10+ Year Old Account

Experienced Drake Rider soloable in MoP?

Ok, so I did a search on this topic, but nothing recent posted on this achievement. As it happens this is literally the last achievement I need for the Glory of the Hero meta. I have no problem soloing everything but the last boss pre-MoP, and was hoping to hear if anyone has completed this achievement recently....and ,more specifically, if the vehicles (drakes) scale with our latest health pools at 90?

Also, anyone know if it is possible to solo the Disarmed achievement? That is also the last one I need for Ulduar 10 and yes, ive tried to get some guildies to come along, but with world of dailycraft, in between raids, cant seem to get any takers. My hunter is ilevel 458, so pretty meh gear http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...c3%b6rn/simple

Deleted
    Disarmed should be very easy (was even before MoP), because the right arm doesn't grip anyone if you are the only one in the room (always remind to stay at the boss, otherwise he will deal a lot of damage)

I just did the emerald rider drake tonight. Going to try ruby/amber the next two days.

You still need to know what to do on the fight and be coordinated with the poison stacking on the whelps or they easily get overwhelming.

Keep 3 stacks on boss, I made a mini focus frame on him just to keep an eye on the dot.

As for the whelps, i used the insta kill whenever available on a whelp and then applied 2 stacks of poison per whelp.

I did get behind during the fight where I lost the dot on the boss because I had too many whelps on me. So, I just cycled through the whelps before it became manageable. Took me a good 8-10 minute fight but I was sloppy.

I'll see what amber/ruby are like the next two days. The bottom line is 85's have been able to do it so it's up to your coordination level to take it down. The drake does scale with your level.

Atleast it's piss easy with the ruby drake, just strafe around far enough from the boss and spam one skill. Plenty of youtube videos around (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwmENPX1Emc).

Did it at 85 and it took me probably two attempts. Can't remember what I botched on my first try. Haven't tried Emerald or Amber yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say, dismount on his platform while having the Drake of choice in your bags, pop CDs and dps him down.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't you need to be riding the mount at the time of the kill to get credit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    don't you need to be riding the mount at the time of the kill to get credit?
    I believe you just need to have it in your bags; that's how i got the Amber part at level 80 after the boss killed me on his platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolinator View Post
    Disarmed should be very easy (was even before MoP), because the right arm doesn't grip anyone if you are the only one in the room (always remind to stay at the boss, otherwise he will deal a lot of damage)
    OP said he uses a hunter for solo, and hunters have some difficult time soloing Kologarn. As of today, with the pet out and tanking the boss, he grips you, keeps you in his hand, then kill you and release the body. Without anyone in melee range, he starts using his "kill everyone" ability; if you try to tank him yourself, you may succeed, but it'd be though and Disarmed would need too much time and coordination to perform right.

If i recall correct, Durendil was the first hunter to solo this encounter. You need to be lucky and NEVER get gripped at ANY point. It'd seem strafing around is the key, but we don't know yet.

coming back to report amber drake solo isn't possible. The damage from the fire is too puny for you to last long enough to take out the boss.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 02:48 AM ----------

ruby drake is soloable but it was really close. I died a couple times but you have to time the evasion with his enrages properly. I had about 12% health left so it wasn't a guaranteed kill.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 05:40 AM ----------

I'm down for setting up like a cross-realm group for people getting the achievment if there is interest. I would put it up on openraid.us
    Last edited by wildemu; 2012-12-06 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you able to get the achievement from using the mount during the fight then when it dies just nuking him down? I can easily kill him without the mounts i just struggle with them :S

i got like 4 achievements at once the other day just from killing him without mounts >.<

Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-12-06 at 11:39 AM.

you need to be on the mount until he gets killed to get credit for the rider achievement. Technically, you can have one guy on a drake and the other nuking the boss on the ground, and the drake rider would get credit.

for those interested in getting some of the achievement done, i set up a group opportunity on openraid.us for anyone who is interested in getting this achievement done. It will start at 8 pm est tonight, you can sign up for it at the website (openraid.us) or you can just post in this thread and ill invite you tonight cross-realm.

This is alliance side.