Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I can oneshot people on my resto shaman in those conditions.It means NOTHING.
    Infact that you're falling for this says more about you thene it does about pvp.
    Letting the sit. Talking about one shotting people with PvP gear.

    That's how broken PvP has become..."it means nothing" even.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    Berserker buff or not, million damage crits are just messed up, and btw, that was a prot warrior and no ordinary arms warrior.
    Now I am not sure if you are trolling because you think its funny or you really just are ignorant about what is happening in the video.

    I will give you the benefit of doubt and explain it to you one more time.... both teams queued together and they all stand around doing nothing for literally 20 minutes to let the 2 players stack the orb buff and debuff up to a ridiculous amount. This is more than just picking up berserker and popping all cooldowns it is a deliberately staged fight that requires everyone on both teams to be in on it.

    If you still don't understand after this then I don't know what else to say.

  3. #23
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,996
    I watched the entire video. In the ones where he did really high damage he had the orb and stuff. Also... don't take swifty videos seriously.

    But you are right, WoW pvp is broken as fuck.

  4. #24
    High Overlord Blitzking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern Cleft of Nagrand.
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by vryer View Post
    You just made my day.

    More the likes of you should quit.
    By human logic. you can see that pvp is messed up.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 06:07 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Derpyhooves View Post
    Now I am not sure if you are trolling because you think its funny or you really just are ignorant about what is happening in the video.

    I will give you the benefit of doubt and explain it to you one more time.... both teams queued together and they all stand around doing nothing for literally 20 minutes to let the 2 players stack the orb buff and debuff up to a ridiculous amount. This is more than just picking up berserker and popping all cooldowns it is a deliberately staged fight that requires everyone on both teams to be in on it.

    If you still don't understand after this then I don't know what else to say.
    So according to you, a 93 million damage crit is normal?

  5. #25
    Dreadlord glowzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bucket of sponges
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    Berserker buff or not, million damage crits are just messed up, and btw, that was a prot warrior and no ordinary arms warrior.
    You just fail to see my point, I don't care if he's prot, you could do this without a talentbuild at all and still do crits that would two shot anything.
    It's the buffs, nothing more nothing less.

    Why do you think he's doing this in bg's?
    Surely he could go oneshot people in arena right?

    It's set up, can be done with any class, any hard hitting ability, swifty just happens to play warrior.

  6. #26
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    for all the nay-sayers that didnt watch that video because swifty made it. how about this one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4dGchNsnlo
    congratulations

    you've posted a video from an old build of the game

    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Tbh I agree. Warriors were hardly nerfed at all. As a Rogue with close to 60% resilience, I get stunlocked to death by warriors. It is very noteworthy that I can't even solo warriors with 40% health.

    This whole situation reminds me very much of 2009 and WOTLK Death Knights.
    really? because it reminds me of rogues no less than 6 months ago

    So according to you, a 93 million damage crit is normal?
    do you even know what temple of kotmogu is?
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  7. #27
    I'm sorry...did I see a post about a rogue whining that he got stunlocked? Seriously? Why didn't you trinket, l2p, insert various other excuses rogues use when people talk about their stuns.

  8. #28
    Dreadlord glowzone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Bucket of sponges
    Posts
    899
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Letting the sit. Talking about one shotting people with PvP gear.

    That's how broken PvP has become..."it means nothing" even.
    That's because it's in a bg where you're suppose to be able to take down a carrier with ease after a while...if a carrier holds the orb long enough, and gets the huuuuuuuge damage taken debuff, thene ofc this stuff will happen, has nothing to do with pvp being broken, it's just how the battleground works, it's to avoid the "hey we got the orb first so let's turtle" stuff.

  9. #29
    Everyone knows PvP sucks right now, and sucks more each expansion than the previous one. Both damage and healing are too good. Swifty is a crappy point of reference though, just some overrated WoW player that does nothing impressive but somehow has a lot of fans.

  10. #30
    this is the worst video to prove pvp is imbalanced. just watch any cartoonz video and any warrior arena video in MoP.
    lol frost bomb

  11. #31
    Lets see, huge health pools, crazy healing, how in fucks name do we combat those to things? ZOMG, we'll allow players to do big damage...

    But, what the fuck, Blizzard, I don't want big damage...

    Go play that shit game TOR if you want small health pools with low damage.

  12. #32
    Swifty (A guy who lives and breathes WoW, it's his job) pulls every buff he can, has a naked player sit down so he can test crits =/= Broken PvP.

  13. #33
    The irony is that this is taken completely out of context and is in fact a terrible way to manage resources in PvP

    Sure it's possible to talent for every 'on use' abiltity, pop them all at once along with pots, trinkets and external buffs and become Godly for a few brief moments. After that though you're an easy target and by no means a threat.

    This has always been the case in PvP, with almost all classes.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzking View Post
    So according to you, a 93 million damage crit is normal?
    Hey I tried really patiently to explain the video to you 2 times now why that damage isn't normal.

    That response just proves you are trolling. Go get another hobby or something.

  15. #35
    The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Basking in the Light
    Posts
    3,255
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    That's because it's in a bg where you're suppose to be able to take down a carrier with ease after a while...
    Not one shotting. I never seen one shots on PvP geared players at end-game. Even with many stacks a player wasn't simply one shotted. Two or three hits (massive crits) but not one shots.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire frigoffrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    451
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Tbh I agree. Warriors were hardly nerfed at all. As a Rogue with close to 60% resilience, I get stunlocked to death by warriors. It is very noteworthy that I can't even solo warriors with 40% health.

    This whole situation reminds me very much of 2009 and WOTLK Death Knights.
    Once second wind is triggered... good god look out.

  17. #37
    *Boom!*
    "Is he going to you?.....oh"

    LOL

  18. #38
    High Overlord Blitzking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern Cleft of Nagrand.
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    congratulations

    you've posted a video from an old build of the game



    really? because it reminds me of rogues no less than 6 months ago



    do you even know what temple of kotmogu is?
    Old build really? that was 2 weeks ago. Only diffference with warriors is avatar can now be cced.
    Rogues back in cata never one shotted anyone for huge crits. They hit you very fast with small attacks. Its called burst.
    And btw, berserker buffs only increase your damage by 10%. Temple increases your damage by 20% or so. A 30% buff should never give you a 93 million crit.
    Warriors are broken atm.

    ---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 08:57 PM ----------

    Please someone, give a decent explaination.

  19. #39
    dont worry, ghostcrawler thinks that being globalled with TFB stacks or a frost bomb is fair. as are blanket silences since they require "skill, to prevent instants".

    greg street, you have never stepped into an arena in your life. you are a fucking idiot without any idea on the state of pvp. it is time to resign.

    god, it feels good to say what I think without fear of the gestapo mods on the official forums.

  20. #40
    Blizzard:

    "Let's add res as a base stat to everyone so they all have a fair chance in pvp!"
    "Yeah, that's great! Let's do it!"
    "And then let's add another stat called pvp power that negates that stat!"
    "Yeah, even better!"

    How does that make any sense to anyone? Did they think that out at all?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •