Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Talking Shuffling 2000 stacks of [Ghost Iron Ore]

Hello all,
    for the past two months i have been focusing on achieving a goal i have wanted for a long time now, which is reaching the gold cap on one character.
    i started trying to achieve this goal around the time of firelands patch, but had to stop a few weeks after because i'm a student and i had to take a break.
    i started this expansion with over 300k gold on my bank alt (i used to shuffle obsidium ore in cata) and i began shuffling again two weeks after mop had started.
    shuffling has been pretty amazing this expansion, in cata we used to make profit mostly from the resulting enchanting materials, but prospecting Ghost Iron Ore gave us a lot bigger market possibilities. i have almost reached my goal now (at 886k atm and counting). the ride up to my first million has been really smooth apart from some annoying moments when a specific person started destroying the meta gem market for no apparent reason (this thread is not for discussing this^^). i was lucky to snap my last 2000 stacks of ore 1 day before 5.1 went live (meaning it was fairly cheaper than the current prices).
    i wanted to share the results of this last shuffle with a friend of mine (he is fairly new to this), so i made those screenshots to give him an idea of what he should expect if he wants to prospect this amount of ore one day. so now i would like to share this info with this board, enjoy
    TL'DR: prospecting 2000 stacks of ore, trying to reach my first million, some screenshots of the process:

screenshot #1: first step of a shuffle is prospecting the ore (duh^^), the most important gems are purple, orange and green so this screenshot tells how many you should expect from 2000stacks.

screenshot #2: after taking the gems to my Trasmute master i got 204 meta gems and still got few spares (i decided to stop making metas for no reason, and keep some colored gems to sell separately), the serpent's eye i use for all kinds of 450ilvl necks/rings.

screenshot #3: shows how many "green" quality gems i got out of the prospect. i forgot to take a screenshot of my TSM crafting module while crafting ALL kinds of superior quality gems, rings, necks and of course meta gems (to show TSM estimated profit and stuff).

screenshot #4: while crafting the disenchantables

screenshot #5: we jump here to the step where i'm done disenchanting all the green quality necks/rings, i decided to make around 40scrolls of each kind. Estimated Total mat costs/total profit is calculated from today's prices on the ah (i did a scan this morning).

screenshot #6: leftovers

screenshot #7,8 and 9: moved everything to my bank alt which has its own guild with 3tabs (note that i have some tailoring/BS pvp items and buckles here, everything else is a result of the shuffle).
    ---------------------

screenshot #10: having a heart attack when i noticed that the guy who usually fucks the prices of meta gems on my server has just went offline, i was afraid he nuked the prices xD

screenshot #11: posting first patch, and right now i'm sitting at home undercutting nonstop to finish my stash fast enough
    -------------------
    ore costed around 27ish gold per stack also i payed around 4500G for the jewelcrafter's settings.
    total spent roughly 58500G.
    ill update this post with the results soon
    thanks for reading!
    Fada - (eu)Auchindoun
    Edit: failed to cover main's name haha ^^
    Last edited by Syri277; 2012-12-04 at 02:23 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's cool. I've always wondered the long process of the ore shuffle since I never flip more than 20-30 stacks at a time and that was mainly at the start to get gems to level JC with. Bravo with your goldmaking
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Wow this process looks long and confusing for a bit. Ive never done it myself ut ive been looking for ways to make gold besides the transmutes and cards. I may give this a shot later today or tomorrow see how i do.

Willing to learn and such thanks very much for posting this tho!

Gz an all that, good job, good description, almost a guide

But apart from that, isnt there a goldcap anymore? Or well at least no number thats reachable?

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Gz an all that, good job, good description, almost a guide

But apart from that, isnt there a goldcap anymore? Or well at least no number thats reachable?
    The gold cap is 999999g 99s 99c now, used to be 214748g 36s 46c

OT: Nice 'guide' if you will, explaining all the steps, could definitely be useful for someone looking to do the same

nice.

the shuffle got me to cap in cata. havent tried it in mop thogh.

it is a little bit to much info here for me, getting confused =)

what are the main money makers in the mop shuffle?

Quote Originally Posted by roostah View Post
    nice.

the shuffle got me to cap in cata. havent tried it in mop thogh.

it is a little bit to much info here for me, getting confused =)

what are the main money makers in the mop shuffle?
    How can you get confused when the shuffle is exactly the same as in cata?

Deleted
    Is the shuffle profitable atm? I tried a few weeks ago and gems didn't sell at all and enchanting mats were extremely cheap

On Frostmourne (my realm), it is profitable, but I'll be damned if I'm going to compete with a farmer, not botter, who sits on the AH 15+ hours a day during peak times. I'll simply sell no gems because of this one guy, it's fucked.

Just curious how long it takes you to actually sell 200 meta gems (blank or cut?) plus all that other stuff. I can barely sell 4 or 5 of them at a time even with undercutting constantly on my server. It's a high pop server with someone who fancies himself as the resident AH baron. I have a JC, Enchanter and x-mute alchemist ready to go to do all this, and about 180k to start with, but want to make sure I'm not setting myself up to fail. Ghost Iron Ore is about 50-60g a stack, but I also have a miner/herber I can gather it myself on - although that would take one day short of forever since I'm not a bot.
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-12-04 at 04:05 PM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

When ore was down to 30 to 35 gold a stack, I bought about as much as you did. It took me the better part of two days to shuffle it all. I started with around 67k before buying the ore and ended up at 190k, with 100 metas to sell and 8 stacks of red gems. I couldn't bear to disenchant all that, so I used an addon to vendor all the non blue rings. With the serp eyes, I made blue 450 jewerly and mass disenchanted those for shards, in order to efficiently sell them. Enchants were blue vendor cost.

Usually, I'd make two pieces of jewelry per stack, which yield around 16 gold to a vendor. This made the rare gems I got even cheaper than normal. I'd get around 1 rare per stack, so metagems were costing now more than 108 gold to make, without counting in procs from transmuting. (And getting red, blue, and yellow gems as a side effect). I've not sold a meta gem for less than 350, so it has been hugely profitable. All the blue jewerly/shards and red gems were pure profit as well. The only problem I've had is moving so many metagems. I choose such a low price point because I didn't want to be undercut constantly. By driving others out of the market, I was able to put them up and come back with stacks sold.

Deleted
    Well at his point youve made it so hardcore maybe its time to start consider shuffle boxing.
    Imagine the same thing you did but 1/3 of the time (or if you prefer imagine x3 ores if theres enough ghost iron in your server).
    I process 10000 ores batch every weekend(theres just not space for more in the market) and even doing on 3 parallel accounts is just real pain in the....I cant imagine 4x the ammount and x3 the time each ore.

On the other side if your goal is the gold cap and you already have 860k ...well then ingore the advice ,you have already reached the goal with this batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Just curious how long it takes you to actually sell 200 meta gems (blank or cut?) plus all that other stuff. I can barely sell 4 or 5 of them at a time even with undercutting constantly on my server. It's a high pop server with someone who fancies himself as the resident AH baron. I have a JC, Enchanter and x-mute alchemist ready to go to do all this, and about 180k to start with, but want to make sure I'm not setting myself up to fail. Ghost Iron Ore is about 50-60g a stack, but I also have a miner/herber I can gather it myself on - although that would take one day short of forever since I'm not a bot.
    it's not hard, ill show you a few screenshots to elaborate:

this first one shows how long it took me to selll 50 agility metas (around 3-4days) same thing went for the others.
    ------------

this shows you today's sales, notice how many have sold in a few minutes if you are undercutting in peak time.
    ------------

this last one explains how long it takes to sell one of the rings, others hover around the same time (longer or shorter), note that the last shuffle started 15days ago (as shown from the first screenshot) which means i sold 20rings within 3-4days as well.
    hope this helps!

Very impressive. Any update to after the shuffle? Have you reached the gold cap yet?

Quote Originally Posted by RypPyr View Post
    Very impressive. Any update to after the shuffle? Have you reached the gold cap yet?
    for some reason haven't opened any mail yet hehe, but i sold 266 auction till the time of this post ^^

i would certainly only recommend this to high pop server players. Anyone in medium to low pop servers should never buy over 100 stacks to shuffle. You will risk the market the changing before you can move all of your profits.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    i would certainly only recommend this to high pop server players. Anyone in medium to low pop servers should never buy over 100 stacks to shuffle. You will risk the market the changing before you can move all of your profits.
    The OP is on a relatively high pop server - my pop is slightly lower by about 25%, but I think it might be doable still, although maybe not in that large volume. I can still try, although not in a 2000 stack volume. I've never done a "dedicated" shuffle before, only small bits and pieces just to see what happens.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Making gold isn't that hard. It's just very boring. I was capped on 3 toons and am now down to around 1.5million and have really slowed down on doing AH stuff. You might consider turning the green gems into cuts to try to make perfect ones instead of using them to DE, or do a mixture of both. Overall nice guide but at least on my realm it seems like all of the bots have left so ore prices have skyrocked (so now I'm just selling stacks of ore for at least twice what I paid for a month ago).

28g for a stack of Ghost Iron Ore? I want the economy of your server.

I do it on a medium (deathwing us) but only with 300-500 stacks and only once a week because it could take me all week to sell it all off. But I manage to make a huge profit between metas and perfect cuts. I spent 16k on ore this weekend, I have made 20k back tonight and have 25k worth of auctions still up. Really not bad. My output:input is almost a 3:1.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.