Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    17,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Off, didn't you know unigine's engine is being used in some games? :P
    Would sure hope it is, I think it would be pointless if it wasn't - and stupid, considering it is a superb engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Online dating turned into circumcision discussion. Good job MMO-C, it only took 25 pages.
    My Ridiculous Computer Setup

    MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: Beer, Games, Opinions
    | CPU Overclocking Thread | GPU Overclocking Thread

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Would sure hope it is, I think it would be pointless if it wasn't - and stupid, considering it is a superb engine.
    One thing is pretty sure about their engine, it's enormous cpu friendly. During a benchmark run with ultra settings and even on 1080p, the cpu goes max 15%

    Oil rush supports their engine -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0aA_9E7n5ro

    Nothing against Crysis's new engine :P Did you try their new engine sdk out? Pretty cool

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    One thing is pretty sure about their engine, it's enormous cpu friendly. During a benchmark run with ultra settings and even on 1080p, the cpu goes max 15%

    Oil rush supports their engine -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=0aA_9E7n5ro

    Nothing against Crysis's new engine :P Did you try their new engine sdk out? Pretty cool
    It doesn't stress the CPU because it's a GPU benchmark... In an actual game using the engine the CPU would be doing a lot more work with physics calculations, mathematical tasks, AI, etc.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

    build pics

  4. #24
    I am Murloc! Cyanotical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,526
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    One thing is pretty sure about their engine, it's enormous cpu friendly. During a benchmark run with ultra settings and even on 1080p, the cpu goes max 15%
    CPU friendly would make efficeint use of CPU resources, a CPU friendly benchmark would push the CPU to 100% using all available resources to maximize performance

    i7-6700K | Z170 Class. K | 16GB DDR4-3200 | GTX-980ti | Samsung 950 Pro RAID0 | SuperNOVA 1Kw P2 | Lian Li PC-07S
    ROG Swift PG348Q | Ducky DSX | Zowie ZA11 | Xonar Essence One | Tannoy Reveal 402

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    It doesn't stress the CPU because it's a GPU benchmark... In an actual game using the engine the CPU would be doing a lot more work with physics calculations, mathematical tasks, AI, etc.
    Furmark is a gpu bench as well but it's burning a single core to 100%. 3dmark vantage really soaks more from the cpu than unigine, mean their first 2 tests.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •