Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever it is, it's anything but new.

And people love teases. That's why movie trailers are so popular.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by FlacidGladiator View Post
    Has anyone noticed this besides myself? Blizzard mentions they want to do something. Its generally cool and interesting and something the majority of us want. We're titillated with whats coming in the PTR and beta test area. When implementation day comes though, its just not there. A recent comic by the Daily Blink summed it up pretty well. Like Charlie Brown wanting to kick the football, Lucy is there to yank it away at the last possible moment. I'd prefer them to keep their traps shut about possible content inclusion and changes if there's no solid intent to implement. No one likes a tease.
    noone likes ninja nerfs either, just ask demonology warlocks after yesterday.

a chaos wave nerf without any compensation to pve or pvp locks? you think locks dont use chaos wave in pve? I guess empress adds or emperor adds just kill themselves!

it's shit like this, ghostcrawler...

Has anyone noticed this besides myself? Blizzard mentions they want to do something. Its generally cool and interesting and something the majority of us want. We're titillated with whats coming in the PTR and beta test area. When implementation day comes though, its just not there. A recent comic by the Daily Blink summed it up pretty well. Like Charlie Brown wanting to kick the football, Lucy is there to yank it away at the last possible moment. I'd prefer them to keep their traps shut about possible content inclusion and changes if there's no solid intent to implement. No one likes a tease.
    Even with doing that, people still take every single word that comes out of Blizzards mouth as some kind of iron-clad promise to make something happen. See "Dance Studio" or "Ghostcrawler promised me a pony..." as a couple out of countless examples.

People also tend to mistake datamined content from PTRs as official announcements of coming features/content. I could be wrong, but I don't believe Blizzard ever specifically said that the warlock questline was coming in 5.1 or even officially previewed it in any capacity. MMO Champ and other fansites datamined all the info we have on it.

So yeah, until people stop trying to pick apart and analyze every single sylable that comes from a Blue's mouth/keyboard (which will be never) then Blizzard has to keep constantly saying things like "No promises" and "Soon" so that people don't go ballistic when they stupidly think Blizzard lied to them.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

They have always had this mantra. Since day one. Sometimes features take too long to develop, have problems and need to be held back until they're ready. Sometimes they get tried out and just plain aren't any good. Even so I prefer to have some inkling of what they're up to than be treated like a mushroom - kept in the dark and fed crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    noone likes ninja nerfs either, just ask demonology warlocks after yesterday.

a chaos wave nerf without any compensation to pve or pvp locks? you think locks dont use chaos wave in pve? I guess empress adds or emperor adds just kill themselves!

it's shit like this, ghostcrawler...
    If an ability is doing too much damage you don't give compensation for dropping its damage. What would even be the point of trying to balance if for every ability you nerfed of a class you had to buff another ability to make up for the damage loss?

Nothing on the PTR has ever EVER been guaranteed. That's why any sort of beta/ptr stuff is "subject to change".
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If an ability is doing too much damage you don't give compensation for dropping its damage. What would even be the point of trying to balance if for every ability you nerfed of a class you had to buff another ability to make up for the damage loss?
    pve demo locks got nerfed cause of pvp burst, that's the problem.

I dont see frost bomb being touched, go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    pve demo locks got nerfed cause of pvp burst, that's the problem.

I dont see frost bomb being touched, go figure.
    A 33% reduction to a spell that even on a good day equates to 6% of your damage should only drop your dps by around 2%. Which if RaidBots is any indication should drop them one spot. You fail to realize however that they still have another spec sitting right near the top if they feel so cheated about losing that 2%.

I understand them. As a game designer myself I know all about these sort of things. There are a lot of ideas that sound cool on paper and are added on the TODO list ,but the thing is that if it's only on paper it's lower prio than the rest of the content. Most of the time , other things need urgent fixing and tweaking and adding ,so ideas might get stuck to the on paper stage for a long time.