Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I mean I will be harsh and completely destroy something I don't agree with, but I am never going to just ignore what waves of people are saying, with proof, and advocate that everyone quit playing a game because it sucks. Like...what is the point of that?

I don't think people understand it's ok to go apeshit on something, relent when you find out things that are appeasing or frame the situation differently, and at the end of all that still completely disagree with the game's direction without telling everyone else they are stupid (and meaning it).

I mean I personally think that they are headed to Pay to Win. The ship gear troubles me. I've expressed this, argued with people, and still feel the same way. But if it's the game for you and you don't see it that way...well, I can judge it a loss for you but I can't honestly tell you that you are doing something wrong.

People are really what is wrong with MMOs today, not the games.
    I don't have to agree with everything happening in the game. Their "cash-event" and the current ship parts aren't really something I was expecting and I do feel worried about. However, I won't go apeshit towards Bioware regarding everything they've done because apparently I still have plenty of stuff I like in the game without being affected by what they did.

If someone would have actually thought about it... you can already buy the best gear in game with real cash money, the only thing to do is invest money, turn it over to ingame currency and buy mods = best gear with real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Every day threads like this are a reminder why my desire to play this game is waning. Even if it was the best game ever, listening to people who have come out in droves since F2P go lalalala I can't hear you, this game sucks, is enough to make me want nothing to do with it.

Doesn't help that all the mods disappeared. Where are you guys? This stuff has turned into crapsville. Pretty much every thread on here needs to be closed from sheer, pointless bickering.
    Hey Kitty I'm still here btw I may not actively play SWTOR anymore so I can't fact check every claim about the game. Lots of the discussions here have a negative tone or consistently get regurgitated I understand it happens in all the forums. I personally won't shut down civil threads with "discussions" but with that being said please continue to report questionable posts and provide links to duplicate rehashing. We/I look at every report.

Deleted
    Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community! - thread in the official forums is interesting topic. The number of posts is actually going down daily since people are so happy expressing their joy with life day and the 25 fireworks they got for the 1 year anniversary.

Business as usual in Tor.
    Last edited by mmocdddb5c80e5; 2012-12-17 at 10:15 PM.

Only boiware could take a title like starwars an drive it soo far in to such a dark place

I remember this time last year.

I was discontent with the space combat but hopeful based off all their hinting that something "big" would be coming "soon".
    Overall, I was optimistic because the 1-50 experience was so good. They had the basic structure of a great game.
    However, since launch they have just been spinning their tires in the mud.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is to hardcore to be enjoyable for me . Everything is a chore and not fun ...yeah great story telling while leveling but then after that everything is a hassle .

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    Share Your 1st Anniversary Celebration Moments with the community! - thread in the official forums is interesting topic. The number of posts is actually going down daily since people are so happy expressing their joy with life day and the 25 fireworks they got for the 1 year anniversary.

Some of the posts are really funny. My mental image is poor kids with fireworks looking at cool toys in store and big BW telling them to write happy stories how they celebrate christmas.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I stopped playing after 4 months and recently picked it up again. I enjoy it because I like the single player element and the multiplayer options like group quests and flash points. Legacy is a neat idea and I don't pay attention to the Cartel market. They've polished up the interface and customization, though the draw distance still sucks and causes things to pop in. Of the newer content that I've tried, it's fun. Nothing ground breaking, but nothing extremely bad either.

So I guess, casual it's fun and fine. For serious playing it's not going to be like WoW. Plus if you pay attention to what others say, all you'll hear is butthurt over "pay to win". Cartel coin is in no way necessary. Bad players will buy gear and chars just like they do in WoW. I just don't understand all the hate for it from people who don't play it. Or people who have to prove WoW is bigger and better. Seriously, who cares? They're games. Enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    The game is to hardcore to be enjoyable for me . Everything is a chore and not fun ...yeah great story telling while leveling but then after that everything is a hassle .
    Like max level in any game isnt?

Everquest had you grind out 100s of Alternate Advancement points once hit hit max level
    DAoC had realm ranks you had to kill 1000s of people to be able to upgrade stats and gain special abilities
    WoW had you grind out tons of reps especially during TBC. Also now you are forced to do dailies for reps instead of running instances
    Rift has reps to grind and also must grind invasion events for currency to buy epics. Also Planar attunement grinding similar to Everquest AAs
    D3 has Paragon levels and just overall must farm half the day just to get a chance at decent drops
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-12-17 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongo4200 View Post
    Only boiware could take a title like starwars an drive it soo far in to such a dark place
    Still far far faaaaaaaar behind what SOE did.

Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post

Oh my...wow...I'm about 5 pages into that thread right now...I'm kinda at a loss for words...

! year later and the game still feels like it is in beta. Stuff still isn't working up to par, they break more stuff with every patch, f2p is a complete rip off yet people keep spending money on it, and the end game didn't get properly tested because they still havent opened up copying chars to PTR (though it is planned for the next patch). I keep holding on to a vain hope that bioware will unlock the full potential of this game and give its players more freedom, but then I remember its bioware and they don't believe in that. Everything is a linear set path and they don't think outside the box anymore.
    I'm on the verge of cancelling and waiting for bioware to convince me otherwise. And yes I was in the beta, pre launch, and I am a subscriber who has cleared all content in game including a Warstalker title.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    I am a subscriber who has cleared all content in game including a Warstalker title.
    That one is for clearing Denova NM? Is 16man yet cleared or are you talking about 8man?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    That one is for clearing Denova NM? Is 16man yet cleared or are you talking about 8man?
    talking about 8m and its for clearing nightmare in under 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    ! year later and the game still feels like it is in beta. Stuff still isn't working up to par, they break more stuff with every patch, f2p is a complete rip off yet people keep spending money on it, and the end game didn't get properly tested because they still havent opened up copying chars to PTR (though it is planned for the next patch). I keep holding on to a vain hope that bioware will unlock the full potential of this game and give its players more freedom, but then I remember its bioware and they don't believe in that. Everything is a linear set path and they don't think outside the box anymore.
    I'm on the verge of cancelling and waiting for bioware to convince me otherwise. And yes I was in the beta, pre launch, and I am a subscriber who has cleared all content in game including a Warstalker title.
    I do agree that at times this does feel beta. However, how is f2p a complete rip-off? It's free. If people are spending money of f2p stuff, that is their choice and they make that choice on their own. Remember, choice.

I do think they really need to fix a lot of things in game, especially when it comes to bugs. How long has the Collicoid FP turrent minigame been buggy? How about Red Reaper 1st boss? Stuff like that has been an issue forever and still needs fixing. You'd think those things would have been fixed by now. And granted that's only 2 things out of a large list.

I'd actually curious, when you read the patch notes that says "various bug fixes" what those fixes were and how many they actually fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys I wanted to ask some stuff about SWTOR and its current state . Have they done anything about juggernaut tanks ? Have they fixed the ability delays that was sometimes frustrating ? Have they fixed the game to run smoother than it did a year ago ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

I got a few questions:

1: is sniper still as shit as it was back in the first month?
    2: If sniper still sucks, which class is the most op for leveling atm?

Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    I don't know if hard-core is the right word, but everything does feel like a job. Take Ord Mantell. By the time you have hit level 10 you will have killed well North of 100 people (at least 50 in the final quest). And every single time they will be in a group of between 2 and 5 people standing in exactly the same place, neither hearing or wondering about the explosions going off 50 yards away. If there are 3 of them, two will shoot at you, and 1 will pull a sword and attempt to hit you with it. Often, you have to kill them twice because you have to go into a zone, cave, bunker and come back out. You will kill those, usually 3 or 4 man groups, hundreds of times in this game, doing the same thing every, single, time. Later on, when you still have to kill those groups, you have to spend 5 minutes on a speeder getting to each group. Yeah, it's an MMO, and that's part of the game, but it's the exact, same, fight, almost every time.

And the stories aren't that great. We accept that they are because it's unique in a MMO. But any of these stories, as a single player game, would be ripped to shreds in reviews. Honestly, I think the story telling hurt this game. I think they put so much money, time and effort there that things like pvp, crew skills, the GTN (a truly awful piece of junk), the end-game, etc., lost out.

Anyways, I unsubscribed and uninstalled. I did enjoy the pvp but even it felt like work too much of the time. It just wasn't fluid or smooth. I really wish this game was better because I like the world but I just can't get myself to stay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I remember this time last year.

I was discontent with the space combat but hopeful based off all their hinting that something "big" would be coming "soon".
    Overall, I was optimistic because the 1-50 experience was so good. They had the basic structure of a great game.
    However, since launch they have just been spinning their tires in the mud.
    i remember this time last year i was SOOO excited getting in on the 2nd day of early access and crying Havoc(trooper pun intended) as i set my dogs of war loose on the galaxy

now i can barely bring my self to log in even though i still love loosing Havoc on everything BUT Imps(outside of PvP) ive even cosnidered a return trip to that "other" mmo and looking at pandas

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 12:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    I got a few questions:

1: is sniper still as shit as it was back in the first month?
    2: If sniper still sucks, which class is the most op for leveling atm?
    i LOVE my sniper lol of course he has like 400 presence at lvl 32 and kaylio is a bit shy of 9k hp so its pretty easy peasy for me... so much so im losing interest in him cus all i do is ambush snipe snipe dead and kaylio has already killed 2 of the grp of 3 that i attk

it also helps taht i have a cypertech taht gets me all current lvl mods armorings along with a artifice that gives me all my enhancements so.....yeah this game is a sleepwalk for me now
    Last edited by WoWGoneBad; 2012-12-19 at 12:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone playing juggernaut now ? or at least the previous patch ?
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.