Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    In other words, poor people in rich countires are giving aid, to line the pockets of rich people in poor countries.

http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2012/...ll-never-work/

This is why, at least with more at home organizations close to your own country, you have far more guarantee of doing any good with your money. If you think giving a few pounds/dollars to help dying children in a third world country will make a difference, your just making it worse. Keep your money, give it to at home charities. Its awful, but you really won't make any difference despite what the aid foundations tell you.
    I am glad the proceeds of this pet are going to charity.

Hi Trassk,

Thanks for the link, it was a nice read. It's always good to educate the masses on enigmas like Foreign Aid; FYI Foreign Aid is quite a contentious issue in the UK right now so your thoughts and link are well received here at least !

Cool thing that they are giving the money to charity.
    Love how everyone is saying that they bought the pet because of the charity, lies all of them.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Love how everyone is saying that they bought the pet because of the charity, lies all of them.
    I don't think people are lying... but the charity part probably helps a lot of people 'decide' on purchasing it. I purchased two, one for myself and the other my girlfriend; but I wouldn't have gotten either if it wasn't for the charity part. So did I do it for charity? No. Did I do it for the pet? No. It's both, it's a win win situation, and that's how I see most people purchasing this pet.

Oh and lighten up :P

Quote Originally Posted by NineK View Post
    Dont think they could care less, this goes to the USA victims of Sandy only, not a cent to Carribien victims that imo was hit worse, not in dollar damage but in human life and human suffering.
    Doesnt surprise me. How many died with sandy anyways, I think was like 5. I remember they once doing for japan but after that I think they forgot the world is bigger than just USA.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Doesnt surprise me. How many died with sandy anyways, I think was like 5. I remember they once doing for japan but after that I think they forgot the world is bigger than just USA.
    http://live.nydailynews.com/Event/Tr...ricane_Sandy_2

"Hurricane Sandy killed at least 106 people in the U.S. and 41 in New York City. At its peak, 8.5 million people had no power. down from a peak of 8.5 million."

It was so hard to google and not make yourself look dumb?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
    Why would europe have to pay more to give americans ? It's their fault afterall, the storms are directly related to global warming.
    It's mean, but i laughed out loud there XD

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 04:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    I don't buy pets/mounts from the store, since i'm allready paying them. So out of princip i refuse to pay more, even for the "goodies".
    But since all the money goes elsewhere i can consider it, and i'm too lazy to actually donate money. I'm a bad person that consider giving money because i get something on top of it :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

ITT: Stupid arguments about greedy corporations, snide sniping about the benefits of various charities, and the same doggerel about American foreign policy that is in honest to god every thread in every site on the internet.

Have we all lost site of what's really important here?

CUTE KITTIES!!!! DAWWW!!!!

*Ow ow ow*

Where'd I put that asbestos raincoat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinnyGod View Post
    http://live.nydailynews.com/Event/Tr...ricane_Sandy_2

"Hurricane Sandy killed at least 106 people in the U.S. and 41 in New York City. At its peak, 8.5 million people had no power. down from a peak of 8.5 million."

It was so hard to google and not make yourself look dumb?
    Still nothing compared to other tragedies that hit other places than USA. The deaths are one thing but power loss? You could had taken off that part buddy. Nobody cares if you or someone else cant play wow for a couple of hours. USA its not the only place in the world that has issues you know.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee <3