Deleted

Headset £60-70 budget

Hey guys, it's been a while.

I'm looking at headsets at the moment, and really don't know anything about them in terms of specification, but would like to get the best quality for my money.

The two I've looked at so far are:

Sennheiser PC330 £62
    Razer Carcharias £66

I'm mostly buying a new headset because my old £25 one is beginning to output strange noises/turn crackily from time to time, but I'd also like a headset with a microphone that picks up as little background noise as possible. That won't be a problem next September, but until then, I'm sharing a room with my brother and the TV's about 5 feet away, so I'd rather transmit as little of that as possible.

Any other suggestions would be great of course.

I can tell you from personal experience that the Razer Carcharias is a solid choice, tho i have no tryed or read anything about the Sennheiser. So i reccomend Razer Carcharias, but if someone can give some input on the Sennheiser PC330 it would be great

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know what part of the world you're from, so can't quote uk/us prices.

But my headset is a Logitech g35. (Also use a G19 keyboard and G600 mouse).

I've not had any problems with my Logitech gear. The headset is comfortable, chunky (but not heavy) It withstands being dropped quite well xD has a very long flexible cable (stay away from wireless gear for good quality gaming) it also has hot key so u can program your P2T if you are AFK. Surround sound is great for any game - Can't recommend it enough.

Check it out.. I will say however, buying direct from Logitech is often more expensive than buy through a deal such as PC World or something similar.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Sennheiser = high quality audio company
    Razer = cheaply made "gaming" gear

Just my opinion though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by googz View Post
    Sennheiser = high quality audio company
    Razer = cheaply made "gaming" gear

Just my opinion though
    That's what I'd thought too, which is why I was a little tentative to go straight with the Carcharias.

Deleted
    headphones + mic is usually much better quality, that said if you want a headset that's fairly cheap but still decent quality take a look at these:

Plantronics Gamecom 780 - £38

Review(1), Review(2)

Deleted
    corsair vengeance 1500 pretty solid aswell basicly razer without shoddy build quality and better than average sound. (sennheiser still a beter one but that is more music orientated)

Deleted
    I use the Razer Carcharias and I have to say it's one of the most comfortable headsets I've ever worn. It was the first razer product I bought so I can't comment on the quality of the brand as a whole, but as an individual product it seems pretty well built to me.

If your priority is being able to wear a headset for a long time (sometimes I wear it for 10-12 hours straight), and it never be uncomfortable, then I highly recommend it, it's super light weight and comfy without losing any sound quality.

Sound and mic quality are good - but the mic I'd say is a little below what I've experienced with other £60+ headsets, but more than adequate for gaming/skype - when I do voiceovers for youtube videos though I use a different mic (a desktop mic in fact ) because it can pick up some background sound/static - I don't think you would notice it if just casually chatting whilst gaming etc. though.

Deleted
    Okay thanks guys, still haven't made my mind up yet, but the feedback is much appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can vouch for Notarget's suggestion, great headset especially for the price.

Deleted
    AKG GHS-1 would be my recommendation.