Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    It's intentionally being presented as hyperbole.

And it's still technically mutilation.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 11:19 PM ----------

The ones we should be asking is the women then? And they seem to agree that uncircumcised penises are more pleasurable.
    Because women have more experience with circumcised penises than circumcised men do right? I was saying that those who are circumcised should have more say to those who are not, I wasn't asking who should be asked about the topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I don't even understand how this is a debate? Circumcision is a normal medical procedure that should just be done for all young males.
    Not sure if serious?

If serious, why is it normal? How are you defining normal? WHy do you think it should be done to everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    If a person needs to be mutilated because he can't swipe his penis once a day in the shower he should be taking anyway, he's got enough issues for a dirty foreskin to be the least of them. Especially considering that contrary to the fallacies in the quote, that area does not get any dirtier than armpits and the like. Are you seriously that inept in your personal hygiene that you have to cut off parts of your body you can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds a day cleaning?
    My grandpa is not circumcised. He is one of the cleanest people you'll ever meet. He has gotten multiple UTIs and he wishes he would have been circumcised. But because they didn't do it to him when he was a baby, he doesn't want to risk it now in his age because of how difficult and intense it is once you're older.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    He looks pretty good! Don't know what message you're trying to deliver if any, But does having hair in this day and age actually matter?

Did you ever tell your parents that? if so what did they say?
    I told my mother once. She just shrugged and said, "Well, too late now."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Really because i was raised Catholic as well and got my turtleneck removed as a baby, and in the locker room there was never a guy that wasent. Im certain if there was he would have gotten made fun of constantly.
    Catholic, locker room. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I don't even understand how this is a debate? Circumcision is a normal medical procedure that should just be done for all young males.
    It's a debate because there are people with such positions.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    They also seem to agree that it is hideously ugly, as one posters wife admitted.
    Personally if it's attached to someone I care for it's not ugly regardless, if it's some random strangers then it's generally not particularly attractive whatever state it's in. There's absolutely no real difference sensation wise for the lady, so any preference comes down to social factors and norms, which I'd argue aren't really a good justification, since they'll shift as the norm shifts anyway.

I can't believe people still circumcise boys tbh, to me it seems barbaric and certainly old fashioned. I've never seen a convincing argument for it. It just seems to prevent things that could also be prevented by much simpler means, such as bathing/washing/medication etc. I can understand those things being an issue back when bathing daily/other now common personal hygeine standards/modern treatments and medications for issues weren't the norm, but I don't really see how that's still a problem now in a western country where most people have access to those things.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-04 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    If your parents leave you intact and you want to have it removed at a later time, all well and good.
    Unfortunately, you'd get ridiculed for doing it by those who are not circumcised as noted in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post
    Isn't the sensitivity issue diffrent per person though? A lot say yeah i lost it and a lot say i didn't. Wich is understandable as every body is diffrent and reacts to diffrent things in differ ways!
    If that's the case then shouldn't it be left up to the individual to take that risk rather than have parents make that life-altering choice for him?

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    He looks pretty good! Don't know what message you're trying to deliver if any, But does having hair in this day and age actually matter?

Did you ever tell your parents that? if so what did they say?
    Sexual preference.
    Most people like other people with hair on their nogging so its unlikely to go away. Body hair is shaved off so its not much of a deciding factor and will continue to be there. Few people care about whether or not their partner has wisdom teeth. People are being born without them but nothing indicates that in the end no one will have them unless the genes responsible for them are dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Under the foreskin doesn't get any dirtier than your armpits, fof example. Guess that's why we amputate our arms to keep our armpits clean. oh, wait a second...

If a person needs to be mutilated because he can't swipe his penis once a day in the shower he should be taking anyway, he's got enough issues for a dirty foreskin to be the least of them. Especially considering that contrary to the fallacies in the quote, that area does not get any dirtier than armpits and the like. Are you seriously that inept in your personal hygiene that you have to cut off parts of your body you can't be bothered to spend 10 seconds a day cleaning?
    The fact/fiction of the cleanliness debate aside, you'll forgive me if I care a little more about my junk than my armpits.

Although...I hear some people find armpits sexy...so maybe I need to rethink my entire life...

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Well ladies prefer circumcised sooo...
    Agreed every girl I know thinks its disgusting if your not circumsized.

I think a little too much is made of this. I think it is a thing that is in the eyes of the beholder. My wife is certainly happy that I am so I am good with it. As for it being mutilation, I would say no because I believe in the Bible and it was something the creator told the Jews to do. Christians under the NT are not told to do it or not to do it so it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Unfortunately, you'd get ridiculed for doing it by those who are not circumcised as noted in this thread.
    Better than forcibly removing the foreskin from small children.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    Because women have more experience with circumcised penises than circumcised men do right? I was saying that those who are circumcised should have more say to those who are not, I wasn't asking who should be asked about the topic.
    No, that doesn't make any sense. Because uncircumcised have more experience with uncircumcised penises, so it's going to be a very personal bias on both sides. That's why I suggested asking the women
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    If that's the case then shouldn't it be left up to the individual to take that risk rather than have parents make that life-altering choice for him?
    An argument I'd like to make is you don't really know unless you have a test group of those who were circumcised at birth, those who were never circumcised, and those who were circumcised later in life.

I'm willing to bet that those who were not circumcised as babies, but in fact circumcised at a later age (16 or older) have a lot less sensitivity. But those who were circumcised as a baby will have just as much sensitivity as those not circumcised. That's what I believe and I'm sticking to it.

I believe in the Bible and it was something the creator told the Jews to do. Christians under the NT are not told to do it or not to do it so it
    I kind of think that perhaps the reason the Creator told the Jews to do it was because they really had no way of being hygienic. Circumcision was probably helping them not get infected since they rarely cleaned, and so it became a law. And you're right, it's not a thing Christians need to do for religious purposes now, most people do it based on social reasons or a belief in the health benefits, which there are.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2012-12-04 at 10:35 PM.

Nothing is your choice til you're 18. No one wants be be circumcised at 18. It hurts. That's why you do it at a few days old, you can't feel it. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Except you aren't making it smaller. Technicality, I can understand why it's hard to miss
    Smaller in regards to length and girth? no. But bottom line is you are making it more aerodynamic, or hydrodynamic whichever you prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys are so retarded i am not cut , never had any problem down there and i never smell ( pro tip you need to wash it you know ) i live in canada and i never seen any of my gf get gross out because of it they just dont care, it make 0, nana difference and my parent always told me it was up to me to do it or not wen i was at a age to understand it. tl;dr : my parent were smart and did not do it and iam glad of it

Tattos, piercings, circumcision, ... such things that are permanent (more or less) should be the person's own choice.
    Circumcision has both Pros and Cons but the person should chose what is better for himself when he has the age of understanding what it really is.