Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

They're probably saving the iconic characters for DLC...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if there is a ton of extra stuff to do in this game like SSBM? Melee had trophies, hit the target modes, and a bunch of special fights that led to a high amount of collectable items. I'm not interested in buying just another fighting game, but I'd be interested in a game that could keep me busy for awhile.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Does anyone know if there is a ton of extra stuff to do in this game like SSBM? Melee had trophies, hit the target modes, and a bunch of special fights that led to a high amount of collectable items. I'm not interested in buying just another fighting game, but I'd be interested in a game that could keep me busy for awhile.
    There's no hit the target mode or anything that involves your character doing things that don't involve fighting, only arcade modes, tournaments, online play, and versus matches that are just quick matches and stuff like that. There's a crap ton of unlockables though. Ranging from editing what your card is when you're playing online, like Call of Duty, to what beginning/ending taunt your character does. Unlocking those is only a matter of leveling up each individual character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care if its a SSB clone or not, is it fun? The last SSB game was like 500 years and the best one game out 750 years ago. I was thinking about picking this up. Might get LBP:Karting too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    There's no hit the target mode or anything that involves your character doing things that don't involve fighting, only arcade modes, tournaments, online play, and versus matches that are just quick matches and stuff like that. There's a crap ton of unlockables though. Ranging from editing what your card is when you're playing online, like Call of Duty, to what beginning/ending taunt your character does. Unlocking those is only a matter of leveling up each individual character.
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the heads up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Well, good thing is, they're not using only Sony characters. My favorite character to use is Big Daddy.
    http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation...ale/Characters
    There's the list, and I'm very damn surprised in the lack of Final Fantasy characters. Could be added in DLC, or a sequel.
    I figured it's because they already have Dissidia, so they didn't care to add Final Fantasy characters. Who knows though.
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Unfortunately, you're probably right.

I love playing as Parappa, Sackboy and Raiden. It's a pretty fun game but it needs further polishing.
    Also the lack of Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Final Fantasy is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Hey, Good Cole and Evil Cole are totally recognisable!
    Not sure if that's sarcasm. Sony has a ton of iconic characters. Maybe even to rival Nintendo.

Remember Final Fantasy has been PS exclusive. Same with Metal Gear Solid. Little Big Planet. Probably lots more.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I hope not =/

DLC's when done like that are a plague. I like Skyrim DLC's...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Not sure if that's sarcasm. Sony has a ton of iconic characters. Maybe even to rival Nintendo.

Remember Final Fantasy has been PS exclusive. Same with Metal Gear Solid. Little Big Planet. Probably lots more.
    talking nonsense mate.. they havent. metal gear solid wasnt exclusive, final fantasy 7 wasnt either.. or did you mean those other really famous sequels Sackboy is probably the closest id say to being iconic (but i could probably count them on one hand if forced to pick some).
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-12-06 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    talking nonsense mate.. they havent. metal gear solid wasnt exclusive, final fantasy 7 wasnt either.. or did you mean those other really famous sequels Sackboy is probably the closest id say to being iconic (but i could probably count them on one hand if forced to pick some).
    Final Fantasy for Playstation from 9 to 12 was Playstation only (Skip 11, that's the MMO). 7, 8, had PC makes. Those didn't fare as well as the PS one.

I wasn't aware having a PC port factored at all in the console wars.

I guess an Xbox All Stars game can't have Halo characters then. [/extreme sarcasm]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Final Fantasy for Playstation from 9 to 12 was Playstation only (Skip 11, that's the MMO). 7, 8, had PC makes. Those didn't fare as well as the PS one.
    im not saying they werent exclusive but when people talk about iconic final fantasy characters they usually mean Cloud and Sephiroth because even if you havent played a single FF game you have a decent chance of knowing who they're. I honestly couldnt name one final fantasy character other than those 2.. and ive played a few lol (but im terrible with names).

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I wasn't aware having a PC port factored at all in the console wars.

I guess an Xbox All Stars game can't have Halo characters then. [/extreme sarcasm]
    how did you get from being exclusive to console wars.. the mind boggles. When talking about cross-platform I include the pc aswell. The fact halo has been exclusive for another 6 titles means id class him as exclusive. If Solid snake, Cloud, sephiroth, lara croft, etc etc had one cross platform game but then several sequels exclusive to playstation id class them as exclusive characters but they dont so i dont think of them as that either.

The problem is that this isnt called All-Star Battle Royal but PLAYSTATION All-Stars..
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-12-07 at 09:53 PM.

Based on a few videos I watched, I would choose SSB over this every time. I somehow miss that "OMFG what the hell is going on" feeling SSB has. To little effects, to little weird items, to many grey characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    im not saying they werent exclusive but when people talk about iconic final fantasy characters they usually mean Cloud and Sephiroth because even if you havent played a single FF game you have a decent chance of knowing who they're. I honestly couldnt name one final fantasy character other than those 2.. and ive played a few lol (but im terrible with names).

how did you get from being exclusive to console wars.. the mind boggles. When talking about cross-platform I include the pc aswell. The fact halo has been exclusive for another 6 titles means id class him as exclusive. If Solid snake, Cloud, sephiroth, lara croft, etc etc had one cross platform game but then several sequels exclusive to playstation id class them as exclusive characters but they dont so i dont think of them as that either.

The problem is that this isnt called All-Star Battle Royal but PLAYSTATION All-Stars..
    Wut.

Sephiroth and Cloud are in MULTIPLE Playstation Titles, and 1 bad PC port/afew failed Mobile phone games. Solid Snake is PRIMARILY Playstation. With only a couple of Direct ports to Xbox360 for US reception and a remake on Gamecube which didn't meet expectations thus no more were released.. Lara Croft I can understand though since everyone of her games was cross-platform.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

PS All-Stars is decent, but the thought of competitive play makes my sides hurt from laughter. I mean, I can't even take competitive Smash Bros seriously.

I'll be really pissed off if the team behind PS All-Stars doesn't come out with a new, more legit fighting game. You can't waste all of that talent on something like THIS.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Wut.

Sephiroth and Cloud are in MULTIPLE Playstation Titles, and 1 bad PC port/afew failed Mobile phone games. Solid Snake is PRIMARILY Playstation. With only a couple of Direct ports to Xbox360 for US reception and a remake on Gamecube which didn't meet expectations thus no more were released.. Lara Croft I can understand though since everyone of her games was cross-platform.
    lol yes cloud has also been in multiple nintendo titles too so whats your point.. will ignore solid snake as he's already in ssbb and hell playstation has what 2 exclusive metal gear titles excluding the card game.

anyways im gonna ignore this thread as it'll only go round and round and its taking away from what the thread is about. regarding whats iconic to each his own.