[Fire] Critical Mass reverted? (It wasn't)

I just got a report from a guildie that he spent a few hours testing fire crits today and apparently, the modifier of Critical Mass is back to 1.5. Can anyone confirm this, I'm not home yet to try it out myself.
    Last edited by Choda; 2012-12-04 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so, at work so I can't test it out.

Deleted
    Just end my raid and crit is still that 1.25

Elegon HC 10man: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13094&e=13541

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choda View Post
    I just got a report from a guildie that he spent a few hours testing fire crits today and apparently, the modifier of Critical Mass is back to 1.5. Can anyone confirm this, I'm not home yet to try it out myself.
    it's not. your friend lied to you. or he doesn't know what he tested.

Quote Originally Posted by Magisimoo View Post
    it's not. your friend lied to you. or he doesn't know what he tested.
    You got to remember that hotfixes dont hit every region at the same time, unless its something gamebreaking thats happening.. Still wouldnt expect them to revert it, even though it would be the sensible thing to do..

this post gave me a glimmer of hope, but each additional post has proceeded to crush it =(

Located in Australia so server reset/shutdown occurred last night. Haven't had the opportunity to extensively test but after some quick dailies prior to work this morning Heating Up proc's seemed to be back to where they were. Tool tip for Critical Mass is showing 1.5 multiplier.

Not anecdotal evidence I know but just maybe..............

how is it possible to confirm if something RNG based has been changed? for all we know your friend could of just got rather lucky with his crits! only thing we can really do is wait for blizzard to say something

edit: as with the tooltip, that cannot be changed until a client side patch is applied. seeing as this change was a hot fix it will still display 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    how is it possible to confirm if something RNG based has been changed? for all we know your friend could of just got rather lucky with his crits! only thing we can really do is wait for blizzard to say something

edit: as with the tooltip, that cannot be changed until a client side patch is applied. seeing as this change was a hot fix it will still display 1.5
    More data you have, more it will average towards the actual crit chance you have. So all you need is a VERY large parse of spamming lets say scorch, and then just count the crit and you are done. I mean it shouldnt be rocket science to notice the difference.

And by very large, I mean huge.. and if you are sceptical on the readings, do it again and compare the average

Quote Originally Posted by Repmor View Post
    Located in Australia so server reset/shutdown occurred last night. Haven't had the opportunity to extensively test but after some quick dailies prior to work this morning Heating Up proc's seemed to be back to where they were. Tool tip for Critical Mass is showing 1.5 multiplier.

Not anecdotal evidence I know but just maybe..............
    im pretty sure HOTFIX doesnt change the tooltip, remember when arcane missile said it have 100% chance to proc but it didnt.....(this tooltip lasted throughout t13 lol)
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    im pretty sure HOTFIX doesnt change the tooltip, remember when arcane missile said it have 100% chance to proc but it didnt.....(this tooltip lasted throughout t13 lol)
    It doesn't. Hotfixes are server side. Tooltips are client side, which require a client patch.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    It doesn't. Hotfixes are server side. Tooltips are client side, which require a client patch.
    that's not totally true, wasnt the darkmoon faire trinket used by tanks changed thru a hotfix without a patch with the tooltip being updated once the hotfix hit? or was there a patch im missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I edited the title of the thread to be less misleading. Sorry if it caused stress for anyone.