Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSGT View Post
    I suppose it depends on server and such, I just started trying to shuffle a couple days ago, and for 3 days work...I have made about 25k cuz somehow Ghost iron ore got donw about 25g a stack, so I bought em all, altogether about 220 stacks...now it's not a huge scale like this, but I got about 55 metas out of prospecting and transmuting, and then cut the most exp yellow and red gems, and so in my mind 25 k in 2-3 days isn't bad. I know people make thaqt in like an hour lol. but for me just starting I think I did well .. just try it and see how it goes. all supply and demand
    Thanks for your motivating post.
    Unfortunately the prices are 100g a stack

also if you mine, and don't mind spending time to make ur money, shouldn't take you too long to mine 100 stacks or so, maybe an hour or so of just dedicated mining, and then production is free, which makes ur profit even more

Deleted
    also if you mine, and don't mind spending time to make ur money, shouldn't take you too long to mine 100 stacks or so, maybe an hour or so of just dedicated mining, and then production is free, which makes ur profit even more
    thats not how economy works. if you could sell a stack for 100g tehn the stack still costs 100g.
    @necket: if prizes are that high, why dont you just go out and farm ores? sounds very lucrative at your server.

Deleted
    I've been doing it for quite a while since 5.2 made it worth my time again and since last Saturday I made 108k gold profit, doing the shuffle with 2-9k ore a day.
    Most of the gold comes from the metas, which I sell the most on my server, then leftover gems (red blue yellow) into cuts, also with decent profit. Sometimes I get great profit off serpent's eyes selling them for 400 each stack.

But I ran into serious problem now - no freaking ore on the AH! I play on HUGE realm which is #3 populous in EU region and there was always abundance of the ore on AH, but in last few days i'm struggling to fetch every couple hundred cos there's almost none on AH, or it's ridiculously priced. If there's ore shortage on a high pop realm I don't even want to know how crappy low-medium realm economies are. For this scale of the shuffle farming it myself is out of question, providing 6000 ore would propably take multiple hours farming connected into dead realm CRZ. I post on trade channel offering highest prices yet I get no whispers.

How do i get freaking ore, or farmers to contact me then?? I almost ran out of my 120 meta gem supply in two days and the gold train will soon stop if this will continue.
    Is trillium ore worth it? You get a blue every cast pretty much but it costs THREE HUNDRED GOLD per stack... 75g per prospect cast, gah! And you can get shitty river's heart that's worth 20g on a good day...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    I've been doing it for quite a while since 5.2 made it worth my time again and since last Saturday I made 108k gold profit, doing the shuffle with 2-9k ore a day.
    Most of the gold comes from the metas, which I sell the most on my server, then leftover gems (red blue yellow) into cuts, also with decent profit. Sometimes I get great profit off serpent's eyes selling them for 400 each stack.

But I ran into serious problem now - no freaking ore on the AH! I play on HUGE realm which is #3 populous in EU region and there was always abundance of the ore on AH, but in last few days i'm struggling to fetch every couple hundred cos there's almost none on AH, or it's ridiculously priced. If there's ore shortage on a high pop realm I don't even want to know how crappy low-medium realm economies are. For this scale of the shuffle farming it myself is out of question, providing 6000 ore would propably take multiple hours farming connected into dead realm CRZ. I post on trade channel offering highest prices yet I get no whispers.

How do i get freaking ore, or farmers to contact me then?? I almost ran out of my 120 meta gem supply in two days and the gold train will soon stop if this will continue.
    Is trillium ore worth it? You get a blue every cast pretty much but it costs THREE HUNDRED GOLD per stack... 75g per prospect cast, gah! And you can get shitty river's heart that's worth 20g on a good day...
    First of all calm down :/ The reason why ore is that much is because people didn't stock up good enough ( and i think you are one of those, no offense ) for the patch and when they blew their stock up ore in first 2 days of patch they turned to AH. Since patch hit, ore on my server has gone up from 50-60g stack to 80-100g. This also drags the price of ghost iron bars,trillium bars and living steel. You should probably wait for weekend and try to get ore when there are actually people farming it ( weekend players, etc.). If you don't get enough ore for next reset then i guess you should make a reminder for the next patch to stock up more ^^.
    edit: It same as in cata. People always have blue gems since it has biggest chance to drop from prospecting and River's Heart gems are about 60-100g on my server so i guess "shitty" medium servers actually have a good side
    Last edited by Priestamgpwn; 2013-05-24 at 12:18 PM.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

Deleted
    People need to stop thinking that farming stuff means increasing your profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Faklor View Post
    People need to stop thinking that farming stuff means increasing your profit.
    It increases profit % but not profit amount.

The time difference is worth alot since you can shuffle more ore buying it than if you are mining it yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe Blizzard banned a lot of bots which could've caused Ghost Iron Ore prices to explode.

Deleted
    Don't have too much constructive to say, but ehm... your name isnt covered in post 13 yet..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omoidaseba View Post
    Don't have too much constructive to say, but ehm... your name isnt covered in post 13 yet..
    watch TSM accounting for a good laugh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ansi View Post
    Or maybe Blizzard banned a lot of bots which could've caused Ghost Iron Ore prices to explode.
    i blame being able to level mining in pandaland

Deleted
    Some of you lot are ridiculous. I wish they banned all bots as they are artificial and people making real $ out of the game by cheating. That would then mean ore would find its true value and then all the one trick ponies sat on their backsideds in orgrimmar or stormwind who only know how to shuffle would have to adapt.

artem why does being able to mine in panda amount to an increase in prices?

Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    Some of you lot are ridiculous. I wish they banned all bots as they are artificial and people making real $ out of the game by cheating. That would then mean ore would find its true value and then all the one trick ponies sat on their backsideds in orgrimmar or stormwind who only know how to shuffle would have to adapt.

Adapt how? Ore prices make no difference. If the cost of the mats rise, the cost of the finished product (gems, enchant mats, etc) rise as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Adapt how? Ore prices make no difference. If the cost of the mats rise, the cost of the finished product (gems, enchant mats, etc) rise as well.
    No botted ore means the ore will have been farmed by legitimate means. Means that people who choose gathering as a profession then get properly rewarded and can compete far more effectively than those players who rely on bots.