Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool RIFT Weekly News Roundup 2: Electric Boogaloo

Greetings fellow ascended and welcome to the second edition of my weekly news roundup, in this weeks new I'll be covering a wide variety of topics ranging from the drama, banter and tear's associated with endgame raiding and continuing race to get world first Crucia to the apprent overpowering force of Nysyr's rebuke in PVP and finally paying respect to the bad-ass-motherflippers at Community Management, while also covering other topics such as Fae Yule and how to be nice to people in expert dungeons.

Three-way Tie
    So If you have been browsing about the Dungeons and Raid's forum, you may of noticed a apprent 'legit' thread made by one and only basement lurker known as Roughraptors. In this thread he claims that in her current state Crucia is unkillable due to quite a few bugs that persist on her during her final phases, One in particular which has been slaughtering raids, is where she turns round and does her lightning breath, an ability only intended to hit the tanks on the entire raid for 60k+, resulting in a rather swift demise.

Due to this and several other factors the only way that Crucia could be killed is to have some god-like RNG, that results in this bug not occuring. Roughraptors then goes onto say that because of this he would like to declare a three-way tie between the three guilds that are extremley close to killing her, but can't due to these various bugs, these three guilds are also known as Special Olympics, No Quarter and Addiction. He goes on to say that the first kill will be from the region that gets the hotfix first and that within the first night of raiding by the three guilds listed above, all of them will defeat her, thus declaring a three-way tie between the guilds. Whether or not this scenario will actually happen will probably become apparent in the upcoming days.

One somewhat interesting solution put foward to if this where to happen is that the three guilds go head to head in a 20v20v20 Conquest match to the death, winner takes all, to decide once and for all which of the guilds is the 'World's Greatest' so that precious Epeens that come along with endgame raiding remain intact.

In a recent Livestream chat room during progression Roughraptors stated the following:

But at the end of the day the fact still remain's that:

Should be a very interesting conclusion to the Race to World first Crucia, hopefully coming within the next week, but possibly days after Crucia is downed, the top guilds will have yet another raid to sink their teeth into, Endless Eclipse, apprently coming with the release of 2.1 mean's that we will be venturing into the domain of Regulos himself...

Regulos Appears to introduce what is known as 'Boss-ception' Also known as a boss inside a boss.

Nysyr's Rebuke packing a punch
    So recently one ability has been tearing through players in the PVP scene, the cleric ability known as Nysyr's rebuke has been known to pack quite a punch dealing roughly 12k+ Damage over 3 seconds, considering the average health pool for a level 60 Player in Warfronts sits at just under 20k health, It is considered by some to be quite overpowered, One PVP'er released a video of the carnage he has been causing with this spell.

As always when people are being repeatdly smacked down by something, they grab their torches and pitchforks and head over to the official forums to complain about how 'overpowered' something is, one of the most favoured comments to how overpowered this ability is, was this comment written by Pork Star, who's avatar is ironiclly a star made of pork:

"Yes, let's raise awareness about how a 1 minute cooldown, interruptable, LOS-able skill that requires you to stand completely still and have 51 points invested in one soul is able to kill people who are not aware of your presence and under 50% health"

Due to spending my time in warfronts mostly as dominator, I'm quite enjoying the power of Nysyr's rebuke, there is nothing quite more entertaining than watching a cleric use this ability on you while you have spell reflect up and then proceed to channel it for the full duration, thus terminating the majority of their health pool and sending them back to the graveyard.

Bad-Ass Motherflippers
    So the other evening Elrar and OverloadUT decided to do a 'let's play RIFT' with the new expert dungeons in Storm Legion and as the somewhat dynamic duo attempted to do a random expert dungeon, there were quite a few slip ups, but in all honesty it was quite entertaining to watch the two of them struggle a bit in the Golem Foundary, gives you a little bit of an ego stroke when people you can play a tad better than people who spend their working life watching over the game, but then again I spend far to much time on RIFT as it is... so maybe it's more like a reality check that I should go outside and get some fresh air. Footage from the Livestream can be found on http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/344266240 (Fast foward to 0:20:40)

Although I'm still not entirely sure what OverloadUT does or where he actually came from, It would be nice to see a bit of lore of the origins of OverloadUT, Was he sent away from his dying planet Gregonum by his parents Iskhui and Hoorlath when he was a mere child, only to crash land on earth, be born and raised by human's to later discover that he has the ability to balance spoons on his nose. The lore behind this somewhat elusive figure remains a mystery, but one thing is for sure, he definitely needs to sit down and spend a few hours with the self-proclaimed cleric 'jesus' known as Ahov and brush up on his healing skills.

TL;DR - I don't know who OverloadUT is, where he came from or what he does, I just made up a random sci-fi story of his Origins.

After advertising this event on facebook one somewhat interesting fellow said that Instead of Livestreaming these dungeon runs, that Elrar and co, should go and fix a few of the persisting bugs, to which the response, reminded me why I pay my monthly subscription to ensure that these awesome people are employed.

Sleigh bells are Jingalinging
    So it is that magical time of the year once again, where if you are just a man who refuses to grow up like myself you wake up every morning, sprint down the stairs to open your advent calendar to find out that the amount of chocolate in each window has been reduced and then look at a picture of an elf or a snowmen behind the chocolate, with a face clearly mocking your bitter disappointment and reminding you that you have already payed for and opended this advent calendar so you won't be getting a refund.

But fear not, This year trion has taken the Fae Yule event to a whole new level of enjoyment, building on aspects of events that players enjoyed such as vanity games and a lot of messing about, here's a quick list of what new goodies the Fae Yule event is packing this year!
    • Fae Yule Whitefall
    • Sledding event in Iron Pine Peak
    • Snowball fights in the cities
    • Fae Yule themed Instant Adventure in existing zones complete with changing village.
    • Fae Yule Dimension Item Merchants
    • New Pets
    • A New Mount
    • Cape
    • Large Bag
    • Essences
    • Helms

As always Slipmat or as he shall hence forth be known 'The Flash', was the first on the Public Test Shard and listed all the goodies and other stuff he has found in this thread here.

One of the most awesome looking additions in this vanity mini-game known as the sled race, while I myself have had a action-packed weekend farming Torvan Hunters rep this resulted in me running out of time to log onto the PTS and check this awesome looking addition out, but don't worry 'The Flash' once again saved the day by putting up a video of the sled race for you all to Enjoy, Although he needs to work on getting rid of those black boxes :P

A Hero Rises
    Finally a few questions where answered regarding the chronicle as it was put onto the Public test shard a few days ago and it looks like it is due to be released on, I am estimating the 12th of December with Patch 2.1, this chronicle is absolutely outstanding and In all honesty I'm quite glad they took the time to fix a few bugs and perfect it before release. It is by far the best chronicle out there, pretty much every boss has a somewhat interesting and engaging mechanic that requires you to move about, jump on its back, dodge missles and well the final series of events is quite interesting to say the least, I don't want to give to much away regarding it, but I will say it is damm awesome, I made a teaser video for a month or so ago when it was on beta and I highly suggest you check it out. Also as a sidenote it is a solo chronicle so it looks like if you wipe there will only be yourself to blame! =)

Experts Dungeons are meant for fighting bosses, not each other
    Recently I've been browsing the forums and hearing a fair few of these 'Oh my group was so bad for X dungeon and Y player just didn't know any of the tactics and kept dying'. I'd like to start of by saying it's a new expansion, there are a few guides out there, but not everyone has the time to read them, people make mistakes and that's just life, but honestly there is no point crying about it. You must consider that everyone may not be as good as yourself, and try to help them and point them in the right direction, sometimes this can be hard because people are just stubborn and unwilling to learn, but literally those people that are stubborn and unwilling to take guidance are 0.3% of the playerbase. My ventures with randoms in expert dungeons have gone well because I like to do several things, which I would encourage all of you to do-

1. Upon entry to the dungeon I like to greet everyone along the lines of "Heya, How's it going" to try and strike up a bit of conversation, find out how everyone is doing and bring people close together, dungeons tend to be a lot more fun when there is a bit of banter going on
    2. Once you've established initial connection with the group, ask if anyone has not been here before, if somebody has not, then take the time to quickly run them through the key points on each boss, or on certain fights you can mark yourself and they can use you as a guide to dodge mechanics
    3. Don't rage, nobody likes somebody typing "OMGFKG NUBZ Y U BAD" I mean really it's not at all constructive and it gets you nowhere, step back a moment, figure out what is going wrong and then look at your setup and how you can adjust it to meet certain dps or healing checks
    4. Don't expect that the dungeon will be cleared in 20 minuites, I would suggest you allow at least 40 minuites to an hour for a standard expert dungeon pug, at the end of the day if you don't have the time, don't join the group

RIFT Mobile: Gettin some love!
    In the last week we have seen updates to RIFT mobile that using the application on a level 60 character will grant you Endgame rewards.
    • From the Planar Invasion scratchcard you can now get Infinity Stones, Empyrean Dust and Large amounts of Planarite
    • From the Crafty Critters scratchcard you can get various endgame crafting materials, some of which sell for quite a hefty price on the Auction House of some shards
    • From the Shinies scratchcard you can get a wide variety of both blue and green artifacts found in both Storm Legion zones, but still it is quite common to encounter old artifacts using this scratchcard
    Personally I would suggest only doing the Planar Invasion one, as Infinity stones are extremley useful for gearing up and you do need a absolute truckload of them!

Rift Guru
    So if you haven't heard, I'm attempting to make a fan-site that is the RIFT 'Font of all knowledge' and also to help build and expand the community outside of the game. So I just thought I'd do a quick update on how that is going, Last week I made a post asking if anyone would be up for volunteering and helping out and the amount of response I got for people who want to be involved in this project was unreal!. We had a bit of a roundtable on mumble and spent about 4 hours discussing idea's and making first steps to the site creation over mumble last night with a few people who read MMO champion but most of you will not know as they are self proclaimed 'lurkers'

So we have set a few targets
    • Basic version of the site up and running by mid-December
    • Mid-December through to the new year, work on adding content to the site and making it the RIFT 'Font of all knowledge'
    • Very early January throw a massive promotional launch, with competitions, giveaways, livestreams and loads of fun community stuff, We plan to giveaway not only Ingame items such as Helm of the Demon Lord, Dwarven Smithy Goggles and Hooty. but also real life 'swag' such as I acquired a massive heap of awesome RIFT T-shirts, Beanie hats and other stuff!

I recieved a lot of emails and also posts here about being Moderations and also contributing guides, which I will contact you when I have a bit more information on the quantity of people we will need, I will also shortly produce a list of content that we need additional people to write and then we can assign people to who writes what etc, and have myself obviously have a look over it all to make sure we have good quality guides with consistency, But once again thank you all for your interest and support, it does mean a lot to myself!

Anyways that concludes it for my weekly news roundup, stay tuned for next week where we will hopefully see the outcome of the world first crucia race, cover any of the weeks drama and top stories and also have a look at Volan dropping best in slot relic items... Till next time!
    Last edited by mmoc318c19303a; 2012-12-04 at 03:58 PM.

So its Nasyrys rebuke about to be nerfed ?

The roughraptor pic made me spill my drink. Oh my sides

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post

It has been nerfed once already (PvP) and as Seatin said it can be LOS'ed, interrupted and spell reflected so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    Look you, clerics had 1 OP moment in chocolate rift and that was ended.

It's our time to shine and warriors had their spotlight.

Now if zin only designed defiler to be a better aoe healer, not like we needed another tank healing soul :/

Another excellent post Seatin, but could you consider cleaning up this bit:

So the other evening Elrar and OverloadUT, Although I'm still not entirely sure what OverloadUT does, or where he came from, It would be nice to see a bit of lore of the origins of OverloadUT, Was he sent away from his dying planet Gregonum by his parents Iskhui and Hoorlath when he was a mere child, only to crash land on earth, be born and raised by human's to later discover that he has the ability to balance spoons on his nose.
    I honestly have no idea what you're talking about and couldn't read on, obsessed with making sense of "So the other evening Elrar and OverloadUT, Although..."

Deleted
    I just love these, keep it up man!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Another excellent post Seatin, but could you consider cleaning up this bit:

I honestly have no idea what you're talking about and couldn't read on, obsessed with making sense of "So the other evening Elrar and OverloadUT, Although..."

Cleared it up a bit

Awesome post, but I know when I read that NQ was the best that the rest of it was just lies, all lies. :/
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Damnit, now I need to finish hitting 60 (super casual madbad noob right here) and re-download the mobile app for my free rift loots >.<

To add more drama to the world first "race" it seems that Crucia has been hotfixed. On a Tuesday before reset. For NA only. Special Olympics were kind of expecting something like this to happen and lose the WF purely due to the US getting the hotfix a day before and were pissed enough at the thought of that, but are super duper mega pissed that it looks like if (as they expect) a US guild does kill her shortly after, they'll have an extra weeks worth of loot/relics from her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

I really like the idea of Rift Guru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by russykh View Post
    To add more drama to the world first "race" it seems that Crucia has been hotfixed. On a Tuesday before reset. For NA only. Special Olympics were kind of expecting something like this to happen and lose the WF purely due to the US getting the hotfix a day before and were pissed enough at the thought of that, but are super duper mega pissed that it looks like if (as they expect) a US guild does kill her shortly after, they'll have an extra weeks worth of loot/relics from her.
    How is it "for NA only"? Have you not seen their process for hotfixes? NA is always hotfixed first and later on in the day the EU patch is released. Either way...

The legitimate first world kill will be determined by the length of time after the hotfix (for both regions) that it took to kill. If it takes SO 4 hours to kill after a hotfix and NQ 5 hours to kill after a hotfix, then SO has the world first. If it takes NQ 1 hour after hotfix and SO 2 hours after hotfix, NQ has world first.

Those panties, untwist 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post
    How is it "for NA only"? Have you not seen their process for hotfixes? NA is always hotfixed first and later on in the day the EU patch is released. Either way...

The legitimate first world kill will be determined by the length of time after the hotfix (for both regions) that it took to kill. If it takes SO 4 hours to kill after a hotfix and NQ 5 hours to kill after a hotfix, then SO has the world first. If it takes NQ 1 hour after hotfix and SO 2 hours after hotfix, NQ has world first.

Doesn't quite work that way. the Hotfix rolled at 10:30 am US time. the EU region will be patched at 2 am, and probably rolled our at 3am or 3:30 or thereabouts. I think that if you do the math, Euro guilds would have to wait a whole lot more time to assemble raiders to tackle the encounter, unless they are able to assemble players at that ungodly hour to keep going if they even want a chance at competing for that number of hours that you've outlined in your post.

The other issue of course, is the reset. NA guilds that kill Crucia today will have access to loot today and then repeat the process tomorrow. EU guilds will lose out on that reset as well.

Its understandable that the world top guilds have a lot to be angry about.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcaek View Post

I dont know if the panties comment is aimed at me, but if it is I have no idea where you got the idea that mine were. Its the guilds competing for the world firsts that you should be telling that to (well, the EU ones anyway) and I get the feeling they know well enough how the hotfixes work enough to know if they're getting screwed. You are also completely missing that doing it this way gives them an extra reset in the US, assuming the kill in tonight, which means extra chances at relics.
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.

So the hotfix didnt really end up affecting anything after all, it didnt fix all (or enough) of the issues with Crucia, and caused a few new bugs by the sound of it. However, Special Olymics manage to power through and get the world first on it ahead of the Americans. Sounds like they had a lucky run of attempts where very few/no bugs reared their heads (much to the chagrin of others who say they've spent countless hours wiping to bugs). Ironically, a decent number of SO cant celebrate in the thread because they are banned from the forums after kicking up a stink due to the early hotfix :lol:

What starts mostly politely ends up in the thread being locked and posts deleted after people start bickering and questioning whether the kill really meant anything, particularly Ahov of Addiction who says "you may be proud of that kill, but I know I wouldnt be".

Roll on the Regulos raid!
    Just saying.

There are now several "Why is Rift turning into hello kitty adventure island" threads moaning about the changes to abilities. :/

Its a happy world.

But I must add, going through the newcomers forms sometimes warms my heart. We do have such a wonderful community, I just wish they'd get over their fear that this game is turning into X or Y MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    There are now several "Why is Rift turning into hello kitty adventure island" threads moaning about the changes to abilities. :/

Its a happy world.

But I must add, going through the newcomers forms sometimes warms my heart. We do have such a wonderful community, I just wish they'd get over their fear that this game is turning into X or Y MMO.
    Between those and the ones who are usually blathering on trying to turn it into x or y, it's enough to drive a Rift fan insane! Insane, I say! *babbles incoherently from too much forum exposure*

Oops, sorry, all over that now. But yes, it is great reading the newcomers forum at times.

The official forum whining is silly. Instead of a constructive post asking that runspeed be reevaluated due to _______ we get gems like

It's obvious Trion wants to whore themselves out to the 7 year old A.D.D. kiddies who want everything handed to them and this destroys PVP because now you can backpeddle faster and noobz can 3-shot me with that Inquisitor spell that half the clerks don't have until they log out because of hotfix (MORE ON THIS LATER) and healing is horrible and fuck rogues this ruins my immersion you inconsiderate haterz game is obv giong F2P cuz GW2 proved you don't care about RP when you cost me 745 plat when I coulda had the dimenshin for 325 $ instead so I unsubbed because QoL GG Trion its stupid skillz shuld cost money and thats my 2 cents but youd rather make bot money fishing than L2P so smt needs to get done and focus on what matters because Warrior DPS is why u lost 34,958 subs over the last 17 days instead of Fae You'll or wtv its called lol. Theres 7 types of players and ur discriminating 78% of them by hotfixing at 8am pst but fuck you're raids obv no1 tests them.

Obviously that's a made up example, but it's pretty much a summary of the popular threads bleeding out onto the forums.

lolwut. It might be because I'm a casual madbad, but I love the run speed buff hotfix. It's wonderful.