Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Yes, that was not a question. It was a statement. But i see you declined to answer the actual question. The essential one. Why shouldn't it be the individuals free choice? If you are an adult want your circumcised penis because it so much better then go ahead. But dont deprive other people of their right over their body.
    There simply isn't one. At least not outside of the procedure being easier at that point in time as compared to when the child is old enough to come to the decision of his own accord. It's just a case of the parents doing what they think is best for their child.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2012-12-10 at 03:33 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Umm... Because anything that makes someone different opens them up for ridicule. Why give some little shit a reason to pick on your kid. And to say youd make fun of them back, youve never been in a locker room have you? Anything that makes you different from the majority will get you made fun of. You by not having it done in the US are giving kids a reason to pick on your kid. It happens in locker rooms. Its the way it is. When a bunch of kids gang up on the few there isnt much you can do. Do you not remember being picked on for something? Do you want to subject your kid to that? You cant live in a bubble trying to make yourself out as specia ok and put your kid at risk can you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    There simply isn't one. At least not outside of the procedure being easier at that point in time as compared to when the child is old enough to come to the decision of his own accord. It's just a case of the parents doing what they think is best for their child.
    Except people imposing stuff on other people because they think it's best is generally considered a bad thing. It shouldn't change because it's parents.

Umm... Because anything that makes someone different opens them up for ridicule. Why give some little shit a reason to pick on your kid. And to say youd make fun of them back, youve never been in a locker room have you? Anything that makes you different from the majority will get you made fun of. You by not having it done in the US are giving kids a reason to pick on your kid. It happens in locker rooms. Its the way it is. When a bunch of kids gang up on the few there isnt much you can do. Do you not remember being picked on for something? Do you want to subject your kid to that? You cant live in a bubble trying to make yourself out as specia ok and put your kid at risk can you?
    Let's irreversibly modify our children because you were a stupid bullying moron. You know how we could avoid that ? Cutting parts out of bullies. Funnier.
    Last edited by Authary; 2012-12-10 at 03:39 PM.

Cutting off foreskin does not affect sexual performance or pleasure.
    Couldn't be more wrong.

2/2 both facts wrong, gg.

So - like not vaccinating the child? Or hitting the child? I guess it should be left up to the parents to do what they think is best. Unless of course if it is a female child - then circumcision is bad BAD BAD! Circumcision is just a euphemism for genital mutilation.
    We do not let the parents decide what is best for the child if what they think is best if it is hurtful to the child or those around it. Why should this be any different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong.

2/2 both facts wrong, gg.
    To be fair it doesnt HAVE to impact performance, but yeah sure if someone has problems with stamina I'm sure it could help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    Except people imposing stuff on other people because they think it's best is generally considered a bad thing. It shouldn't change because it's parents.
    But it does in this case. You're being disingenuous if you're saying you don't see that.

From time to time parents do things and ask things of infants/children that they may not want to do, but the parents are doing it becuase they think it's in the best intrested of their child. As such, they have the leagal rights.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

But it does in this case. You're being disingenuous if you're saying you don't see that.

From time to time parents do things and ask things of infants/children that they may not want to do, but the parents are doing it becuase they think it's in the best intrested of their child. As such, they have the leagal rights.
    As Cattaclysmic mentioned, parents do all sort of illegal/dangerous/bad things to their children because they think it's in the best interest of their child. They're usually forbidden because you do not do any irreversible thing to a baby without a good reason (an opinion isn't a good reason). That one should be forbidden too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    So - like not vaccinating the child? Or hitting the child? I guess it should be left up to the parents to do what they think is best. Unless of course if it is a female child - then circumcision is bad BAD BAD! Circumcision is just a euphemism for genital mutilation.
    We do not let the parents decide what is best for the child if what they think is best if it is hurtful to the child or those around it. Why should this be any different.
    You should be asking yourself the same question I would think. If it were such a tragedy and ruined the child's life, why would the practise be in such great use as it is? Why would 1st world coutries the world over say, yeah it's has some benefits but nothing that would make it mandatory... so let's just leave it up to the parents to make their best educated decision.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

You should be asking yourself the same question I would think. If it were such a tragedy and ruined the child's life, why would the practise be in such great use as it is? Why would 1st world coutries the world over say, yeah it's has some benefits but nothing that would make it mandatory... so let's just leave it up to the parents to make their best educated decision.
    Religion / backwards customs...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    In the US at least from my experience playing hockey and lacrosse we always made fun of the uncut guy(there was usually only one out of 20 guys). Its a social stigma to be uncut in the us. To not cut your child your subjecting them to ridicule whether you like it or not. It would be tough to explain to your little boy why he looks different than you or everyone else if he wasnt.

Its a minimalist thing at best for people to have a reason to complain. If i have a boy i will do it for his health both physically and mentally because if your one out of 20 without your going to be made fun of like it or not. You cant tell a 14 year old you did it for him later in life while he gets made fun of in the locker room for having an anteater.
    If you have a son, his generation isn't going to be 95% cut. It depends somewhat on region of the country whether it'll be 50% cut or 10% cut, but I guarantee he wouldn't be mocked for being the only one with an anteater. Of course it's always possible there'll be some guy making fun of his dick (who does this, really?), but are you honestly telling me that if he comes to you when he's 17 and says he wishes he hadn't been circumcised, you think "well, son, when I was your age, I got my jollies by making fun of an uncircumcised johnson, and I just wanted to spare you that" is going to be a satisfactory answer?

I mean seriously you cannot compare this to female circumcision. Putting them in the same light because you use the same word is just plain ignorant. No 1st world country ever preformed it. I dont get the idea that its the same word means the same thing crap. You self rightous little shits you cant be living in the US. Its not normal in the US to not have your child cut. You make your child into a social stigma by not doing it. Why just so you can give him the choice and feel good about yourself? Therrs more to it than that and you know it. Yes if only religous people did it noone would get picked on but its a societal norm in the US regardless of religion. Go ahead have your kid be made fun of im not making my kid stand out for my own selfish reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Religion / backwards customs...
    I don't think religion is making national (not just in the US) backed scientific health departments say, "It has it's benefits, but not enought to warrant it for every male child. So we leave it up to the parents."

Again if it were so horrible a practise why wouldn't countries the world over ban it instead of saying it's kinda good but not enought for us to force it on you, so do what you want.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I don't think religion is making national (not just in the US) backed scientific health departments say, "It has it's benefits, but not enought to warrant it for every male child. So we leave it up to the parents."

Again if it were so horrible a practise why wouldn't countries the world over ban it instead of saying it's kinda good but not enought for us to force it on you, so do what you want.
    Because it has no systematic drawback. Some may like it, some may have problems. The health department's job is to point out the scientific facts.

The problem is not measurable. It's about freedom of choice. If you force it on a baby because of your reasons the kid will have to live with it. He cannot grow another foreskin if he happens to develop his own opinion (woah !) and decides to think it's a bad thing. However, if he's not cut, he can totally cut it.

Less and less people are practicing circumcision.

Germany made a ban on it, and the religious groups went nuts...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Authary View Post
    Because it has no systematic drawback. Some may like it, some may have problems. The health department's job is to point out the scientific facts.

The problem is not measurable. It's about freedom of choice. If you force it on a baby because of your reasons the kid will have to live with it. He cannot grow another foreskin if he happens to develop his own opinion (woah !) and decides to think it's a bad thing. However, if he's not cut, he can totally cut it.
    You're 100% correct. But it's the parent's right (and it's not just me saying that, but governments the world over) to make life changing decisions for their children.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Yes i do think that will be a good answer. Any way you can protect your child from bullying is your resposibility as aparent. There is no worse abuse than mental abuse. I would never do anything to put my child in harms way as most parents wouldnt. Being self rightepus and a human rights advocate wont make you look any better when your kid asks you why am o different.

Don't parents also decide to have children's tonsils removed (against their will) for similarly minor health benefits? Somehow I don't think we'd have a 80 page long thread about that.
    Wait, is there people who removes their children's tonsils preventively even if they are not sick? If that's true you bet I'm against that too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Yes i do think that will be a good answer. Any way you can protect your child from bullying is your resposibility as aparent. There is no worse abuse than mental abuse. I would never do anything to put my child in harms way as most parents wouldnt. Being self rightepus and a human rights advocate wont make you look any better when your kid asks you why am o different.
    I guess we should all have clone babies. We should all have the same skin color, height, weight, and clothing. Besides, being circumcised is actually the minority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Less and less people are practicing circumcision.

Germany made a ban on it, and the religious groups went nuts...
    I have no facts on this subject but my educated guess is that it's falling out of favor more based on people wishing to seperate themselves from the religious dogma, and not because of the benefits.

http://latitude.blogs.nytimes.com/20...-circumcision/

And by that article, only 45% of the German population agreed with the decision, & Chancellor Merkel was quoted as saying “I do not want Germany to be the only country in the world in which Jews cannot practice their rites,” so I have my doubts on the staying power of such a ruling.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect