1. #1

    Best 463 weapon for SV hunter?

    Im trying to gear up my alt and im wondering which weapon is the best for it.I know that for SV hunters its crit>haste>mastery but all these guns have different damage spreads,and i dunno what is best.Icy veins has the hit/mastery gun although masteri is the SV hunter's dump stat.Which one is the best so i know which one to upgrade and enchant?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,632
    I used the Bow from Siege of Niuzao Temple before I got the LFR bow. It has Crit/hit, it's the best 463 bow you can get afaik

  3. #3
    High Overlord Jayroyma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Karup, Denmark
    Posts
    115
    The one from Gate of the setting sun (Klatith, Fangs of the Swarm)

    Edit 1:
    Tempestuous Longbow, From Siege of Niuzao Temple is prolly easier to get though.

    Edit 2:
    Flintlocke's Blasthammer, from BMAH (if you can afford it ofc).
    Last edited by Jayroyma; 2012-12-04 at 01:30 PM.
    Main: Royma
    Alts: Tharion | Jaymano | Lalleglad |

  4. #4
    crit>mastery> haste for both BM and SV.

  5. #5
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    crit>mastery> haste for both BM and SV.
    Icy Vains and Noxxic both say Crit>Haste>Mastery for both BM and SV, where are you seeing that Mastery is better than Haste?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Icy Vains and Noxxic both say Crit>Haste>Mastery for both BM and SV, where are you seeing that Mastery is better than Haste?
    by playing the game and doing math. Haste is near worthless until you get to the point where dire beast hit 11 times every time and you cannot get that level of haste this tier.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Icy Vains and Noxxic both say Crit>Haste>Mastery for both BM and SV, where are you seeing that Mastery is better than Haste?
    Don't always go off what that site says.

    I've tested a few different setups to see what I prefer more and what yields me the most DPS. (FYI haste is very hard to calculate DPS wise as a hunter)

    Right now I'm running Crit > Mastery=Haste. I've been doing pretty good with this setup and I've been ranking pretty high on some fights as well.

  8. #8
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    by playing the game and doing math. Haste is near worthless until you get to the point where dire beast hit 11 times every time and you cannot get that level of haste this tier.
    I am glad you've proven your point with your calculated math and data.

  9. #9
    i'd think (no theorycraft done per se) that it would be crit>mast>haste, but i have been running crit>haste>mast for awhile and havent noticed much difference...HOWEVER i think maybe mastery would provide more dps in the end, even if haste gives more shots, mastery gives us more damage per shot, so over time (theory!) mastery may edge out haste, because every shot of elemental damage is goingg to be doing more damage over time...just a thought...i may tinker with it this week and reforge into crit/mastery and see if up my dps any in LFR.

    so i guess answer to the original question, take whatever bow you can get, highest ilvl the better, can reforge as needed imo

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    I am glad you've proven your point with your calculated math and data.
    ok haste right now basically does nothing but increase auto shot speed and pet attack speed. Haste return for focus gen sucks more then a new hoover..

    the first decent threshold right now is 3864 haste which gives you a 50/50 shot at getting an 11th attack on dire beast, no-one knows how much haste you need to get a 100% chance because you cannot get that much haste.

    Kennyloggins one of the best hunters in the world goes mastery for that very reason infact when i still played on Sargeras i talked with him about it for about an hour.

    Haste and Mastery are close in value however mastery is higher. Mastery is even better this week for SV then last week because of the SrS change allowing a greater percentage of overall damage to be effected by SVs mastery.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by idpersona View Post
    Im trying to gear up my alt and im wondering which weapon is the best for it.I know that for SV hunters its crit>haste>mastery but all these guns have different damage spreads,and i dunno what is best.Icy veins has the hit/mastery gun although masteri is the SV hunter's dump stat.Which one is the best so i know which one to upgrade and enchant?
    Most of your questions have already been answered, but just wanted to say that instead of damage spread, just look at weapon DPS and speed. From Cata onwards, weapons have always had the same weapon DPS if they had the same item level. When comparing weapons of the same item level, weapon DPS becomes moot. That only leaves us with weapon speed. The slower the weapon, the harder your special attacks will hit for (normalization only applies to the attack portion of weapon damage).
    Four out of five 463 weapons have a 3.0 speed and one (Brewery gun) has a 2.8 speed. That would make the Brewery gun the worst weapon based purely on it's faster speed. When taking secondary stats into account (which should be Crit > Mastery >= Haste), you want the weapon with the most crit on it. That still leaves you with three weapons with identical crit (617). The only choice left is wether you want Haste or Mastery. Mastery should be better with the buff to Serpent Sting and certainly is better on fights with multiple targets. The only 463 weapon with Crit and Mastery is the one sold by the Klaxxi at exalted, giving it the bonus of not having to rely on RNG.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Icy Vains and Noxxic both say Crit>Haste>Mastery for both BM and SV, where are you seeing that Mastery is better than Haste?
    EJ said just that when I looked. The fact that there is debate on it means it's all pretty close regardless.

    Haste is especially hard to evaluate. It has spikes and troughs that don't appear in real world testing. The only way I've ever found to get a half reliable value is to graph it in SimulationCraft and take the difference between the highest and lowest points on the Y-axis and divide that by the haste used in the Y-axis.

    In real terms, even if you only reforge your gear enough to hit the hit and exp caps and get the other stats completely wrong, the difference is likely to be <0.5% of your total DPS.

  13. #13
    You best bet is to use femaledwarf.com - import your character from the armory and run some simulations. It's the most useful tool outside of the game for hunters.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •