Thread: ASRock MoBos

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The 4 Asrock cpu's that I have used for builds have done good so far I don't use one for myself but my friend's like there's I use a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128544 Gigabyte UH3 and its been really good to me.

Deleted
    My experience with Assrock was pretty wank tbh 4 dead mobo's within a 3 month period and my local pc store stopped selling them....Though it seems they have pulled their finger out recently and are now pushing some of the strongest bang for buck board's out there.

I suppose every company goes through rocky patches

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    just put an extreme4 in a computer and was pretty darn suprised with its quality. time will tell but i have put several asrocks in computers and havent had any problems.
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thehordemage View Post
    As a follow up, what is a reasonable mobo I can substitute for the gaming 790 and 870 even with a price hike to 200-250?
    Asus P8Z77-V LK or Asus P8Z77-V would probably the best choice.
    I myself have the Asus P8Z77-V LX and am very happy with it. It got some bad reviews on newegg, but by skimming over them, it seems more like the bad ratings are form people who damaged theirs during install and lie about it claiming they arrived DoA.
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Asus P8Z77-V LK or Asus P8Z77-V would probably the best choice.
    I myself have the Asus P8Z77-V LX and am very happy with it. It got some bad reviews on newegg, but by skimming over them, it seems more like the bad ratings are form people who damaged theirs during install and lie about it claiming they arrived DoA.
    I'll rather go for the Asus p8z77-v instead of LK/LX junk. I'm only calling them junk because they don't have heatsink(s) on the vrm.