Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I still don't understand why people account gold per character, instead of per account. It's silly.

    I have approximately 2.5 million gold on hand, but it's spread out amongst all 11 of my toons, with my main (which is also my banker) having the most at about 500k. So, I've never had a toon gold capped, per se, but...I have more than a million gold.

    Bagnon tells me what my total is across all 11 toons, and that's the only number I ever look at.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I still don't understand why people account gold per character, instead of per account. It's silly.

    I have approximately 2.5 million gold on hand, but it's spread out amongst all 11 of my toons, with my main (which is also my banker) having the most at about 500k. So, I've never had a toon gold capped, per se, but...I have more than a million gold.

    Bagnon tells me what my total is across all 11 toons, and that's the only number I ever look at.

    That's all I look at and all that matters. To some - hitting 1mil is a goal number, and to some "gold capping" a toon is a feat they strive for. It appears that isn't something you strive for, but I know if I ever hit it I would be happy to hit the gold cap. It would be a nice feeling to technically have so much gold that you literally can not earn any more.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    It would be a nice feeling to technically have so much gold that you literally can not earn any more.

    I agree. My goal is in fact to be gold capped, but that number is at 11 million, not 1 million (take a few copper).

    It's not hard mailing all your gold to one toon and saying you're gold capped (when you're not). Having 10 other toons with no gold on them, and trying to say I'm "gold capped", is useless, inefficient, and idiotic.
    Last edited by ablib; 2012-12-05 at 04:48 AM.

  4. #24
    Gold capped refers to the technical limitation, not some juvenlie notion similar to being "ZkIlLcApPeD!11"

  5. #25
    Maybe this is a basic question, but having never done this before, would someone be able to write up a quick actual text guide on the steps? I can buy the ore and prospect it easily enough, and send the orange, green and purple gems to xmute into metas, but after that, the recommended "what to do with all 6 color green game" and "what to do with the other 3 color blue gems" would be helpful for someone new like me trying to get started. I've also never used TradeSkillMaster before, just installed it today, and can't get anything to show up in any of the windows (i downloaded all the modules too, not sure what to do).

    Thanks much
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I agree. My goal is in fact to be gold capped, but that number is at 11 million, not 1 million (take a few copper).

    It's not hard mailing all your gold to one toon and saying you're gold capped (when you're not). Having 10 other toons with no gold on them, and trying to say I'm "gold capped", is useless, inefficient, and idiotic.
    well it's my goal to get 999999g on one character. its not more idiotic than 999999*11. it's my goal and my personal achievement, it doesnt have to sound smart to you (besides the real cap on one account/server is 999999*11*2 with a guild for each character haha) honestly it doesn't matter don't be so uptight about it, we are here to discuss the shuffle not my idiotic goals.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:58 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Maybe this is a basic question, but having never done this before, would someone be able to write up a quick actual text guide on the steps? I can buy the ore and prospect it easily enough, and send the orange, green and purple gems to xmute into metas, but after that, the recommended "what to do with all 6 color green game" and "what to do with the other 3 color blue gems" would be helpful for someone new like me trying to get started. I've also never used TradeSkillMaster before, just installed it today, and can't get anything to show up in any of the windows (i downloaded all the modules too, not sure what to do).

    Thanks much
    well, it highly depends on your server honestly. but in general you will end up with so many Serpent's eye. i recommend crafting them all into 450ilvl rings/necks (they all sell).
    as for the remaining blue/yellow/red superior quality gems, i craft them into the various kinds i have (since i have so many and the prices are not that different).
    this leaves us with the "green" quality gems, and here you have two options. one is to craft them into perfect cuts and i would say good luck to your effort trying to sell around 2000 gem of EACH color separately. Or you can craft them all into green quality necks/rings and disenchant them. this way you are actually Expanding your market by ten folds (i was always obsessed with expanding my market, because in my opinion having more different things to sell resulting from the raw material (ore in this case) will make you able to maximize your profit and speed up the selling prosses, this way you can start another shuffle much sooner than if you stick with a specific wing of the market like gems, and actually get more profit). if you think you will have so much enchanting materials than you can handle, this is not correct (scrolls sell so very much ). also you can always craft all the mats into Ethernal Shards and then buy Sha crystal CD on trade (i did this many times and so many people would rather sell their CD than buying the shards and selling the Crystal separately) but this way you will limit yourself to another small wing of the market (which is the wrist/weapon enchants) you might get more profit at the end but your profits will be much slower and honestly not that much bigger. honestly it's all about knowing the best way to utilize what you have, and at the end it depends so much on your server's economy.
    TSM would help you so much while crafting because it will show you the current price of the piece you are about to craft and it's mats cost (thus the profit you are about to make), so with little observation you will be able to decide for youself
    i recommend you watch some videos about how to set TSM, it might seem hard at start but really it's so easy once you get the hang of it.
    good luck!

  7. #27
    I only look at the gold on my account.

    The post is interesting to a point.

    As I point out in every other post ALL SERVERS ARE DIFFERENT.

    On many servers this would not work due to competition, limited supply ( Alliance and Horde AH would not amount to 2000 stacks for sale) and limited demand. Sgyffling is one thing, but selling the product is another. Some servers are a lot easuer to make gold on than others.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by basel277 View Post


    well, it highly depends on your server honestly. but in general you will end up with so many Serpent's eye. i recommend crafting them all into 450ilvl rings/necks (they all sell).

    good luck!
    lol i didnt quote the rest of it because i barely understood it and im veteran at this. I mean understood it you just didnt make it very user friendly. And i also disagreed on quite a few points. But different strokes for different folks.

    As for what i quoted thats not the best advice because some of those are actually not worth making because the mats like red rare gems and orange rare gems are more profit used elsewhere. But the roguestone shadowband is a good money maker and good place to dump your serpents eyes.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013 Attendee!
    lvl-90 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php
    lvl-86 Tauren feral Druid
    lvl-85 Troll Priest
    lvl-80 Undead Mage--Female lvl-67 Orc Rogue

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    lol i didnt quote the rest of it because i barely understood it and im veteran at this. I mean understood it you just didnt make it very user friendly. And i also disagreed on quite a few points. But different strokes for different folks.

    As for what i quoted thats not the best advice because some of those are actually not worth making because the mats like red rare gems and orange rare gems are more profit used elsewhere. But the roguestone shadowband is a good money maker and good place to dump your serpents eyes.
    yeah after rereading I know it doesn't sound so user friendly haha, but about the point you quoted, I'm really happy that you quoted that I said it highly depends on your server because on my server a ring/neck is worth 300-450ish while the orange and purple gems are worth 75g crafted and the red ones are worth around 25g

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    409
    How do you shuffle so much?

    Also I'm so happy that on my backwater realms there is not much competition so price can be kept high on lots of stuff (by gut feeling I'd say most of my cut blue quality gems sell for over 200g, and cut meta gems for over 2k)
    Last edited by Sirtus; 2012-12-05 at 07:41 PM. Reason: quoted something random

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    As for what i quoted thats not the best advice because some of those are actually not worth making because the mats like red rare gems and orange rare gems are more profit used elsewhere.
    Elsewhere where? The oranges are used for transmuting metas, obviously, but what about the reds?
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

  12. #32
    BRO! You should make this into a short guide! I would love you forever because I am terrible at making gold!

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Elsewhere where? The oranges are used for transmuting metas, obviously, but what about the reds?
    Ruby Panthers, Lord Blastington's Scopes of Doom, and just cut red gems will in some cases sell for better profit or in higher volume than Lord's Signets or Uncut Red Gems. I've prospected approximately 15,000 (750 stacks) this expansion and made about 400,000g in profit, but my cost for that Ghost Iron has been about three times on average what the OP's was. My Challenge in making money has always been about finding ways to sell at higher volumes than finding ways to sell at better margins. I sell between 8,000g and 20,000g worth of goods per day (TSM has my average at 14,000g per day) and I suspect I have about 20% of the overall market share in the relevant final products.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    BRO! You should make this into a short guide! I would love you forever because I am terrible at making gold!
    There is nothing hard about this. Its shuffling like it always been like...

    Buy ore>prospect ore>use green gems to make DE food>cut blue gems>sell enchant mats or better enchant scrolls>sell blue gems.

    Simplfied, but like...just search on youtube This method is OVER-used...everyone does it, and inn most cases it works great.

    Especially on patch-bonanza this can be awesome...talking 50k a day if you stocked up enough + maybe spend 5-10 hours on first days off big patch with new gear etc.


    Edit: Will also say, as I keep saying inn any other thread about this topic...AH playing is NOT hard, infact its very simple, to a point where learning a new class is harder. Its just booring and can be very time consuming.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    There is nothing hard about this. Its shuffling like it always been like...

    Buy ore>prospect ore>use green gems to make DE food>cut blue gems>sell enchant mats or better enchant scrolls>sell blue gems.

    Simplfied, but like...just search on youtube This method is OVER-used...everyone does it, and inn most cases it works great.

    Especially on patch-bonanza this can be awesome...talking 50k a day if you stocked up enough + maybe spend 5-10 hours on first days off big patch with new gear etc.


    Edit: Will also say, as I keep saying inn any other thread about this topic...AH playing is NOT hard, infact its very simple, to a point where learning a new class is harder. Its just booring and can be very time consuming.
    Alright, I'll have to try it! Any tips on addons to use?

  16. #36
    after less than 48hours of starting to post i'm finally done (looks like this last shuffle was an over kill and i still have so many things listed on the ah/in my bags and in the gbank.

    Edit: it says on postal i got 28c because i had to send some gold/silver and copper to my alt to be able to get those last 28c i needed haha (so postal extracted the gold i sent while the mail tab was still open).
    Last edited by Syri277; 2012-12-06 at 01:09 AM.

  17. #37
    Holy crap, man! Congrats! I think the most gold I've ever had in 6 years was like 12k or something... T_T

  18. #38
    Field Marshal Rezinol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    90
    You motivated me to finish ores I had stocked up on about a month ago! Here's what I ended up with! http://imgur.com/a/SsG8j#0

    Approximately 13k ores, can't tell you how much I spent exactly, bought ores for cheap over a few days time via remote AH. Bought them all a few weeks before 5.1 just didn't get around to prospecting them all until now. A negligible amount of ores and gems were used for personal reason. The amount of ores I had were: One character Bank full of them (all embersilk bags) and 5 Guild Bank Tabs, plus I guess 2-6 more Embersilk Bags worth.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Alright, I'll have to try it! Any tips on addons to use?
    Im sure there are many, but I only use Auctionator. Its a simple addon, that makes posting, outbidding fast + had some nice other features like buying bulks fast and whatnot.

    Its the only addon I used for AH playing, maybe there are better more advanzed addons that needs a manual before you can even understand it, I dunno, I just find auctionator to have just what I need only, nothing filler etc.

    Edit: Only problem with the addon is when you scan AH to make tooltips accurate of what an item sell, it can lagg the game if you play on a high pop realm with over 30-40k items on AH.
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Alright, I'll have to try it! Any tips on addons to use?
    well i would recommend TSM, auctioneer, Postal, Bagnon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •