1. #1

    Game pc building Question

    I want to spend about $500 on a build pc.I want it to be build to play world of warcraft.


    I have a samsung P2770HD a raver keyboard and mouse. I want to play HD with world of worldcraft.


    i from the usa.

    I want to have a i5 cpu.But not sure what other hardware i would need.Is there a tower that keep my pc clean?

    I hope you guys can give me some ideas?

  2. #2
    First you should take a look at these two links below. Second its going to be very hard to squeeze an i5 into a 500 dollar build and marests 560 build is probably the most balanced system in that price range. You could replace the 6870 with a 7850 for fairly close to the same price. But if you go i5 you will be unbalancing your system with a budget of 500.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds

    Budget Gaming 560
    MoBo: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP – $69.99
    CPU: Intel i3 3220 – $129.99
    RAM: G.Skill 1600MHz 2x4GB – $33.99
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6870 – $164.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB – $69.99
    PSU: Antec VP-450W – $35.99 Review
    Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha – $49.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $565
    CPU:i5 [email protected] GPU:HIS 5870 Mobo:Asrock Z77Extreme4 RAM:8Gb GSkill Ripjaw@1600MhzCase:CoolerMaster Haf 932 FT Cooling: Corsair H60 HDD:2Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Corsair 750 tx KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Mamba

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    First you should take a look at these two links below. Second its going to be very hard to squeeze an i5 into a 500 dollar build and marests 560 build is probably the most balanced system in that price range. You could replace the 6870 with a 7850 for fairly close to the same price. But if you go i5 you will be unbalancing your system with a budget of 500.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-build-Read-me!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds

    Budget Gaming 560
    MoBo: ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP – $69.99
    CPU: Intel i3 3220 – $129.99
    RAM: G.Skill 1600MHz 2x4GB – $33.99
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6870 – $164.99
    HDD: WD Caviar Blue 500GB – $69.99
    PSU: Antec VP-450W – $35.99 Review
    Case: BitFenix Merc Alpha – $49.99
    --------------------------------------------------
    Estimated Total Price – $565
    That build should be fine for WoW, and a decent number of other games as well. Don't expect Crysis 3 at 1080p with 16x anti-aliasing to run, but as for HD WoW I don't see it being a problem.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    That build should be fine for WoW, and a decent number of other games as well. Don't expect Crysis 3 at 1080p with 16x anti-aliasing to run, but as for HD WoW I don't see it being a problem.
    Why waste 165$ for a 6870? Rather pick a 7850 out.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Why waste 165$ for a 6870? Rather pick a 7850 out.
    I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy an AMD card, ever. I simply answered the question posed by the thread, yes, that particular setup, while slightly more expensive than the OPs budget, will run WoW at HD resolutions, and a decent amount of other games at lower resolutions and/or graphical settings.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    I wouldn't encourage anyone to buy an AMD card, ever. I simply answered the question posed by the thread, yes, that particular setup, while slightly more expensive than the OPs budget, will run WoW at HD resolutions, and a decent amount of other games at lower resolutions and/or graphical settings.
    For WoW I don't see the point to buy a graphics card like a 6870/7850. Like the quality difference is so big between medium & ultra and especially who's looking to every detail of an object during a boss fight in a 25m raid? A solid 30 fps is more than enough for WoW 25m raids. While being focused on an important boss fight, not even a single person would start to QQ I have bad quality and a silly 30 fps

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    For WoW I don't see the point to buy a graphics card like a 6870/7850. Like the quality difference is so big between medium & ultra and especially who's looking to every detail of an object during a boss fight in a 25m raid? A solid 30 fps is more than enough for WoW 25m raids. While being focused on an important boss fight, not even a single person would start to QQ I have bad quality and a silly 30 fps
    That's your argument. However from personal experience better framerates make a difference. A "solid 30" most likely becomes a "jumpy 15" whenever anything important in the fight happens. Ability to see things and react quicker can mean the difference between life and death for the raid. Maybe raids are more forgiving in MoP, haven't played much of it beyond the first 6 weeks of the expansion or so, but when I first made the switch from crappy off-the-shelf name-brand PCs to building my own, it literally caused me to perform better because I could see the exact instant spells were coming off CD, see the exact moment that void zone style aoe opened on the ground, I could move out of it without chopping and taking extra damage. This was during BC, when raids were much less forgiving, but make of it what you will.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •