Deleted

Questions about Demons

So, probably slowpoke moment, but unable to find any extensive reasoning. Coming from Cata, we all know that MoP was designed for "take whatever you want" mentality when it comes to Demons and Talents, but there's always going to be something that does more DPS. Looking through the MoP guides, all I can ever see is that the Felhunter/Observer is the choice for Destruction and Affliction, and Felguard for Demonology. My question is: Why?

I can understand the end result, they give more DPS than the others, but I haven't found the reasoning behind it. Is it that their spells deal more damage than the others? Is it that they have an auto-attack not bound to their spells (I thought the Fel Energy was to fix the OOM issues, but might be wrong)? Is it that melee have more uptime? Or that the Silence/Stun is too useful in a PvE setting? Personally, I'd love to use other demons since I think they can be more useful (Succubus' auto CC for PvP against Rogues, Imp because he's cute, etc). I've been able to find literally zero information on this, so basically main questions to the Warlock community are:

1) Is the difference between the "optimum" Demons and the others big, or is it a case of min-maxing? Would a non-high end player need to use the "optimum" 24/7?
    2) Has Fel Energy fixed the "no auto-attack" issue of the Succubus and Imp?
    3) Demo question: Does the Fel-/Wrathguard give more Fury than others? Does the Fel-/Wrathguard just immediatly replace all other demons?
    4) Is the Voidwalker still purely a tanking Demon? Or does he have other synergy (thinking the Disarm) to give a reason to use him in PvP

Thanks for reading.

1 No.
    2 Yes.
    3 Felguard is parsed as superior because of your ability to take the double summon talent. (barely noticeable)
    4 Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Yes, 'guard certainly is for Demo, and Sac for Affliction is streets ahead of using a pet. For Destruction, Havoc renders pets irrelevent where it can be used. On single target, if you're moving a lot then a pet starts to become useful.
    2) Yes. Well, Succubus has an autoattack again anyway.
    3) Felguard is only marginally ahead of Wrathguard because of Service, and I think there purely because of the Felstorm, but they both hit significantly harder than their regular counterparts.
    4) Yes.

1] Would a non-high end player need to use the "optimum" 24/7?

Was his/her question, and the answer would be no. While some pets or sacrifice is better, you don't need to use the optimum pet to be a positive contributor to your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    Was his/her question, and the answer would be no. While some pets or sacrifice is better, you don't need to use the optimum pet to be a positive contributor to your group.
    There's some fights where you may swap pets just for utility purposes, but other than that, if there's nothing else I don't get why you shouldn't use the optimum pet to be a contributor. There's absolutely no other cost to getting even the smallest bit of damage/contribution to your group.

Deleted
    Thanks all. Like I said, I haven't paid much indepth attention since end-Wrath/early Cata, and couldn't find anything indepth. :P

As for "why not use what's optimum anyway"... I hate the Felhunter. It's purely an aesthetic choice, of course, but I -really- prefer the Succubus. That's the whole point of the "how much DPS difference", since if it is very big, I'd feel obligated to use something I don't want to (in, admittedly, lower-end PvE/P).