be 180. The problem here becomes if your team loses, YOUR rating takes a huge hit cuz your higher personal rating just lost to a team that as probably ranked around 180 as well. That is the way ive come to understand this.

    So ya you can join a low mmr group but unless its a decent group you might take a hit on your personal rating

  15. #15
    Yea, I found that the hard way -.-. Just lost 18 rating cause I can't find anyone at this hour capping, and I did not have time durring the week.
    Thx blizz for limiting c.p capping, I just lost almost 1k c.p

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •