1. #1

    12/6/12 "Hidden" Steam Sale

    Was just looking through all the specials on steam and noticed... there's A LOT on sale right now.

    Posting the list of the major ones up here in case anyone has been on the fence about some titles.

    1. Left 4 Dead 1 & 2- $4.99 Each
    2. Counter-Strike: GO- $7.49
    3. Portal 2- $4.99
    4. Eve Online: Retribution- $5.00
    5. Borderlands 2- $44.99
    6. Orcs Must Die! 2- $3.74
    7. Castle Crashers- $5.09
    8. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine- $7.49
    9. Alan Wake- $7.50
    10. Serious Sam 3: BFE- $9.99
    11. Trine 2- $3.75
    12. Limbo- $2.49
    13. Magicka- $2.49
    14. Lego Batman 2- $10.19
    15. Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit- $3.74
    16. Mark of the Ninja- $10.04
    17. Lego Harry Potter- Both 'Years 1-4' and 'Years 5-7' are $6.79
    18. Deadlight- $10.04
    19. Braid- $2.50
    20. Shank 2- $3.39
    21. Awesomenauts- $4.99
    22. They Bleed Pixels- $3.39
    23. Pid- $5.99
    24. Don't Starve- $11.99




    Anyways, that's the list of some of the major ones. You just have to click the "See all specials" button to see the full list. Some DLC is up here too, most is for the games that are on sale too.

    It's quite possible that these games will be cheaper on winter sale, but some of these are as low as they usually get anyways.

    Hope someone finds this as cool as I do.

    -Happy Gaming-

  2. #2
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:鉄花まき
    Posts
    7,169
    It's not really hidden. It's a sale because of Steam Big Picture release for controller friendly games. I got a gigantic pop up once I restarted my Steam if I remember correctly.

  3. #3
    Yeah, it's the Big Picture sale. They don't have it plastered all over the client, but it's been in gaming news sites and it's in the store page if you look about a little bit. There are a few other games on sale including Sine Mora.

    Full list: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/big_picture_release

  4. #4
    all these games have been on sale for about a week? now I believe

  5. #5
    Brewmaster Tegux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    1,259
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    all these games have been on sale for about a week? now I believe
    Yup, And the sale ends on the 9th.
    ASRock 990FX - FX-8320 @ 4.2 / 10c Idle 35c Max - G.Skill Sniper 8GB 1866 - Radeon 7770 - Raidmax 850 - WD 1TB - WD 500GB

  6. #6
    Dreadlord Cludo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    781
    Always got my eye watching over the Steam Special section :P

    Bring on Xmas sale Wooooo

  7. #7
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    11,412
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Yeah, it's the Big Picture sale. They don't have it plastered all over the client, but it's been in gaming news sites and it's in the store page if you look about a little bit. There are a few other games on sale including Sine Mora.

    Full list: http://store.steampowered.com/sale/big_picture_release
    Are you plugging Sine Mora? :P
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    It's not really hidden. It's a sale because of Steam Big Picture release for controller friendly games. I got a gigantic pop up once I restarted my Steam if I remember correctly.
    I didn't it.

    I don't usually look at the sales but damn, Orcs Must Die 2 is even more cheap than it was on the Autumn Sale.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Are you plugging Sine Mora? :P
    A bit, played the demo a while back and found it quite interesting/fun. Big fan of bullet hell games, even though I am not very good at them.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Always got my eye watching over the Steam Special section :P

    Bring on Xmas sale Wooooo
    The steam sales are the best. Any game that isn't a must have at release for me always gets relegated to a steam sale Amazon had some good black friday deals this year though for digital downloads.

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Achaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    pfft as if you care..
    Posts
    2,681
    still waiting n new vegas price reduction then a 75% sale..

    may take awile but im willing to do so

    (same with skyrim once they finish all the DLC and release a goty)

  12. #12
    How about the humble bundle sale?

    https://www.humblebundle.com/

    Pay $1 or more for Steam keys for Company of Heroes (and its two full-blown expansions Opposing Fronts and Tales of Valor), Darksiders, Metro 2033, and Red Faction: Armageddon. And if you pay over the average price you’ll also receive Titan Quest, Red Faction: Armageddon Path to War DLC, and the extraordinary Saints Row: The Third!
    You can choose to share the money between THQ, Child's Play and the American Red Cross, or just have it going to one of the three possible recipients. The "average price" is $5.62 right now.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  13. #13
    Any of the cheaper games on there which are must buys?

    Edit; definately getting Portal 2, and I already have Braid. What is Magicka btw? Never heard of it but it's so cheap I might as well find out, and is Limbo worth getting? I'll wait for the winter sale for Mark of the Ninja cause it will be cheaper then... any others which are worth looking into?

    Second Edit; these games all work with normal computer mouse + keyboard setups too, right?
    Last edited by Migey; 2012-12-08 at 05:33 PM.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

  14. #14
    The best buy I made this sale was Sonic Generations. For $7.49 (75% off), it's a freaking killer game. Even after beating it I keep gravitating back to it despite having literally dozens of other games to play that I haven't played yet. There's a lot of replayability, and if you grew up with the Sonic games for the Genesis you'll feel right at home with this game. Oh and as a plus, the required content to progress the story is not very difficult and game overs are not punishing at all. It's great for those who haven't played platformers in a while, all the super challenging content is optional.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Any of the cheaper games on there which are must buys?

    Edit; definately getting Portal 2, and I already have Braid. What is Magicka btw? Never heard of it but it's so cheap I might as well find out, and is Limbo worth getting? I'll wait for the winter sale for Mark of the Ninja cause it will be cheaper then... any others which are worth looking into?

    Second Edit; these games all work with normal computer mouse + keyboard setups too, right?
    Magicka is definitely one of most fun co-op out there, I wouldn't recommend it if you intend on playing it solo though. Same goes for Orcs Must(Co-Op) Die 2. Limbo is a small fun indie game, quite good.

  16. #16
    Bought Limbo and Portal 2. What is Magicka exactly?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

  17. #17
    Moderator Remilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Avatar:鉄花まき
    Posts
    7,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Demidov View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Any of the cheaper games on there which are must buys?

    Edit; definately getting Portal 2, and I already have Braid. What is Magicka btw? Never heard of it but it's so cheap I might as well find out, and is Limbo worth getting? I'll wait for the winter sale for Mark of the Ninja cause it will be cheaper then... any others which are worth looking into?

    Second Edit; these games all work with normal computer mouse + keyboard setups too, right?
    Magicka is definitely one of most fun co-op out there, I wouldn't recommend it if you intend on playing it solo though. Same goes for Orcs Must(Co-Op) Die 2. Limbo is a small fun indie game, quite good.
    You forgot the hapless murdering of your fellow friends for Magicka.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •