Deleted

Experienced perfect example of how case cooling is neccessary.

Im using a Fractal Design Core 3000 with 3 case fans. One 140mm intake in front, One 140mm exhaust on top and one 120mm exhaust in the back.
    the fans are running on max
    My CPU cooler is a 90mm Thermalright True spirit 90.

My CPU is a Phenom II x4 overclocked to 4ghz at 1.425v. It runs at about 50*C Max during load. and 35*C Idle
    One day i was playing Chivalry for an hour or so. When i stopped i noticed that my CPU was running between 63 and 68... Scared the shit out of me. (the Phenom max being 62 i was suprised it didn't shut down or crash...?)

The reason was that my case fans were not spinning at all! This happens sometimes and i have to just touch the fan controller power wire slightly and they'll start spinning again.

But i never thought that when basic case fans combined with an aftermarket cooler are not spinning, My CPU temperature will increase by over 10 degrees..
    Interesting!
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2012-12-04 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reguilea View Post
    just touch the fan controller power wire slightly and they'll start spinning again
    Sounds like the cable has bad soldering and it's coming off. If resoldering it is not an option ditch the broken fan controller and plug all case fans into motherboard directly.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Using the controller that comes with most fractal cases. Goes into an back expansion slot.
    Cant use mobo since it only has 1 connector. But thanks for the advice. Gotta do something about it.

The controller is actually plugged into a molex from the controller. But the fans start spinning again if i touch either end of the wire.
    The end connected to PSU molex or the end connected to fan controller

http://images.tweaktown.com/content/...eview_full.jpg

the molex is there, the only one you see --> https://www.dropbox.com/s/egt1fl8eiu...002_190144.jpg

Theres actually pretty much tension on the wire since it can just and just reach the PSU Molex (black end)
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2012-12-04 at 08:42 AM.

Yeah if your case fans aren't on, then you are just circulating hot air inside the case. Btw, 63-68 degrees isn't even that bad, is it?
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    The Phenom II x4 max is 62*C

Getting a decent case was certainly a lot more effective than I ever thought it would be, I used to have a cheap case that I ran with the side off and I guess the hot air used to just mill around the components because I upgraded to a HAF 922 and temps(particularly at idle) dropped dramatically so actually having a flow counts for a lot. Having your fans die on you must be worst because you are seriously restricting airflow.