1. #1

    weapons decision

    First off, I know that there has been a lot of similar threads to this, so for that I am sorry. The problem is that in all of these threads the answer is the same "sim it". I have never simmed for this game and frankly I can't be bothered downloading it and learning how to use it properly, so I was hoping to just get some advice. Yesterday I finally got Starshatter normal and I immediately upgraded it (mistake possibly) then today I got the one handed sword from LFR Sha of Fear, and I do have the gem ready to put in it, I also have an LFR Scimitar of the Seven stars (one handed sword from Amber shaper). So, do I stick with 2h or do I swap to the DW? I can pick up different playstyles quite well, so I would prefer to know which is technically better, not "whichever you play best"

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86140 - Starshatter

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86906 - Sha wep

    http://www.wowhead.com/item=86863 - Amber shaper wep

    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...roshi/advanced - armory

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Play whatever you'd like - it's only gonna make a 1-2K dps max and that's providing you play perfectly.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroshi View Post
    First off, I know that there has been a lot of similar threads to this, so for that I am sorry. The problem is that in all of these threads the answer is the same "sim it". I have never simmed for this game and frankly I can't be bothered downloading it and learning how to use it properly, so I was hoping to just get some advice.
    Sim it. Don't ask people to do the work for you.
    Alpha. Top 100 World.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Sim it. Don't ask people to do the work for you.
    Don't exactly need to post just to say the one response he asked not to hear.


    Go with what PowerGamez said, what ever you fancy most will be fine. And a 1k difference (assuming perfect play in both) is negligible if you're not pushing bleeding edge content - which you wouldn't be asking this if you were. So, play whatever. I personally would go with 2H frost as it is easier IMO, and is affected more by weapon damage, which, with the normal version and having already spend the points upgrading it, you will see more from Starshatter.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I personally would go with 2H frost as it is easier IMO, and is affected more by weapon damage, which, with the normal version and having already spend the points upgrading it, you will see more from Starshatter.
    So a normal Starshatter upgraded twice is better then the LFR Sha weapon upgraded twice wíth the legendary gem? Because i came to the point where i can start upgrading things now, and if the above is the case, i'd upgrade my Starshatter (or start with trinks, i'm not sure still). :-)

  6. #6
    Mechagnome Italiandk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dô yöû even liƒt¿
    Posts
    671
    Stick with 2h.
    Death Knight -> Italiandk
    Shaman -> Cashrain
    Paladin -> Healyoutru
    Priest -> Ängel
    Monk -> Skadoosh
    Mage -> Icydeath

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Stick with 2h.
    Ow dang, i ment Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion, the 2h LFR axe.
    So the question remains :-)
    Last edited by DeadKennedy; 2012-12-07 at 10:55 AM.

  8. #8
    Starshatter normal is better than LFR Shin´ka yes.

  9. #9
    Mechagnome Italiandk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Dô yöû even liƒt¿
    Posts
    671
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadKennedy View Post
    Ow dang, i ment Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion, the 2h LFR axe.
    So the question remains :-)
    Sorry I was answering to the OP :P

    You should check there Heroic Starshatter Vs Normal Shin'ka.

    The thread is about Starshatter HC vs Shin'ka N but it applies to Starshatter N vs Shin'ka LFR aswell.
    Death Knight -> Italiandk
    Shaman -> Cashrain
    Paladin -> Healyoutru
    Priest -> Ängel
    Monk -> Skadoosh
    Mage -> Icydeath

  10. #10
    @ Slagge: tx!

    Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Sorry I was answering to the OP :P

    You should check there Heroic Starshatter Vs Normal Shin'ka.

    The thread is about Starshatter HC vs Shin'ka N but it applies to Starshatter N vs Shin'ka LFR aswell.
    Hehe, my bad. :-)
    Tx, i will check it out!
    Last edited by DeadKennedy; 2012-12-07 at 11:15 AM.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadKennedy View Post
    So a normal Starshatter upgraded twice is better then the LFR Sha weapon upgraded twice wíth the legendary gem? Because i came to the point where i can start upgrading things now, and if the above is the case, i'd upgrade my Starshatter (or start with trinks, i'm not sure still). :-)
    Yes. And definitely weapons first. Weapons > trinkets > BiS gear for upgrading.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •