Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prickikorven View Post
    Why not support the kids in Africa? So they can play WoW with us =)
    read what I just posted it really isn't something to laugh about.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    some of us do :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberess View Post
    some of us do :P
    Then I pity you.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    Money for USA? no thanks
    Cute pet though.
    cancelled your subs yet then????

10+ Year Old Account
    Trassk to the rescue.

I will be buying this pet, as buying it now is more charitable than buying it later.

I'm a little pissed that when I bought lil'Rag he wasn't a donation pet, as the baby moonkin (that I don't care for) was the donation pet and I didn't realize it till it was too late.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You should realize some truth to what world charities are and what happens with them, this is something so many people don't want to admit to themselves.

World aid organizations, ones that try to get you to give money to poorer countries or war torn countries, it does not matter how much money you give them, you could have every major celebrity give millions to these aid organizations for help starving children and people dying of disease over there...

And those children will still be dying and the people will still be contacting disease, and continue to live in poverty. The aid organizations are powerless to help those people, because every bit of aid that comes to them, goes into the pockets of the evil bastards that take everything from the poor people in those countries.

In other words, poor people in rich countires are giving aid, to line the pockets of rich people in poor countries.

http://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2012/...ll-never-work/

This is why, at least with more at home organizations close to your own country, you have far more guarantee of doing any good with your money. If you think giving a few pounds/dollars to help dying children in a third world country will make a difference, your just making it worse. Keep your money, give it to at home charities. Its awful, but you really won't make any difference despite what the aid foundations tell you.
    I know all that stuff, I'm very suspect about all charities but while we are discussing back n forth, the tigers are gonna get extinct if we all say "yeah, I'd love to help but...who knows where the money really goes?"

Not to sound rude to teh yanks here, but this sandy thing was a while ago...haven't they gotten all the help they needed? Like what is Blizz providing? An extra blanket? People are still wet n hungry right now?.. I mean any help they would get would benefit how, now that the crisis is over and all emergency agencies how done their work weeks ago? Here's an extra blanket cuz u got wet weeks ago?..I'm curious, what does this help actually do?

10+ Year Old Account
    10 bucks??? For a pet?? Haha... and they said blizzard isn't trying to nickel and dime you where ever they go... ohh my sides hurt.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    10$ 10€? >_>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    10 bucks??? For a pet?? Haha... and they said blizzard isn't trying to nickel and dime you where ever they go... ohh my sides hurt.
    I guess you didn't notice that ALL other pets cost the same, and have done for a long, long time..

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    ..I'm curious, what does this help actually do?
    Here's a tidbit on what American Red Cross is going to do with future donations:
    Any funds donated for Sandy beyond what is needed for emergency relief will be put to use serving the long-term needs of those affected by this disaster. The Red Cross is already working with communities to determine unmet needs and how they can be met—something which will continue into the recovery process.

The Red Cross is developing specific plans that will include a comprehensive needs assessment of the affected communities and individuals; plans that will identify resources available from both the Red Cross and other organizations. Recognizing that each community will have different needs, and different groups working to meet them, the role of the Red Cross will be determined by these local needs. What’s crucial is that there is community collaboration and cooperation to ensure that longer-term help reaches people who need it.
    source: http://www.redcross.org/news/press-r...perstorm-Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    All the pets are $10. 100% of the proceeds from the Cinder Kitty go to American Red Cross until Dec 31st.

In 2009, the Pandaren Monk enabled World of Warcraft players to raise over $1,100,000 in support of the Make-A-Wish foundation. Make-A-Wish foundation has branches serving in 47 countries.

In 2010, the Moonkin Hatchling enabled World of Warcraft players to raise over $800,000 in support of the Make-A-Wish foundation.

In 2011, the Cenarion Hatchling enabled World of Warcraft players to raise over $1,900,000 in support of the American Red Cross's Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami relief efforts.

Why is it a problem that Blizzard sells a pet for the American Red Cross's Hurricane Sandy relief effort when they have an annual history of doing charity pet sales, which benefit other nations within Blizzard's subscription base? The primary "profit" period is all given to charity, while only the residual revenue (what is made after the initial release) hits their P&L. At least Blizzard doesn't do like some companies and try to sell junk items to "support a cause". They offer items their base actually shows an interest in.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 04:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrew View Post
    10$ 10€? >_>
    Maybe you should report Blizzard to the UN for currency manipulation? lol.

Deleted
    As usual Europeans have to pay more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scerick View Post
    100% of the proceeds go to charity. Why are you complaining?

Also, these pets and mounts don't just create themselves, they are designed by artists who are paid salaries. I'm not denying that it is a ridiculous profit margin for Blizzard, but they are putting hard work in to provide you OPTIONAL CONTENT that you are in no way shape or form required to buy.

Plus I bought 2, one for me and one for you since you're obviously not buying one. But you can't has it!
    Hey, pet for charity is fine. Charging 10 bucks is fine for it too. But "these pets and mounts" are mostly just reskins of existing in-game mounts and pets. So yes, they basically create themselves. It isn't hard work at all.

If any of these pets are worth $10 in dev time, we all should be paying $25,000 or more for each expansion on a dev time basis.

I honestly don't care if Blizzard makes a crapload of money on mini pets. Good for them, it's good business. But don't tell me any of this is to pay for salaries or that it takes hard work to do. This is all cherries on top of the proverbial sundae. The amount of content we get for our monthly fee is a piss poor return on investment. But that is why Vivendi can ask for 8 Billion dollars for their 61% stake in Activision/Blizzard. They get the most money out of their clients for the least amount of actual effort they can get away with. It's the right thing to do for investors and the bottom line but you cannot tell me we couldn't get more "stuff" for our money and have Blizzard still be super profitable.

New pets and mounts are cool. And if people wish to pay Blizzard more money for them, that is their choice. But to think ANY mount or pet sold on the Blizzard store is anything but 100% profit to Blizzard (or in this case, a donation to a good cause) is just naivety.

Also, it's a slick move making $ and € equal in value. I do a lot of work in both the USA and UK/EU and if I billed my UK/EU with the same values as USA with just a different symbol, they would rapidly move elsewhere.
    Last edited by Eisaderfrau; 2012-12-04 at 10:13 PM.
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

I guess we won't see the Wildsteed until next week since all mount are half price this week ..

Have we found out why there is 4 colors in total ? Guess NPC stuff ?

Deleted
    Fyi Blizz $10 = 7euro, or £6, not the inflated £9 you want for it.

I,ll liv with my lil kt for now

Deleted
    EU pays more again, more on pets more on subscriptions,

Deleted
    £10 $10 I don't care! If i pay a little extra... good it means helping people who need it.

Sometimes i just play to get away from the depression of Real Life then i see posts like this and realize there just isn't any escape, some people on this thread make me sick >.>'
    Blizzard could of posted "Free ($/£)100,000 for everyone!" and there would still be miserable folk on here trolling and bringing it down for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckd View Post
    Fyi Blizz $10 = 7euro, or £6, not the inflated £9 you want for it.

I,ll liv with my lil kt for now
    UK has higher tax rates then the US, go complain to David Cameron instead.

Looks like Blizzard are digging up some unused rep rewards from the Firelands dailies.

Deleted
    I don't really care about the charity aspect...this is simply one of the most awesome pets out there.
    Insta-Buy!