Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Please tell me you're joking. It looks awful, even for a rip off. Not to mention Sony barely has any recognizable characters.
    Well, good thing is, they're not using only Sony characters. My favorite character to use is Big Daddy.
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation...ale/Characters
    There's the list, and I'm very damn surprised in the lack of Final Fantasy characters. Could be added in DLC, or a sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure why Bioshock's Big Daddy is in there. It was hardly a Playstation-exclusive game.

Then again, Smash Bros Brawl has Solid Snake...
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

It didn't really feel as good as ssbb though for me but I've been playing that series forever.

Well i like it, yes it was launched a bit prematurely but it's still fun for a while, and sony does have a lot of iconic characters, backing all the way to the ps1, even tho some games may not be exclusive to playstation anymore, their still iconic. (just to mention a few, god of war, uncharted, infamous, shadow of the colossus, crash bandicoot, heavy rain, little big, heavenly sword, killzone, tomba, liar etc.)
    Call it a rip off if you want, but just because it looks the same don't mean it plays the same.
    Besides as i said, it's one of the bigger ps3/vita games to finally incorporate cross platform play, not to mention the graphics are next to identical, may not be everyones cup of tea, but it's a step in the right direction for sony. And about time too!

I don't mind ripoffs. I do mind ripoffs when one of the core mechanics is a smash ball, because we know how fun getting instagibbed by some bullshit OP move is! How hard is it for game developers to do some fucking research before they make the game. At least they didn't add tripping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to buy this game because I love SSB but don't have a Wii (it shocks me that anyone does..), but after I've seen everyone knocking it, I feel like it might be a waste of money. I don't mind the fact that it's a clear imitation, but if it's not a fun imitation then I'm not going to drop 60 bucks.

The thing people don't realize it IS fun, i am enjoying myself none stop, people just knock it because it's a rip off but plays nothing like smash bros, i mean there is combos and you can actually make your own. Besides i always say don't listen to others until you try it yourself, otherwise how do you know if you actually like anything for yourself other than going on other peoples opinions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harléquin View Post
    The thing people don't realize it IS fun, i am enjoying myself none stop, people just knock it because it's a rip off but plays nothing like smash bros, i mean there is combos and you can actually make your own. Besides i always say don't listen to others until you try it yourself, otherwise how do you know if you actually like anything for yourself other than going on other peoples opinions.
    just because YOUR having fun doesnt mean the game IS fun. its an opinion and not fact.. im sorry but people can make opinions without trying or doing something. like i know i wont like to be stabbed and i wont wait until ive been stabbed to make an opinion. (bit overdramatic but you know what i mean)
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-12-05 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    just because YOUR having fun doesnt mean the game IS fun. its an opinion and not fact.. im sorry but people can make opinions without trying or doing something. like i know i wont like to be stabbed and i wont wait until ive been stabbed to make an opinion. (bit overdramatic but you know what i mean)
    What someone finds fun and what you find fun is always subjective. There is no objective 'fun' when it comes to any game, media, etc related.
    Your opinion is no different than his/hers.

I see that this has not improved since the E3 showing.
    : /

I am just so glad I still have a working n64 and super smash bros.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    There are plenty of Mario Kart knock offs.

Hell, Rare did its own Mario Kart knock off ON THE NINTENDO 64 with Diddy Kong Racing (everyone else seemed to like it, I thought it was horrible).
    Hey! Diddy Kong Racing was 10x better than Mario Kart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    What someone finds fun and what you find fun is always subjective. There is no objective 'fun' when it comes to any game, media, etc related.
    Your opinion is no different than his/hers.
    i never said it was.. but he is confused? that people dont find the game fun because he does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    i never said it was.. but he is confused? that people dont find the game fun because he does.
    mmm misread. Quote his and it'd make more sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I was going to buy this game because I love SSB but don't have a Wii (it shocks me that anyone does..), but after I've seen everyone knocking it, I feel like it might be a waste of money. I don't mind the fact that it's a clear imitation, but if it's not a fun imitation then I'm not going to drop 60 bucks.
    Yea, I was in the same boat, bu the Vita budle I got came with AC:Liberation and this game for free, and I enjoy both of them.

Also have to agree, trailers and gameplay videos of fighting games don't really do said games any justice because you will more than likely not be playing like them. It's a fun game, but taking seriously it can get a little boring, fast. I enjoy it as something to past the time. I have a feeling PS+ might be giving this one away for free. They could easily make money back once they start releasing more dlc, more stages, characters, weapons, and unlockables.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, good thing is, they're not using only Sony characters. My favorite character to use is Big Daddy.
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation...ale/Characters
    There's the list, and I'm very damn surprised in the lack of Final Fantasy characters. Could be added in DLC, or a sequel.
    The fact that Sweet Tooth is on there makes me happy and brings back some amazing Twisted Metal memories. Love those games!

They should use more third party characters and bring back some of the ps1 iconic characters like Jersey Devil and Captain Blasto! I mean I know some of you will hnnng right in the nostalgia when you see the picture.

Prince of Persia (Don't remeber his name)
    Altair/ Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
    Leon (Resident Evil)
    Cloud (Final Fantasy)
    Crash Bandicoot
    Spyro
    Captain Blasto
    Jersey Devil
    Old Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
    Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
    Gex
    Last edited by iadamson; 2012-12-06 at 01:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike a few people in this thread, I'm not angry with your for enjoying yourself :P You're entitled to enjoy the game you bought. I've played SSBB, and I think the issue I was most unsure about was this game being centered around the Smash Ball item. I don't think it's particularly fun, and while All Stars looks like good ol' fashioned SSB fighting which I love, I don't think I'd enjoy the way you have to kill people, especially if it's not balanced.

In SSB some characters were better than others obviously, but a few people mentioned some gross imbalances with characters in this game which concerns me. You're right though, I should try a game out before I write it off.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    They should use more third party characters and bring back some of the ps1 iconic characters like Jersey Devil and Captain Blasto! I mean I know some of you will hnnng right in the nostalgia when you see the picture.

Prince of Persia (Don't remeber his name)
    Altair/ Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
    Leon (Resident Evil)
    Cloud (Final Fantasy)
    Crash Bandicoot
    Spyro
    Captain Blasto
    Jersey Devil
    Old Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
    Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
    Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
    Gex
    I agree, I think it's kinda crazy that they didn't include Laura Croft (easily more iconic than most of the game's roster), Cloud (he brought TONS of players to the Playstation), Crash (lol...this is like having SSB without Mario), and Spyro (also a huge money maker for Sony). The developers probably left them out, though, because the rights to use them were too expensive. That's my guess at least.

no spyro and no crash is a freaking travesty. /cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing special about it. I played it at my friends and the whole time i wanted to pop Melee or Brawl in.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Doesn't seem that interesting. Also no one has the amount of iconic characters nintendo has
    I beg to differ, Seeing as though most of Brawl consists of Multiple Characters from the same games. Games which have 200 sequels across 3 platforms.

I am also surprised Spyro isnt in it. With the explosion of popularity from the Skylanders series you'd think they would add it due to people just wanting to own another Spyro product.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!