Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    Greed is not a natural feeling, an innate instinct, it is the symptom of repression. Scarcity has always been with every species on the planet, and humans are now moving towards abundance for the first time.
    Greed is a behavior learned through evolution (hence it's written in our genes) due to our world having limited resources. It might be, from a metaphorical point of view, that it's a sympthom of repression... but greed is as natural, innate, as it gets, because that "repression" has been with us for so long that it's hardwired into our genes. Through culture we can overcome it, yes... just barely, though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Duh, that's why the Soviet Union failed.
    Do you understand that the Soviet Union didn't work against greed? In fact, it worked in a similar way to many other countries that were/are run by oligarchies who own all the resorts of power (not unlike how Russia still works even now). Those oligarchies were very greedy, and probably they were objectivist (certainly their morality was very close to it).
    The Soviet Union collapsed because of the inefficiencies of the top-down approach when there are now down-top means of control. The Soviet Union collapsed because of the rampant corruption, not because of trying to enforce the disappearance of greed.

Don't get me wrong, if someones offering 2 for 1, or BOGOF round at the supermarket, chances are I'm taking it. However I'm not a greedy person by nature and will always try to help others in need.
    I don't ever expect anything back from me helping others although I would like them to "pass it on".

Some people are naturally greedy, "what can I get out of this?" types...these are the type of people you want to avoid, as they are not your friends at all, only out to use what they can get. Fortunately, not everyone's like this and most people will help out some in need. Whether they expect something in return or not is a whole different ballgame.

Point being, I think it depends on your local society/community (hah)
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

Everyone is greedy whether they want to admit it or not.

To an extent. We want to satisfy ourselves and our own needs, that's hard wired. We have to be taught to care about others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.