15+ Year Old Account

Post DPS DK - Magical? Physical?

Hello there,

I'm looking for someone who can tell me or recommend a website where I can find the school percentage distribution of the DD Deathknight specs damage dealt on a common patchwerk fight with normal raid conditions.

Example:

Frost:
    X % Physical damage
    Y % Frost damage
    etc

Unholy:
    etc
    etc

Thank you!

Just look at WoL and take the info they have there for Patchwerk. Granted it won't be exact but technically neither will a sim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. That site lists damage done by spells and abilities, but how do I know whats the percentage of physical damage done on that fight? I know "melee" considered as physical, maybe Obliterate also but I'm not sure, Deathknights aren't familiar to me, know only little about them.

Also, I need 5.0 or 5.1 value, maybe it has changed since the last expansion. What I'm exactly looking for is someone, who can tell me:

"In a single target bossfight with normal raid conditions Frost DKs have around X % of their damage done as physical these days."
    ..rounded by 10-ish or so. I just need a rough idea about DKs physical damage percentage.

May I ask for a replace for "X" pls?

To break down things that a frost dk normally uses, Frost Strike, Howling Blast, Death and Decay, and the dots would all be the magical portion.
    Leaving everything else (melee, Obliterate, ghoul, army, Plague Strike) as physical.

I don't main as frost but I don't believe I missed any spells there, unless you tossed in death siphon, which would also be magical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure. You could analyze someone's WoL who plays a death knight.

A good portion is physical, of course, as the only completely magical (ie, shadow or frost) attacks are death coil, howling blast, icy touch, and I think frost strike. Maybe frost strike. Most of our attacks deal additional damage of a magical type (like scourge/obliterate).

As far as I know, Frost Strike and Howling Blast are magical. Pretty sure Blood Plague and Frost Fever are physical damage, certain that Obliterate is physical. Soul Reaper... I'm thinking shadow, but not really sure. Maybe its the hit physical, the damage after the timer magical? (Does it even do any damage on application? Cant recall >.>)

Think we end up around 40% magical, give or take some. This is 2H frost, btw. Probably more like 60+% for DW, but I dont play that so not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagash View Post
    Thank you. That site lists damage done by spells and abilities, but how do I know whats the percentage of physical damage done on that fight? I know "melee" considered as physical, maybe Obliterate also but I'm not sure, Deathknights aren't familiar to me, know only little about them.

Also, I need 5.0 or 5.1 value, maybe it has changed since the last expansion. What I'm exactly looking for is someone, who can tell me:

"In a single target bossfight with normal raid conditions Frost DKs have around X % of their damage done as physical these days."
    ..rounded by 10-ish or so. I just need a rough idea about DKs physical damage percentage.

May I ask for a replace for "X" pls?

Using the world of logs that someone suggested i'd suggest you go to worldoflogs.com>rankings>mogushan vaults>10 or 25 feng. ( no aoe fight). When you check their specific damage done, the little box on the left tells what % damage they do. This does not include pets so it will need to be factored in.

I'll walk you through the frost one.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-xc...&e=1664#Shyllo

DK does 104k and his pets do ~10k. The pet damage is physical so its around 10%. Looking at the dk specifically, exactly 50% of his damage comes from either frost or shadow damage. That means the other 50% is physical. Since pet damage is 10% of his dps, and its an even 50-0 split. His physical damage ends up being ~55% ( 90% personal dps*50%) with magical damage being 45%.

Unholy is similar except you actually have to double check the pets as gargoyle is magical damage as a pet.

Edit: Fuck it i'm bored and curious myself. here is the unholy one from this parse

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/198vg...=498#Argonatch

4% gargoyle damage (magical) and 48% magical damage for 52% magical.
    20% pet damage and ~26% physical damage. for 46% physical.

Total is 98% as wol displays some things incorrectly such as counting a heal as damage and this is after factoring out stormlash and others.
    Last edited by Nangz; 2012-12-10 at 03:21 PM.

Read the tooltips of the abilities.

Everything that does something other than physical will say so.

Deleted
    On WoL:

- purple square: shadow damage
    - blue square: frost damage
    - azure square: arcane damage
    - red square: fire damage
    - green square: nature damage
    - yellow square: physical damage

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all guys, especially to Nangz for the nice guide and Italiandk for the pro tip!

Is that 50-ish percent changes on aoe fights much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hunty View Post
    Pretty sure Blood Plague and Frost Fever are physical damage
    No. Frost Fever is frost damage, Blood Plague is shadow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagash View Post
    Thank you all guys, especially to Nangz for the nice guide and Italiandk for the pro tip!

Is that 50-ish percent changes on aoe fights much?
    Yes because our aoe abilities are all magical damage.