Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Pulling Extra Trash in LFR

Sometimes I like to pull the extra trash in HoF LFR in the first big trash pack room. The incentives are obvious (more gold, chance at epics / blues / greens), so I pull them when I am tanking, and even if im not, i get the raid to kill them by ninja pulling them.

Why would blizzard put more trash than is needed to pull to get through the instance, if there was no incentive to kill them in the first place? Should LFR raid groups start pulling ALL the trash in LFR?

Sure wipes can and will happen when pulling extra trash, but why not kill them if blizzard put them there?

Deleted
    I know the trash you mean, it's probably to bulk up the view. Make it seem like you have a choice in which way you guy when really you don't. Not sure why they didn't just make them un-pullable though like in empress's room.

On a side note, I am a fan of instances where there are 2 paths to the same boss, 2 different sets of trash etc á la black temple.

Deleted
    LFR doesn't drop epics from trash mobs, and there are far better ways to make gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    LFR doesn't drop epics from trash mobs, and there are far better ways to make gold.
    You are dead wrong.

I saw epics drop from MSV in LFR. Get your facts straight before posting next time.

Wow... blizz added trash epic drops to LFR? very nice - lfr trash probably even easier to solo farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You are dead wrong.

I saw epics drop from MSV in LFR. Get your facts straight before posting next time.
    That's a blatant lie, you're an obvious troll.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-04 at 07:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    That's a blatant lie, you're an obvious troll.
    Not lying in the least bit. Again, check your facts before posting.

I believe the drop rate is extremely low compared to normal raiding, but again i saw them drop, they are there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to see a single epic drop from any LFR's trash. I have seen blue BoE's drop (and some healer needed on a 442 ring. Really?)

Keep it civil. Stop calling people trolls or liars. Asking for proof is fine, being rude is not

Not lying in the least bit. Again, check your facts before posting.

I believe the drop rate is extremely low compared to normal raiding, but again i saw them drop, they are there.
    LFR trash can drop world BoE epics (at the standard ridiculously low rate). Just like it can drop BoE Blues. But LFR cannot drop not instance epics. Perhaps you saw world drops or are misremembering.

There is really no incentive whatsoever for killing more trash in LFR than you absolutely have to. The extra 15 gold is not worth it. Plus, it pisses people off. I'm sure you already discovered this and you created this thread looking for vindication of your behavior. You won't find it.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-12-04 at 07:37 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Even though I typically don't agree with Jaylock I can confirm that epics drop in LFR. An epic str ring dropped and someone who was a druid bear tank needed on it. They caught a lot of shit for it until they called for a re-roll and then traded the ring to the winner. We didnt think they could trade the ring in LFR but it turns out you can. People don't seem to understand that if you need for something you cant sell it on the auction house, which is why the bear needed on it.

Also Jaylock, just because you are right and someone was wrong does not mean you have to be disrespectful to them, you can just correct them with some form of dignity.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-12-04 at 07:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Even though I typically don't agree with Jaylock I can confirm that epics drop in LFR. An epic str ring dropped and someone who was a druid bear tank needed on it. They caught a lot of shit for it until they called for a re-roll and then traded the ring to the winner. We didnt think they could trade the ring in LFR but it turns out you can. People don't seem to understand that if you need for something you cant sell it on the auction house, which is why the bear needed on it.

Also Jaylock, just because you are right and someone was wrong does not mean you have to be disrespectful to them, you can just correct them with some form of dignity.
    I was dignified, I simply said check his facts before posting something wrong again as I wouldn't want him to continue embarrassing himself. Plus he got infracted for breaking forum rules, so shouldn't you direct your request for dignified correction at him?

I will note that I have done every lfr every week since we could do lfrs as my guild is not ready for raids yet (casuals) and I have only seen 1 epic drop.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:38 PM ----------

I was dignified, I simply said check his facts before posting something wrong again as I wouldn't want him to continue embarrassing himself. Plus he got infracted for breaking forum rules, so shouldn't you direct your request for dignified correction at him?
    Yes, you absolutely drip with dignity.

the only epics that drop are world drops.
    you'd have better luck farming mobs by yourself to get those.

I was dignified, I simply said check his facts before posting something wrong again as I wouldn't want him to continue embarrassing himself.
    Unless your argument for killing LFR trash is the ridiculously small chance at landing a world epic, you are the one who is incorrect.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Backseat moderating generally won't land you any brownie points. You came off as arrogant and rightly so you were called out on it. Denying it just makes this thread silly. OT: The boes that drop are 476 and really useless to sell, similar to the use of the ZA/ZG boe epics that dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

The fact is that they have a chance to drop world epics just like if you went into the the world, killed 10 mobs they would have the same chance of dropping an epic like 10 LFR trash mobs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Unless your argument for killing LFR trash is the ridiculously small chance at landing a world epic, you are the one who is incorrect.
    Frankly I see this as a topic that does not require debate. His group can decide if they like him pulling things or not. They can choose to boot him if they so choose, it only takes a few people getting rubbed the wrong way to boot him. If they are willing to put up with his superiority antics then thats their problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    *Sigh* when are you going to learn that the primary goal of Jaylock threads seem to be to incite negative feelings and arguments. I'm amazed that he hasn't been infracted.

After all: "Keep it civil. Stop calling people trolls or liars. Asking for proof is fine, being rude is not" and "Get your facts straight before posting next time. " certainly isn't snarky/rude at all! ::eyerolls::

I wish I knew why calling a duck, a duck caused infractions on these boards.
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    Backseat moderating generally won't land you any brownie points. You came off as arrogant and rightly so you were called out on it. Denying it just makes this thread silly. OT: The boes that drop are 476 and really useless to sell, similar to the use of the ZA/ZG boe epics that dropped.
    Actually people will pay for it merely because they can throw cash at it with a character that needs the ilevel to get into raids. They will also pay a sizable amount if there are no others like it on sale. Not everyone is rich, but for those that are they tend to be so rich they spend their money just to get rid of it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    *Sigh* when are you going to learn that the primary goal of Jaylock threads seem to be to incite negative feelings and arguments. I'm amazed that he hasn't been infracted.

After all: "Keep it civil. Stop calling people trolls or liars. Asking for proof is fine, being rude is not" and "Get your facts straight before posting next time. " certainly isn't snarky/rude at all! ::eyerolls::

I wish I knew why calling a duck, a duck caused infractions on these boards.
    I don't think he is trying to do that, that would require actually setting a goal to do that. He just does it because it is his nature. Don't hate a shark for biting or a duck for flying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a BoP epic tanking cloak drop on the trash on the way to Elegon in MSV LFR one of the first weeks I went in there. I remember because a rogue ninja'd it and the upset tanks couldn't understand why someone would do that.

Personally...I wouldn't pull any extra trash if it could be avoided. As much as I enjoy LFR I'm usually on a limited time frame when I go in there and I anticipate many others are as well.