Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The guy giving advice for the shaman alluded to it, but it goes for other classes as well:

In the downtime between you killing a wave and the next wave spawning, hit Elegon. However, don't blow CDs on him or anything. Just use abilities that will help you unload on the next wave by restoring your resource, stacking procs, etc.

Deleted
    make sure your DK is usinmg blood boil just as draw opower ends to spread diseases to em all, this should help a little if he isnt already, makes a huge difference as unholy not so sure with blood, but can only help.

another thing i struggle to remember a mage doing such low dps in this expansion, might be worth having a word.

also make sure your ranged aren't killing orbs that a melee runs too, take others first
    Last edited by mmoc3f6b26f27f; 2012-12-04 at 05:54 PM.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=7236&e=7802

Was our first kill.

Phase 1: 2 melee on boss whole time. Rest of DPS kill Protectors. (2 adds this phase)
    Phase 2: Kill 4 sets of orbs. Use personal CDs on 4th orb. (If you can kill 4 orbs, you can kill boss) Have each tank help a person thats having the hardest time with their orb. Who ever has hardest time killing 4th orb. After 4th orb, focus boss till next phase.
    Phase 3: Make sure 1 Brez on each side. Just in case. Kill northern Pillar, Middle pillar, Bottom pillar (by control panel).

Phase 1*: 2 melee on boss whole time. Rest kill adds (3 adds this phase)
    Phase 2*: Kill 4 sets of orbs. Use personal CDs on 4th orb. (If you can kill 4 orbs, you can kill boss)
    Phase 3*: Make sure 1 Brez on each side. Just in case. Kill northern Pillar, Middle pillar, Bottom pillar (by control panel).

Phase 4: Drop Stacks at 6-10. Lust @ 25% + Personals + Potions. Loot boss.

Also, re: the ones telling you to kick people, I originally didn't go there since you weren't soliciting advice on that but simply the Elegon fight. Not everyone is going to be performing in the top 5% and that's okay. A lot of people giving you advice are more progression-oriented so they will be quicker to suggest dropping people.

That said, I also don't recommend coddling people who show no sign of getting better or making any effort. You want the bulk of your group to be about on the same level. Even just one severe under-performer can hold a group back, and it causes lots of frustration. [I'm not implicating your husband here. Switching from heals to dps is a big change.] Your goal should be 10 consistent raiders who do their own homework regarding their classes. You doing most of the research and spearheading boss strats is fine, but they should still be aware of the mechanics and general approaches to fights.

Having melee rather than ranged sticking to boss seems unwise since they need to move out to drop stacks.

For charges: I'd wager it's been said already, but you need to say "We're doing X waves", kill the X waves, and then use the last unkilled wave to put some burn on the boss. If you do 95% of the damage required to kill all 6 charges, that damage is 100% wasted, so plan for a number and stick to it. Don't go as many as you can. FWIW, 4 is plenty to beat enrage unless you're burst heavy and hae an easier time on the charges than on dps in general.

You will probably have to cap the protectors at 2 for first phase and 3 for second time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but your Ele shaman needs to see a doctor immediately.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak for much but I can say as an arcane mage, that's really, really low. This fight is catered to arcane mages, very little movement and 50% damage increase while standing in the zone. There is no way an arcane mage at 481 should be pulling less than 90k dps. We haven't finished the fight but I don't think ive ever been lower than 90k and at the top i was 130k

Make sure that your dps are getting the damage buff during the orbs phase. One of our dps was paranoid about falling through the floor, and so he stood outside the circle during Draw Power and lost a ton of bonus dps due to that. Knowing when and how to drop stacks and where to move is key to finishing this fight. Big damage in this phase only happens when the orbs explode, so they can build up stacks during Draw Power without fear of hurting healer mana.

Also, you might assign your dps who are inconsistent or struggling to the two closer orbs, so that they don't have to move as far and can spend more time pushing buttons.

Deleted
    We also had the same problem with Elegon for weeks. We solved it by changing DPS assignements and taking pots to kill the waves.

>They are getting 3 its the 4th I believe we are struggling on.
    The first time you get into p2 after the 3rd wave, order the raid to take pots. This will make sure that you get at least the fourth wave down, if it looks really good, then you can try to kill the 5th wave. (Assign the tanks to the weakest players) If not ignore the 5th wave and DPS the boss. Make sure that the DPS is on the inner ring when dealing damage to the waves (and boss) and resetting their stacks after each wave. The second time in p2 take personal large CDs after the third wave is down. You might consider using the PhoenixStyle addon to report the use of pots and who don't take them. In our raid this worked out really well.

>All Ranged & Melee are on the add.
    You need to maximize DPS on the boss. Put one or two range DPS solely on the boss.

>Also Neji I have asked everyone to triple check talents/rotations/stat priority/etc but I may have to go
    >and thoroughly inspect each one myself to better assist them, and us in downing him, thank you very much!
    I randomly do it as well with our raid members. But it is better to educate the members in your raid. Make an ingame calendar entry and show them
    how they can use websites like AskMrRobot, wowreforge and the addon Reforgelite. Use one of your guild members, ask them before if it is ok, and walk them through these tools, but do not take the one who is missing the most.. I got many request and questions from our raid members, so I had to do it multiple times.

Thank you all for all the feedback I am going to implement it all and go check everyones characters personally Our Shaman I ust talked to and that attempt he was still in his healing gear I believe but since then has reforged/gemmed for Ele so he is all prepared for tonights raid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alwayshealing View Post
    Thank you all for all the feedback I am going to implement it all and go check everyones characters personally Our Shaman I ust talked to and that attempt he was still in his healing gear I believe but since then has reforged/gemmed for Ele so he is all prepared for tonights raid
    best of luck to you!
    not long ago we were standing there aswell, needed something like 70 trys or so cause our healers suck

10+ Year Old Account
    Was the try not the same as the gear I just saw? The gear I saw is well reforged now so he should do better. If he didnt reforge from healing gear he probably had way too much spirit and crit, but while that would be better, it won't suddenly make him do 30k dps more, may be 5-10k. so in the end he would still need to check his rotation/priorities and such

I will suggest that to my Lock Keldion, thank you! Also Neji I have asked everyone to triple check talents/rotations/stat priority/etc but I may have to go and thoroughly inspect each one myself to better assist them, and us in downing him, thank you very much!

You're a good raid leader for taking the time and effort to assist your team mates like this - I hope they appreciate the work you're doing and the effort you've taken to find some answers. Good luck in there!
    --
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nejji/advanced
    “All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.”

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of Elegon's issues were caused by people not necessarily understanding how the encounter worked. We found that people were contributing low DPS because they were off the glass for too long (particularly during P2) and we often threw away DPS trying to nail the 4th orb spawn when simply getting the 3rd and then pouring the damage onto the boss served us much better.

We also found that dealing with the Celestial Protector spawn can be far more efficient than when we were trying it. You probably want to use ranged players (three, probably?) so that melee can just run out to drop their stacks, then get stuck right back in again.

Looking at your logs again, I see that the mage has a pretty low uptime on the Touch of the Titans buff. She's got it for 58% of the fight, everyone else has it for around 70% of the fight. Have her watch her movement and positioning and she'll put up better numbers.

Don't know if this has been said, but make sure that dps save their short CDs or powerful non spammable attacks for the later orbs (3rd, 4th, 5th, whichever ones youre getting to). As a shadow priest, I can pretty much MS the first ones down, while using MB and SWD on each at least once to get orbs to save a devouring plague. Obviously, different classes are different, but don't be afraid to tell raiders to only use spammable abilities on elegon while the sparks aren't up. The majority of damage you deal is going to come from the final phase when you're on the platform, and being able to successfully get 4, 5, or even 6 stacks of the debuff each time is imperative to being able to accomplish this.

TLDR; make sure raiders aren't using cd abilities on Elegon and saving them for orbs, especially the later ones that come faster.

well for starters your tank shouldn't be pulling more damage than half of your dps.

Everyone in our raid group is a min iLv of 481 that I know of. I am wondering what else I could do as the Raid lead to assist them. Again I thank you all for taking time to look over this and give advice, thank you!
    Tell your lock to seed of corruption the boss when he starts his casts on the sparks, and then a soulburn seed of corruption on the adds, will help your whole raid + his spark will die so fast like this.

I have about ilvl 481 aswell and I push 150k DPS like that .

We can easily get 6 sparks down since when they spawn my seeds explode and their all on 70%, makes it so much easier.
    And he should keep his dots up while doing this so they insta explode when the sparks spawn.

forgot to mention he'll need manaroth fury for this which increase AoE range by 500% in 25 man warlocks can all just do this and nuke all orbs down easy mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't feel too bad. Elegon was a bit of a wall for us too. We're on the low side with DPS, to - wWe do two adds/four sparks in the first phase, and three adds/three sparks in the second. We had a decent strategy from the start that didn't require too many tweaks, it just took a lot of wipes to get the performance consistency needed for everything to go right where we weren't missing sparks or mucking up and dying to adds. The hardest thing for us really is tank deaths; you get a breath and a big add popping at the same time, and it's pretty hairy.

If you can get each of your lowest DPSer to improve even a little bit, it will help enormously.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Wow thank you all so much for the tips and support I even had someone come to my realm and help assess our group today~! I am so excited to go in there tonight and down him I have talked to some of our raiders but not all and I plan on it well before the raid begins. Thanks again!