Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned Town Drunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    World wide baby !!
    Posts
    56

    IMO one of the many fails of SWTOR :-(

    So last night I tried the free version of the game after having bought it and played for about 3 weeks casually at the start . I have a level 25 Jedi Gaurdian that I tried playing again . The reason I stopped playing the game last time was that I had an older computer that would not push some of the areas while leveling it turned into a slide show . So now with my fancy new computer I was determined to hit level 50 and have some fun . Not so fast ...

    I was leveling on tatoine at level 25 and solo mobs or 2 mobs ...not so bad ...but I was constantly having to pull 4-5 mobs at a time and get my ass handed to me I literally died about 20 times in 2 hours of play. Randomly I would pull mobs that where just super hard for some reason ..droids that would kill me and my companion in like 5 secs and no they where not elite ...So annoying . So im like well this is about the half way point in Swtor then I thought I would jump into wow and try leveling a DK from the start which is also about the half way point in wow . This is one of the reasons why SWTOR had to go free to play . They just took this hardcore elitist mentality so a person like myself who is casual and not the best player gets killed none stop then says " fuck this game " . Maybe that is ok ..maybe not but when I played the DK I felt powerful and it was fun killing 4-5 mobs at a time even if I had to use a potion to stay alive . With swtor it was just a lame and boring rehash of when I played wow in vanilla ...just dying all the time with little to no reward ...Sorry if you disagree it's just my opinion and a warning to other casual that might want to try it .

  2. #2
    Just because you're doing bad pulls doesn't mean that the game is too hard. Just pay attention to your surroundings and don't jump like crazy, especially if you're under-leveled for the zone you're in. Now, blaming the game for your lack of skill in it, just seems silly.

  3. #3
    On SW you dont get handed everything on a silver platter. There is a slight amount of skill required

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Totikki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    708
    Im a casual and I find the game easy. Dont use the term "casual" = bad player. If you are bad you are bad. You just need gear from instances and what not for you and your companion.
    I dont play SWTOR myself anymore as my friends didnt wanna try it out again.

  5. #5
    Banned Town Drunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    World wide baby !!
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Sepharoth View Post
    Just because you're doing bad pulls doesn't mean that the game is too hard. Just pay attention to your surroundings and don't jump like crazy, especially if you're under-leveled for the zone you're in. Now, blaming the game for your lack of skill in it, just seems silly.
    Your funny . I am not doing bad pulls ...these mobs are grouped 4+ and very tough . Im not gonna feel bad here there is a reason this game went free to play and this is one major reason ...so whatever

  6. #6
    Dont recall this at all. I have 2 level 50s(one of them being jedi knight = crap melee class). Was no problem pulling just 1-2 mobs as far as i remember. Remember that SWTOR have alot of different types of mobs, not just elites. Goes like this or something: normal, strong(silver name), elites (gold name?), champions (star?), boss... maybe even some more.... so maybe you pulled 4-5 strong mobs, you most likely gonna die then if you dont do some fancy cc or kite.

  7. #7
    1] Did you accidentally enter a HC/Group area so that you faced groups of champs/elites? (Silver/gold stars)
    2] Did you use your companion, your skill points(The were resetted most likely.)and was your gear somewhat up to date? Green stuff equivalent for your level is more then enough for leveling.


    I'm not going to defend the snoozefest that is SWTOR's leveling and mission design but hard or though isn't exactly a term I would use to describe it. You will face groups of mobs regularly but those are normal mobs with maybe 1 silver mob in between. They die in 1 AoE and Guardian isn't exactly lacking in this department.

    So sorry the problem is actually you.

  8. #8
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nris View Post
    1] Did you accidentally enter a HC/Group area so that you faced groups of champs/elites? (Silver/gold stars)
    2] Did you use your companion, your skill points(The were resetted most likely.)and was your gear somewhat up to date? Green stuff equivalent for your level is more then enough for leveling.


    I'm not going to defend the snoozefest that is SWTOR's leveling and mission design but hard or though isn't exactly a term I would use to describe it. You will face groups of mobs regularly but those are normal mobs with maybe 1 silver mob in between. They die in 1 AoE and Guardian isn't exactly lacking in this department.

    So sorry the problem is actually you.
    snoozefest, really? I thought swtor leveling was 100 times more fun then wow... if anything wow leveling is so damn boring even MoP.
    Last edited by mmaker; 2012-12-04 at 11:47 AM.

  9. #9
    High Overlord Thundermoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    Your funny . I am not doing bad pulls ...these mobs are grouped 4+ and very tough . Im not gonna feel bad here there is a reason this game went free to play and this is one major reason ...so whatever
    Haha, you're too funny man! Swtor has plenty of problems, but this isn't it. In this case the problem is most likely the guy starring at you in the mirror.

    It's not as faceroll as WoW, but not hard either unless you have absolutely no clue what you're doing.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaker View Post
    [/COLOR]

    snoozefest, really? I thought swtor leveling was 100 times more fun then wow... if anything wow leveling is so damn boring even MoP.
    I concur, i cant get my alt past 35 in wow its so fucking boring. tor at least has some story feel to it.
    Bane

  11. #11
    If you found swtor hard, I hope you never try The Secret World. THAT's hard where leveling comes.

    Only a few missions were "hard".

    The heroic raids in swtor were retardedly easy too

  12. #12
    Grunt yoda608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rotterdam, NL
    Posts
    12
    You are doing something really bad if you can't handle the 4 mobs in SWTOR. In SWTOR there is barely any single pulling. Almost all mobs are in grps, so that means the game is actually built around that concept. WoW on the other hand was made more for singletargeting in lvling up, but it's easy to take on more than one mob with any class in WoW. What baffles me is that you say you can pull 4-5 with a DK and say you actually need potions. I take 10-15 mobs at a time mostly with my DK in Hellfire and end up with full HP without any potions. Yesterday I soloed Blood Furnace on my lvl 65 DK.
    So in conclusion, the complaint you have about SWTOR is just way off. You should really look into your own skills. I get that you want a casual playing style, but that doesn't mean games are fun if you can completely steamroll thru absolutely everything.

  13. #13
    Banned Town Drunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    World wide baby !!
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundermoose View Post
    Haha, you're too funny man! Swtor has plenty of problems, but this isn't it. In this case the problem is most likely the guy starring at you in the mirror.

    It's not as faceroll as WoW, but not hard either unless you have absolutely no clue what you're doing.
    That is your opinion and most likely because your entire life is dedicated to video cames so if anyone is less skilled then you they suck,.....good for you man your good at video games ...put that on a job application

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 03:57 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by yoda608 View Post
    You are doing something really bad if you can't handle the 4 mobs in SWTOR. In SWTOR there is barely any single pulling. Almost all mobs are in grps, so that means the game is actually built around that concept. WoW on the other hand was made more for singletargeting in lvling up, but it's easy to take on more than one mob with any class in WoW. What baffles me is that you say you can pull 4-5 with a DK and say you actually need potions. I take 10-15 mobs at a time mostly with my DK in Hellfire and end up with full HP without any potions. Yesterday I soloed Blood Furnace on my lvl 65 DK.
    So in conclusion, the complaint you have about SWTOR is just way off. You should really look into your own skills. I get that you want a casual playing style, but that doesn't mean games are fun if you can completely steamroll thru absolutely everything.
    Nice lies ...show a vid of you doing BF solo at 65 or stfu :-)

  14. #14
    I am casual, like my MMOs easy and find the game with the exception of maybe a handful of boss fights quite forgiving. The only area in Tatooine where you ever pull more than groups of four are the sand people canyons if you fight a group and a patrol stumbles into you. That would indeed be hard at 25, but can be avoided and is no serious problem at 27 or 28. Don't have a jedi knight but most classes can cc single opponents.

  15. #15
    I don't play the game, and havent for a long time, but hard pulls/mobs werent the reason I quit, the game arent any harder than WoW is.

    SWTOR has alot of issues, but claiming that hard mobs is a major issue with the game, is somewhat naive.

    And btw, I'm casual and play mmo's like 4-5 hours a week atm due to kids wife and job, you dont have to sit infront of your computer 10 hours a day, to figure out a dumb video game.

  16. #16
    Grunt yoda608's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Rotterdam, NL
    Posts
    12
    I can admit I had all heirlooms so my gear was very good for BF. But It's funny how you disregard everything ppl are replying to your original post. Don't start threads if you can't handle the truth. You might be casual, but casual doesn't necessarily mean bad player. For Christ's sake you said you were playing Jedi Guardian. Whether you play tank or DPS in that advanced class, you are made more for survival than a Jedi Sentinel. I can also tell you right now that there will be a lot more posts here that will just confirm you are bad, and not the game.
    SWTOR has many flaws, but it is DEFINITELY NOT too hard.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    Nice lies ...show a vid of you doing BF solo at 65 or stfu :-)
    Uh, I soloed Ramparts at 60 on my pally (with decent gear) in Cata. Easily too. It's really not a big deal.

  18. #18
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    312
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    On SW you dont get handed everything on a silver platter. There is a slight amount of skill required
    Haha buddy please, dont get too excited. Targeting and character movement in SWTOR is beyond fail and retarded..

  19. #19
    Banned Town Drunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    World wide baby !!
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Uh, I soloed Ramparts at 60 on my pally (with decent gear) in Cata. Easily too. It's really not a big deal.
    please link the video ?

  20. #20
    Are you managing your companion?, as in healing it and what not? TOR does actually require you to use strategy on mob pulls. You cannot just zerg shit repeatedly and expect to live. It isn't WoW.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •